Appraisal on creatures 02/07/2020 11:07 AM CST
There is something going on with the learning rate from appraising creatures while hunting I think. At 38 appraisal on a new character i'm able to appraise Endrus Serpents and other creatures i'm hunting, but there is no learning from it regardless if its done with quick or careful.

Appraisal in combat seems pretty low overall but it does work and I was able to get all my ranks for the most part on my moon mage by just doing it in combat. So I'm certain it does work eventually, I just assume its some sort of bug that you can appraise them and get the messages but get no experience at lower ranks.

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"

Re: Appraisal on creatures 02/07/2020 01:08 PM CST
>At 38 appraisal on a new character i'm able to appraise Endrus Serpents and other creatures i'm hunting, but there is no learning from it

You will begin to see (at first very inaccurate) damage and protection appraisals at precisely 50 ranks. You can successfully appraise a creature, albeit inaccurately, without experience gain at 10 ranks. You do not gain experience for appraising creatures until 76 ranks, at which point you can see messaging about how well the critter trains. It takes closer to around 100 ranks to get accurate information on items and creatures.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Appraisal_skill

Documentation is a love letter you write to your future self.