Random Acts of Weapon Experience - appraise focus side effect? 02/18/2016 05:18 PM CST
I've just come back from some time away, and have been experimenting a bit with appraise focus. Last night I did this with my parry stick, and then this morning I noticed something odd.

This is with my empath, working on various things while parrying with a small edge.

Small Edged: 145 25% perusing (2/34)
Small Blunt: 134 00% dabbling (1/34)
Large Blunt: 57 07% dabbling (1/34)
Staves: 30 19% dabbling (1/34)
Brawling: 64 33% dabbling (1/34)

Perhaps this is due to something else, but since I had done that last night makes me suspect a connection. The staves, large blunt and small blunt are to me completely inexplicable. I don't even have an item of that type with me. Perhaps the brawling could come from the parry stick itself, but I think it looks like I'm getting other weapon skill pulses from... somewhere.

This is odd.
Re: Random Acts of Weapon Experience - appraise focus side effect? 02/18/2016 07:18 PM CST
What are you hunting?
Re: Random Acts of Weapon Experience - appraise focus side effect? 02/19/2016 05:46 AM CST
Clouded Arzumos. Which I'm now thinking has more to do with this than the appraisal.

The appraise focus bonus is long gone, but I'm able to again get odd bits of weapon skills with the arzumos, and I've confirmed that the red leucros do not do this.

I think I'm going to do a bug on it in there.
Re: Random Acts of Weapon Experience - appraise focus side effect? 02/19/2016 09:42 AM CST
>>Clouded Arzumos.

That's what I figured. Their special attacks will teach random weapon skills.