Item dyeing updates 02/03/2019 11:19 AM CST
Hi everyone, I just released a few small tweaks to the dyeing system into prime and plat. Fallen will follow in just a day or two.

* Many un-altered weapons, and a few un-altered armors, are now dye-able in a dye tub. In most cases this will be play and find out to see what can be done. One notable example is nightmare black leathers can be dyed. Once dyed, these items are considered altered and cannot be dyed again. Choose carefully!
* You should now be able dye and re-dye crafted items. If a crafted item doesn't want to dye, use a cleaning cloth to set it to appearance "1 - a crafted thing" and try to put it in the tub again.
* When crafted runestones are available through Enchanting, they will be able to be dyed once only. Non-crafted runestones sold in the game today cannot be dyed.

If you run into any situations where a dyed item looks strange after dyeing, please BUG the item.

- Ynami
Re: Item dyeing updates 02/03/2019 02:06 PM CST
Wonderful, thank you! Any chance you could release some more dye cases? These have become quite rare and I'm not sure they should be.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: Item dyeing updates 02/03/2019 03:55 PM CST
i think it would be good to add dye tubs to carving and shaping, so crafters can make them out of wood or stone.
Re: Item dyeing updates 02/03/2019 07:53 PM CST
>>i think it would be good to add dye tubs to carving and shaping, so crafters can make them out of wood or stone.<<

I second this.

We cling to our own point of view, as though everything depended on it. Yet our opinions have no permanence; like autumn and winter, they gradually pass away.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/autumn
Re: Item dyeing updates 02/03/2019 08:39 PM CST
Dye cases too! Or sell them somewhere, I don't care! I just want some. :)

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: Item dyeing updates 02/04/2019 04:07 PM CST
If we're pushing for dye suggestions, stacking past 100 would be amazing, as would being able to BREAK dye stacks up. I'd love to have less stacks of 60-90 doses of a particular color dye.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Item dyeing updates 02/06/2019 02:51 AM CST
>>If we're pushing for dye suggestions, stacking past 100 would be amazing, as would being able to BREAK dye stacks up. I'd love to have less stacks of 60-90 doses of a particular color dye.

It's a new GM, I was going for one ask at a time! But yes, this 100%. Dyes are impossible to combine and break neatly right now.

- Navesi

Re: Item dyeing updates 02/06/2019 10:48 AM CST
>>It's a new GM, I was going for one ask at a time! But yes, this 100%. Dyes are impossible to combine and break neatly right now.

I also love that so many MT events use dyes as fun random drops, and I feel a bit like a jerk if I ditch dyes just because I already have a stack or two of blue. There's no good way to store high volumes of the stuff. (TBH I wish they just divided all the non-rare dyes by 10 and treated the current 10 dose dye as a 1 dose dye in the imaginary "updated" system, at least that'll further delay having too much of the stuff).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Item dyeing updates 02/11/2019 03:47 AM CST
Including dye cases, that can hold up to an amount of each dye would be nice. At the very least, stacking (combining/breaking) is always nice to have. Especially if it'll bring down the item count. Having to store multiple dyes means needing more space. It's hard to hold too many dyes, unless you spend a bit of money.