Books, Repairing Tools, 05/19/2015 10:45 PM CDT
I am fairly new to crafting (and I'm enjoying it far more than I really should).

I have three sets of questions:

1. I want to be able to repair my own tools. I did some looking on Elanthipedia and I could only find one set of instructions for repairing tools:

- Scrub with a Wire Brush

- Pour oil

Is this just for repairing blacksmithing tools? Or does it work for all tools of all trades. If this is not the correct way to repair carving tools (specifically for bone carving) what is the proper method and what is the required skill and rank to do this?

2. How do I turn my instruction book to the table of contents? I can turn to chapters and pages but I cannot figure out how to get back to the initial table of contents.

3. The runestones listed in carving - will those eventually be used to make runestones like we currently find in the treasure system?

__
"Technically correct" is the worst kind of correct.
Re: Books, Repairing Tools, 05/19/2015 10:52 PM CDT
>>- Scrub with a Wire Brush

>>- Pour oil

That's all you have to do to repair tools.

>>and what is the required skill and rank to do this?

Not really sure, 100 or so ranks maybe? That would be in Forging.

>>2. How do I turn my instruction book to the table of contents? I can turn to chapters and pages but I cannot figure out how to get back to the initial table of contents.

> turn book to index

You turn the a book of master weaponsmithing instructions back to the index.

>>3. The runestones listed in carving - will those eventually be used to make runestones like we currently find in the treasure system?

I believe they will be the runestones that you will use with the Enchanting system when it is released.
Re: Books, Repairing Tools, 05/19/2015 11:11 PM CDT
Thank you!

Oh one last question... in my research it appears that Black Goblins have no bones. Is this correct?

__
"Technically correct" is the worst kind of correct.
Re: Books, Repairing Tools, 05/19/2015 11:18 PM CDT
>>3. The runestones listed in carving - will those eventually be used to make runestones like we currently find in the treasure system?

Yup! You'll use them with Enchanting and imbue the capacity for creating spell matrices upon them.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Books, Repairing Tools, 05/20/2015 08:11 AM CDT
Pretty sure you need at least basic tool repair tech too.
Re: Books, Repairing Tools, 05/20/2015 10:07 AM CDT
>Pretty sure you need at least basic tool repair tech too.

Nope. Useful, but not required.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Books, Repairing Tools, 05/20/2015 10:49 AM CDT
>>>>Pretty sure you need at least basic tool repair tech too.

>>Nope. Useful, but not required.

IMO, it's way more than useful...it's required in everything but name. At least when crafting first started, you barely accomplish anything with each repair until you get the basic tech.

I view the advanced tech as more of a useful but not required tech, because I feel the big advantage of that is the reduced roundtimes for repairs.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.