Can't give repair clerks containers with tools: 12/02/2019 06:49 AM CST
Bug in title, log below. Tried on fang cove, and clerks in crossing. Also tried just metal and just non-metal. Also tried regular (non-tool) repair shops. No change for anything.

> study clerk
You review what the clerk can assist you with.
[You can ASK CLERK for REGISTER to get a crafting storage register.]
[You can ASK CLERK for CATALOG to get a crafting tool storage catalog.]
[You can ASK CLERK FOR LIST to get a list of items you have in storage.]
[You can PUT tools on the counter to have them added to storage.]
[You can ASK CLERK FOR TOOL to retrieve that tool.]
[You can GIVE WEAPON/TOOL to the CLERK to repair it.]
[You can GIVE a container of weapons or tools to the CLERK to repair it.]
[You can ASK CLERK ABOUT REPAIR ALL to repair all worn and held items.]
> give clerk
A clerk shakes his head and says, "I don't repair those here."
> l in sack
In the large sack you see a basic stamp, a carving knife, some metal clamps, a metal drawknife, some thin sewing needles, a slender awl, some box-jaw tongs, a leather bellows, some hooked pliers, a weighted pickaxe, a serrated hide scraper, a wide shovel, a ball-peen hammer, a polished slickstone, a detailed yardstick, some serrated scissors, a wood shaper, a coarse rasp and a forked stirring rod.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Can't give repair clerks containers with tools: 12/02/2019 07:45 PM CST
It's possible one of those items cannot be repaired by them. Slickstones for example tend to be made of stone, not metal. Bellows would be similar, as it's leather, not metal. The rest i think should all work, but i think the problem is you need to take out the items he doesn't work on first.
Re: Can't give repair clerks containers with tools: 12/04/2019 07:12 AM CST
>It's possible one of those items cannot be repaired by them. Slickstones for example tend to be made of stone, not metal. Bellows would be similar, as it's leather, not metal. The rest i think should all work, but i think the problem is you need to take out the items he doesn't work on first.

1\ Tool repair clerks work on all tools. Regardless of if they're metal or not.
2\ You'll notice I also tried that:

Also tried just metal and just non-metal. Also tried regular (non-tool) repair shops. No change for anything.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Can't give repair clerks containers with tools: 12/05/2019 07:15 PM CST
I get that, and i think i forgot you tried metal and non-metal. just trying to narrow down what the problem may be. It sounds like an issue a GM will have to look at in-game. When all the tools in the bag require repair, and you get that message, i would ASSIST it to see if they can check real-time.

I had a similar issue when forging in the 1 room that has an anvil and crucible, and apparently the parser has issues when something is in the crucible, while working on the anvil. You cannot use your shovel or bellows because of the parser issue, which leads to mistakes.
Re: Can't give repair clerks containers with tools: 12/06/2019 11:30 AM CST
Could it be too many tools at once?

Inside each of us, there is the seed of both good and evil. It's a constant struggle as to which one will win. And one cannot exist without the other. Eric Burdon
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/evil