Stone Carving 02/20/2015 04:41 PM CST
Can we please have stone changed to allow it to be able to combine?

It is the only profession that can't combine the material.. and it creates a lot of waste of good stone. At the very least allow stone to be combined back to boulder size.

I get the IC thought process behind it.. but some things just for sake of play-ability should override that and this is one of those times.
Re: Stone Carving 02/20/2015 07:05 PM CST
Realism wise I don't think you can because outside of like cementing pieces together or grinding to dust to make a cement like form there isn't a way to combine stone.

I'm not a mason or a stoneworker in RL so educate me if there are techniques that would realistically be doable.

[00:15] Chatter[Uzmam] Damian just wants to beat up dancers, what a bully
[00:15] Chatter[Morpion] Wait for them outside the club at 3 am?
[00:15] Chatter[Damian] i enjoy making them scream with pure terror
Re: Stone Carving 02/20/2015 07:08 PM CST
> Realism wise I don't think you can because outside of like cementing pieces together or grinding to dust to make a cement like form there isn't a way to combine stone.

I think there was talk of a semi-supernatural alchemical substance that could meld stone.
Re: Stone Carving 02/20/2015 07:27 PM CST
Again.. I don't care about the realism aspect of it. Stone is the only material the can't be combined that is used in player creation systems.. metals can, bone can, looks like lumber can, alchemy can, etc etc etc.

They can make up any BS they want to justify it. It won't hurt the game to let stone be combinable.
Re: Stone Carving 02/20/2015 08:04 PM CST
I'd be comfortable just being able to trade two small rocks in for a large rock.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Stone Carving 02/20/2015 08:39 PM CST
I agree. Redo it so we have X pieces of stone just like lumber or bone and do away with the pebble/stone/rock/boulder thing.

~Engineer Ascot Ryuzzaki, Tinkerer of Elanthia
Re: Stone Carving 02/20/2015 08:39 PM CST
small rocks are 3 volume and can at least be used for weapons.. it is the pebbles and stones that bug me.

There is nothing worth using a pebble (1 volume) on.. besides a bead which aside from amusement value is almost never made (until runestones are implemented). And stones (2 volume) are only good for sling ammo.. which you only need so much of.

It takes a small rock to make the vast majority of weapons and large rocks (4 volume) to make stirring rods (which doesn't make any sense btw in comparison to the rest of the items.. but whatever.)

Stone is just frustrating because you can't combine to get the amount you need. You either have it.. or you don't. None of the other crafting professions are like that.