Basic 01/21/2008 05:45 PM CST
Just wondering if players who train artistry are going to be able to create designs on weapons and armor as well. Add that finishing touch to an item that is just missing that special marking. This would work for almost all items in the realms I would imagin, something metal would be ingraved painted or dyed, something leather or cloth could be painted dyed or embroidered. And if this is a route that artistry will take what is going to limit what can be put on items? Perhaps we could also see seasonal designs being learned as well, falling leaves for the fall, snowflakes for the winter, flowers for spring and a sun for summer? Perhaps guild specific designs as well. Just throwing this out as a thought.

Ruiner

When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown, The dream is gone.
Re: Basic 01/21/2008 06:07 PM CST
<<Just wondering if players who train artistry are going to be able to create designs on weapons and armor as well.>>

That's the plan.

-Ssra

"Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."
Re: Basic 01/21/2008 06:12 PM CST
For the record I really like the system they have set up for the tailoring shop in Rossman's. I hope we'll have a system similar to that for embellishment, just with a LOT more options available to us.

Rev. Reene

The silence weaves a tapestry of once enchanted themes,
The shadows listen carefully and question what it means;
For stories have lives of their own,
But what good's a story whose end is unknown?
Re: Basic 01/22/2008 06:07 AM CST
Something like that could be rad, telling us what we can do to an item...if we can do anything at all to it.

>glance
You see a short sword in your right hand and a set of metalworkers tools in your left

>study my sword
A short sword is an average blade, with hard work you beleive you could use your artistry skill on the blade, cossguard, hilt, or pommel.

Alexii points at the Velakan Slaver and shouts, "Another one! Don't let him get away!"
~
Walk with the Wayward Rakash: http://www.geocities.com/alexii_dr
Re: Basic 01/22/2008 07:58 AM CST
Pardon me while I drool!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy