Makeing Wine 01/18/2008 11:45 AM CST
Okay for 52 years this idea has been a good one to me. The art of makeing wine. Forage grapes, cask them, mix them, prepare them. purchase a bottle and put a label by the crafter upon it (Teamaries Reserve), properties for the wine could even be a vitality boost or a courage type bonus depending on the skill of the winemaker. Think of it as liquid CJ's? Or a type of drought that we already have in game that restores mana?
I've wished for this ability to come to the bard guild. This may just be the chance for it. Could even put a 'Wine cellar' complete with casks for ageing the grapes in a ...dark... perhaps dangerous place, makeing the success of the finished product even that much more special.
There are two hundred variations of this floating in my mind.
Would create a market I think for the purchasing of this alot like any other bonus item.

Tea
Re: Makeing Wine 01/18/2008 11:48 AM CST
Good idear. Since vintners would want unique descriptions for their creations, could be a neat LTB/alteration option for bards.

:oP Ragran
Re: Makeing Wine 01/18/2008 05:10 PM CST
Great idea, T! We already have an assortment of berries and catalysts. And other stuff. It's just a matter of figuring out how to make it work.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Makeing Wine 01/18/2008 05:19 PM CST
Actually technically absinthe isn't brewed, it's distilled.
Re: Makeing Wine 01/18/2008 06:17 PM CST
>>Actually technically absinthe isn't brewed, it's distilled.

Touche.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Makeing Wine 01/18/2008 06:19 PM CST
There might be an art to vinting, but its still a form of cooking, which is in turn a form of Alchemy.

And I hope it comes soon! Especially if it allows for Mash drinks. Cebi root mash drink could be interesting.

>>--Shnurui>
Re: Makeing Wine 02/11/2008 08:50 PM CST
Sorry a a little late on the uptake, but this would point towards alchemy and is something that has been talked about to great length.

Many of us like the ideal. So.. just have to see where time takes us.

Regards,

GameMaster Rhazah

Alchemy, substances, food, drink, and other creation systems.