RE: Illusion Flare Request 02/26/2020 06:35 PM CST
Moved here per request:

I think my brain wants to call it an illusion flare because my mental picture of it would work the same way? For example it would be an arm, wrist, hand, ring-worn item and instead of proc'ing randomly off attack actions it would trigger on non-combat verbs involving hands like ADJUST, CLEAN, CLUTCH, FIDGET, FLIP, PAT, PINCH, ROLL, RUB, SHAKE, TIE, WAVE, YANK, etc. (The ones you'd find on a verby fluff item like a cloak.) Specifically TOUCH would be amazing for empaths so they can behind an annoying glitter hand print or cackle maniacally while taking someone wounds.

Mechanically I see it couldn't work exactly the same since the the actual item wouldn't be involved in the verb, so maybe glamour is a more accurate term? You wouldn't TOUCH RING PERSON to heal them, I'm guessing that would be hot mess to implement if not impossible.

I also love the idea of having it like spell preps. Some basic ones are available all the time with enough enchanting skill. Maybe one that might vaguely suit each guild without calling it "Necro Glamour" but maybe something similar to Shadow Glamour for "Shadowy symbols trace up the back of your hand from a diacan ring, turning your fingernails matte black for a moment before fading." Have one that's properly nature-y for Rangers, musical for Bards, etc. Maybe the one modeled after Barbs would be along the lines of: "A faint echo of clanking weapons can be barely be heard. Did that come from Person?"

Then have more rare ones available only during events. Maybe something like a book with 5 uses be a regular incidental but with a low drop rate so the market isn't flooded and simultaneously gives upper level enchanters a marketable item. On that same note I would absolutely pay MT $$ to be able to randomly throw handfuls of glitter at people or threaten them with rainbow glitter hand prints when I heal them. Or roll a little crazy eye occasionally just to keep folks on their toes. For all the glitter-haters there should be some not-silly options too if we have to. :D

Thanks again for listening!
Also love love the Tuesday Announcements. It gives me the warm fuzzies to see new stuff.

Original Post:
This might take a bit of tricksy-ness but I would loooooove love love love (can't even explain how much) to see something like an Illusion Flare. Something that doesn't do damage so it won't need scaling/tuning but a random chance on touch/rub/tap etc to atmo. In theory this could also be added to the enchanting system at some point and allows fantastic personalizing for a character.

- You lightly tap Person on the shoulder.
- Shadowy symbols trace up the back of your hand from a diacan ring, turning your fingernails matte black for a moment before fading.

- Empath touches person.
- Empath's bloodlace gloves quiver unnaturally leaving a faint sprinkle of suspiciously rust-colored flakes.

- You open your duffel bag.
- Your opal ring brushes against (item) and releases a burst of fresh peppermint scent.

- Person rubs axe.
- Odd, you would swear a feral red gleam just flashed across Person's gaze but no trace remains.

PS: LOVE glitter flare also. Much gleeful cackling ensued. <3 whoever worked on that.