patterns in parts 02/13/2008 03:13 AM CST
know how we can embroider one big pattern on something right now? well what if there were easier patterns to do in piecemeal. Not only would it increase the variety of what we could do to something, but also people with less of the right skills could do something other then sloppy this sloppy that.

example:
stitch vines on shirt collar
you stitch vines encircling a shirts collar

stitch roses on vines on shirt collar
you work at stitching roses onto various sections of the vines encircling the shirts collar

look shirt
you see roses in bloom on vines encircling the shirts collar

study shirt
you study the shirt
you think you could add one more design to the shirt collar
two more designs the the shirt sleeves
four small designs or two large designs to the shirt itself
roundtime: 16 sec.

--
Treat empaths with respect, you'll live longer.
--
If life doesn't need intelligence,
Then why should intelligence need life?
--
http://blog.myspace.com/57223313
Re: patterns in parts 02/14/2008 12:19 PM CST
What I'd like to see in embroidery is the following:

Either preset tracery pattern with prechosen colors for the individual items, or a way to choose a primary, secondary and tertiarary etc color for a pattern.

For example: This is what you see when you look at the completed moon mage pattern. Six towers on a field of stars encircle the three Elanthian moons.

There are obviously more than three colors on this pattern by inference, stars can be white or silver, the six towers can be a brick red color, the three moons are usually katamba - dark grey, yavash - red, xibar - blue.

Say I choose silver for the stars, that means I can't use white for stars and vice versa.

What I'd like to see when you look at the item you're embroidering is this: You need # of stitches in silver, you need # of stitches in brick red, you need # of stitches in dark grey, etc until the whole pattern is laid out.

As you stitch in the color you're using you would see You need #-n of stitches in silver, etc.

When the embroidery is complete you see: Six towers on a field of stars encircle the three Elanthian moons.

And account LEGERES: good idea too!

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen