Some Thoughts on AL 11/23/2009 12:06 PM CST
Just my thoughts on making AL useful (at least for the non-ranger):

1. Learning AL from appraisal.

2. The ability to "call" animals to your area. At certain levels, you can call more "mobs" to the place where you are hunting.

3. The ability to sense who owns or controls an animal. May need some magic mixed into the check for familiars.

4. AL having a direct impact on fishing. In short, the more AL you know the higher chance of catching a fish and larger fish.

Those are my thoughts. Sorry if they have previously been posted.

Madigan

"le rage du paladine" Korsik
Re: Some Thoughts on AL 11/23/2009 02:12 PM CST
>2. The ability to "call" animals to your area. At certain levels, you can call more "mobs" to the place where you are hunting.

The inverse would be awesome as well. Set up traps in the area to slow spawn/ create a 'safe' room. DR needs spawn control :(

"...I am inclined to think the focus of the [Warmage's] spellbook should be ways to make things explode, to help you make things explode, or to assist your victim in exploding." -Armifer
Re: Some Thoughts on AL 11/23/2009 06:57 PM CST
<<The inverse would be awesome as well. Set up traps in the area to slow spawn/ create a 'safe' room. DR needs spawn control :(

/checkin reroll confirm
/wave silvyrfrost OR /wave verika
/join
/join

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: Some Thoughts on AL 11/23/2009 08:23 PM CST
>Learning AL from appraisal.

I don't like this idea, because I think that everyone would just end up with freebie ranks in the skill. I think that the things that teach AL need an uptweak though, especially fishing. That... and an actual use for the skill.

One issue is that you don't really interact with animals in DR except to kill them. It would be cool if you could "convince" certain animals not to attack you with the animal lore skill. And I've always liked the proposal of calling dolphins to help drag you across the ocean, but that might be a ranger-only thing.