Appraisal skill and armor 03/31/2016 03:11 PM CDT
Is it possible to remove armor skill from appraisals for armor durability?

It's so weird that I can get certains on everything BUT armor durability when it comes to plate armor, and I'm pretty sure it is because my character doesn't have the token 100 or whatever ranks for it.

This [thankfully!] doesn't happen with weapons. It seems to only matter for armor durability. I'm not sure why you need armor skill to appraise armor durability, but it's really annoying.

I wouldn't be against armor (or weapon) skill improving your ability to appraise an armor (or weapon!) of that type, but it's just so weird to require me to train plate to appraise plate durability.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Appraisal skill and armor 03/31/2016 03:44 PM CDT
>>Teveshszat: It's so weird that I can get certains on everything BUT armor durability when it comes to plate armor, and I'm pretty sure it is because my character doesn't have the token 100 or whatever ranks for it.

When I posted about this problem in May 2011, Kodius said that he would look into it when he got a chance (possibly while working on the updated durability scale). However, it seems to have been overlooked.

Back then, I noted that at 479 ranks in appraisal and 67 in the armor, I was getting certain appraisals for every stat but construction. I started reliably getting certain construction appraisals at around 100 ranks in the armor.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

sortable list of all Trader-owned shops and inventory: http://www.elanthia.org/TraderShops/

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: Appraisal skill and armor 03/31/2016 04:05 PM CDT
I figured I wouldn't have been the first to notice/complain, but I don't mind being the one to bump the issue again, hah.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.