Rangers get a tech point in carving? 09/08/2016 05:17 PM CDT
I am just curious why the engineering tech point rangers get is in carving instead of shaping since traditionally rangers had incentive to make bows. Would it be better for rangers to focus on crafting and hunting with crossbows now even though it seems to diverge from traditional role play?
Re: Rangers get a tech point in carving? 09/08/2016 05:28 PM CDT
>>I am just curious why the engineering tech point rangers get is in carving instead of shaping since traditionally rangers had incentive to make bows. Would it be better for rangers to focus on crafting and hunting with crossbows now even though it seems to diverge from traditional role play?

Because they were created before the crafts themselves were fully fleshed out.

My understanding is that once all crafts are out, the guild techs are going to be recalibrated. They're waiting until they're all out so they don't reshuffle everything after each thing comes out.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Rangers get a tech point in carving? 09/08/2016 06:44 PM CDT

Honestly, I'd rather see the individual bonus techs changed to be general techs. So rather than 1 in carving and 1 in shaping, they would get 2 in engineering.
Re: Rangers get a tech point in carving? 09/08/2016 07:31 PM CDT
Or just go all the way and give everyone 3 free techs to do what they wish with. Not everyone wants to take up a "guild-themed" craft (I'm looking at you Empaths).
Re: Rangers get a tech point in carving? 09/13/2016 11:03 PM CDT

<<<Or just go all the way and give everyone 3 free techs to do what they wish with. Not everyone wants to take up a "guild-themed" craft (I'm looking at you Empaths).>>>

I wonder when empaths or hell anyone, will figure out that 100 count ungents of jadice salve and maybe yelith potion would sell like hotcakes for hallows eve darkbox games? Too bad we dont have the poison cures yet too!.

Ranger Pfanston and his soggy pup.