Can't enchant bone rods using crafted bone rods 11/26/2019 04:57 AM CST
I BUGged it in-game.

Generally I use storebought rods for WO fodder, but I attempted to try player-carved rods in order to determine pay differences.

No problem carving bone rods with one of my characters who carves. I made prereni (most likely of fest origin, but I do have my own bleached bone from skinned critters as one of my carvers hunts prereni presently) and wolf-bone (freshly storebought) rods.

However, unable to put them on a brazier to start enchanting.

>get rod in my bag
You get a prereni-bone rod from inside your watersilk bag.
!>put rod on braz
You glance down at the smoking brazier and reconsider if you wish to begin enchanting.

[Putting an item on the brazier begins the enchanting process. This process can enhance the item, or cause serious damage to it and the enchanter. Put your item onto the brazier again in the next 30 seconds, to proceed. You've been warned!]
!>put rod on braz
You have no idea how to craft stout imbuement rod from this.

carved rod (the prereni rod):
>ana my rod
You deeply analyze the rod and pore over its construction.
This appears to be a type of bone carved wand or rod that is masterfully-crafted.
The rod is a challenging piece to make.
It was made by someone with a bit more skill than your own.

storebought rod:
>ana my rod
You try to analyze the bobcat rod, but are unable to discern hardly anything about it.
This appears to be a type of stone carved wand or rod.

At least that answers the question of whether storebought "a basalt bobcat rod" is stone or bone.

The recipe says it can be a rod of basically any material.

Instructions for crafting stout imbuement rod
A list of ingredients is provided:
(1) A stone, metal, wood or bone rod

Also, the parser seems to REALLY like the player crafted ones more. A storebought rod in my hands, the wolf-bone carved one on the ground, PUT did not default to what was in my hands:

>put rod in my bag
Perhaps you should be holding that first.

>put my rod in my bag
You put your rod in your watersilk bag.

Lyzalian Farscribe

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear