Appraise Focus then logging out 03/12/2015 02:56 AM CDT
You have auto drain when not logged in, right?

What if I just finished an Appraise Focus for a skill and then log out?

Does it still treat that skill to a drain bonus or does it default back to the drain of other skills?
Re: Appraise Focus then logging out 03/12/2015 10:17 AM CDT
>Does it still treat that skill to a drain bonus or does it default back to the drain of other skills?

Based on it's behavior with RPAs, it drops back to standard drain.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Appraise Focus then logging out 03/12/2015 02:40 PM CDT
If that is the case, then does the 'focus bonus' then return upon log in or is it lost?

Let's say I just finished a focus. I lose internet connection. I then log back in 10 minutes later. Do I lose it for good or will it return back?
Re: Appraise Focus then logging out 03/12/2015 03:20 PM CDT
> Let's say I just finished a focus. I lose internet connection. I then log back in 10 minutes later. Do I lose it for good or will it return back?

The focus bonus duration only runs down while you're logged in. If you log out for a bit and then come back, you'll still have however much time remaining. It's like a spell duration that way.

It's just that there's a special exemption where it doesn't apply to log-on drain.
Re: Appraise Focus then logging out 03/12/2015 08:56 PM CDT
Also, to reply to an earlier question, login drain has no impact on the appraise focus bonus. And yes, logging out and in shouldn't change how your focus project works for you.

ASGM Ricinus
Core, Logistics, Survival
Cleric Advocate
Re: Appraise Focus then logging out 03/12/2015 09:38 PM CDT
I've been meaning to ask,

For appraise focus (and RPAs, I suppose) should I get the experience then focus for the drain, or do i focus then train the experience for magic bits of bonus goodness? I seem to recall it being the latter, just second guessing myself.
Re: Appraise Focus then logging out 03/12/2015 09:50 PM CDT
It probably doesn't matter so long as you have some sort of field exp for the duration of the bonus time. I wouldn't do an appraise focus with no field exp, then casually stroll around shopping. But, if you finish the focus research then immediately start training skills, the end result will be the same as starting a focus research with a full mind.

ASGM Ricinus
Core, Logistics, Survival
Cleric Advocate
Re: Appraise Focus then logging out 03/13/2015 01:47 AM CDT
> But, if you finish the focus research then immediately start training skills, the end result will be the same as starting a focus research with a full mind.

Keep in mind that appraise focus has a secondary benefit: for the first 20 minutes of a focus, training the focused skill also trains appraisal. So that's a reason to focus and then train.