basic maker mark 150 work orders?? 07/09/2020 05:23 PM CDT

I just completed my 150th work order, and the guy's still telling me I'm noteworthy. There has been no decay at all as I have been pounding and pounding every day from character creation. Now, if the 150 is indeed an "approximation" what can be done to narrow it down? I find it hard to believe that something like that should be left a mystery to a paying customer. I expect to know what I need to do, and get it done for my end to meet my goal.
Re: basic maker mark 150 work orders?? 07/09/2020 05:51 PM CDT
Its called PAFO ie Play and Find Out. Its been the hallmark &/or bane of DR since almost the first day. Yes, a lot is posted on Epedia, some of it outdated, some not. Used to be much harder to find info OOG.
Re: basic maker mark 150 work orders?? 07/09/2020 06:00 PM CDT
<<I just completed my 150th work order, and the guy's still telling me I'm noteworthy.

Which difficulty of work order? 150 is listed as the approximate number of hard work orders on the wiki, but you need more than that if some or all of those were just challenging.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Prestige
Re: basic maker mark 150 work orders?? 07/09/2020 06:07 PM CDT

1 - All hard from the beginning

2 - play and find out is a defeatist response. It is broken if there is no definitive information. Whatever hairbrain hack implemented it needs to fix it. Stating something has been a problem forever shows that something needs to be fixed.

3 - If someone worked for me all week long and came to me for a check and I replied, "Oh, payday is an estimate.... just keep working and you'll find out when you get paid" I would fully expect to be punched in the throat
Re: basic maker mark 150 work orders?? 07/09/2020 08:40 PM CDT
>I expect to know what I need to do, and get it done for my end to meet my goal.

There are more variables than simply X work orders of Y difficulty. GLWT.

>play and find out is a defeatist response. It is broken if there is no definitive information. Whatever hairbrain hack implemented it needs to fix it. Stating something has been a problem forever shows that something needs to be fixed.

Yeah, you seem like someone I want to have more interaction with...

>I find it hard to believe that something like that should be left a mystery to a paying customer.

Augments like this are the equivalent of screaming at a DMV employee "I PAY YOUR SALARY!"

>3 - If someone worked for me all week long and came to me for a check and I replied, "Oh, payday is an estimate.... just keep working and you'll find out when you get paid" I would fully expect to be punched in the throat

Not even close to the same thing. But thanks for trying.

Is PAFO annoying? Yes. Does it have it's place sometimes? Yes. Is it always a good idea? No. Want it to go away where it shouldn't be? Don't act like Karen.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: basic maker mark 150 work orders?? 07/09/2020 08:58 PM CDT
<<I just completed my 150th work order, and the guy's still telling me I'm noteworthy.

Not all work orders are the same. A 6 item hard work order will give more prestige than a 2 item hard work order. Try grabbing more 5 or 6 item ones to get up faster.
Re: basic maker mark 150 work orders?? 07/09/2020 10:52 PM CDT

>play and find out is a defeatist response. It is broken if there is no definitive information. Whatever hairbrain hack implemented it needs to fix it. Stating something has been a problem forever shows that something needs to be fixed.

Yeah, you seem like someone I want to have more interaction with...

....I couldn't possibly care less how often I interact with you. However the point remains... knowing something is broken and not seeking for it to be fixed is....odd

>I find it hard to believe that something like that should be left a mystery to a paying customer.

Augments like this are the equivalent of screaming at a DMV employee "I PAY YOUR SALARY!"

Not remotely. Now if I gave DMV 40 dollars a month then yes indeed I would Karen out on them and demand service

>3 - If someone worked for me all week long and came to me for a check and I replied, "Oh, payday is an estimate.... just keep working and you'll find out when you get paid" I would fully expect to be punched in the throat

Not even close to the same thing. But thanks for trying.

It's exactly the same thing. But thanks for trying

Is PAFO annoying? Yes. Does it have it's place sometimes? Yes. Is it always a good idea? No. Want it to go away where it shouldn't be? Don't act like Karen.

Honestly just go somewhere and shush. I am pointing out that there should be a better way to find out for a fact how many work orders one needs to turn in to reach a level of prestige. Is it a complicated complaint...no. Is there a reason for you to tell me I am wrong somehow? ....No. Because I am not
Re: basic maker mark 150 work orders?? 07/09/2020 10:56 PM CDT
>Honestly just go somewhere and shush. I am pointing out that there should be a better way to find out for a fact how many work orders one needs to turn in to reach a level of prestige. Is it a complicated complaint...no. Is there a reason for you to tell me I am wrong somehow? ....No. Because I am not

You missed the point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8cxRnz0G14

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: basic maker mark 150 work orders?? 07/10/2020 10:48 AM CDT
Wow, either a post was hidden or you are arguing with yourself as every point you highlighted was your own. LOL I'd say more but I know the staff would hide it. Lets just say it involves a bottle :)
Re: basic maker mark 150 work orders?? 07/10/2020 11:13 AM CDT
I'll also point out, that the most likely way you came across the 150 number is the wiki. The wiki that explicitly states the values in the table are approximate. And yet you posted this in the bug folder...

TG, TG, GL, et al.