Box of wool yarn from Beyond the Barrier 11/30/2019 08:12 PM CST
This was reported as a bug back when it came out (from Beyond the Barrier); just checking in to see if a solution has been found, or if it's still a known issue with stackers.

The yarn box stacker item comes 50 stacked 100 yard lengths of wool yarn in it, and weighs 60 stones. Using some of that yarn will reduce the weight down to what appears to be a minimum of 56 stones, but when one tries to add yarn back in, each stack of yarn appears to now weigh ALOT more. I got curious, and decided to see how much 50 store-bought yarns would cost, but the box can only hold the weight of 15. At 15, MAMA's reports the box and its contents weigh 855 stones. I also weighed the yarn box as empty as it gets to find a tare weight, which is 55 stones.

So... If 10 stone equals 1 pounds, this evil box is telling me the yarn in it weighs 80 pounds? In my experience, Aran (heavy worsted wool) weight yarn is about 1.75 ounces per 100 yards. So the "realistic" weight of 1,500 yards of heavy wool yarn should be about 26.25 oz, or about a pound and a half.

I get that the code is unforgiving enough that minute amounts of weight are rounded up, and can add up quickly, but you can't tell me that gaining 80 pounds of weigh is expected behavior? If it's an insurmountable bug, then I'm throwing my lot in with the "stacker items should also reduce weight" camp to counteract said evil.

Now me and my ACRES OF YARN are going to go make a blanket or 20.

~Aislynn