custom-made tagging 11/25/2014 12:31 PM CST
This might be totally out of the realm of possible, but as I was cleaning out bags of old stuff-n-junk today, I came across some stuff that I was pretty sure I had altered years ago, but I wasn't 100% sure.

I know that anything that is altered now gets that nifty "custom-made" line on an item appraisal. It would be neat if when you appraised something that was altered that didn't yet have the custom-made line, if it automatically updated it as such.

I guess I was thinking a little about how now when you read a spell scroll, it will automatically add a LOOK to it with the spell that is contained. While I can't know for sure how things work behind the curtain, if even the oldest of alterations had some sort of tag that indicated someone, somewhere, at some time did some work on an item, maybe that could then toggle ON the custom-made line.

While it isn't a huge deal, I think this might be a nice quality of life thing...:)

~~Kythryn~~
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
Re: custom-made tagging 11/25/2014 01:46 PM CST
>>I know that anything that is altered now gets that nifty "custom-made" line on an item appraisal. It would be neat if when you appraised something that was altered that didn't yet have the custom-made line, if it automatically updated it as such.

I've noticed that some items I had pre-that tag being released also having it included.

But depending on how GMs altered things forever ago, they might not necessarily come with the kind of tag that identifies it as custom-made, and I'm at a loss over how an item would be able to self-identify as altered without that tag to begin with.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: custom-made tagging 11/26/2014 04:25 AM CST
If you notice this on old items, you can always hold it in your right hand and submit a BUG report about it. A GM may update the item to include the tag. Also GM Evike's suggested hitting up merchants if they have time.

>>This isn't something older items are going to have. Please don't assist to get this added to your items. You may however see if an alterer you're seeing can add it to one or two items for you (please don't try to get them to change your entire inventory in one sitting). All NEW ITEMS (especially from now on) should have this.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: custom-made tagging 11/28/2014 06:48 PM CST
I would advise against BUGing your inventory to get us to fix your items. It is extremely important for the BUG system to handle only bugs and not player requests. Thank you.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes