Learning animal lore 02/27/2009 04:01 PM CST
Is there any chance that there will be compendiums for animal lore? Couldn't there be charts describing the different critters in the realms? Something that shows their habits, habitats, and anatomy?

Mujaki Paladin of the people.
Re: Learning animal lore 02/27/2009 04:11 PM CST
How about just adding a small animal lore learning rate to anatomy pages of critters? And perhaps expand the number of anatomy charts to include more creatures.

~ Terra
Re: Learning animal lore 02/27/2009 04:23 PM CST
>How about just adding a small animal lore learning rate to anatomy pages of critters? And perhaps expand the number of anatomy charts to include more creatures.

Yes please, especially higher level ones.
Re: Learning animal lore 02/27/2009 06:17 PM CST
That gap between gidii and lach is brutal.

Aveda's Field Guide- http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com
Re: Learning animal lore 02/27/2009 07:07 PM CST
>That gap between gidii and lach is brutal.

Agreed. I imagine at least a few in between and then hopefully some added after laches.
Re: Learning animal lore 02/27/2009 07:28 PM CST
<<hopefully some added after laches. >>

Re: Learning animal lore 02/28/2009 06:36 AM CST
Threw this suggestion in on the other thread on AL compendiums...

How about adding the ability to STUDY critters in the field?

This could teach AL, Scholarship and a little FA (if they are wounded) or Thanatology (if they are dead and you are a necro)?

Have the system work like a compendium with RT and progression. Have it based on relative critter level vs. scholarship and AL. That way all critters will just work with the system.

Phase 2 could be to add more detailed information about the critter when you study them, but for now having a better way to learn AL would be great.

-pete
Re: Learning animal lore 02/28/2009 03:08 PM CST
>but for now having a better way to learn AL would be great.

<sarcastically> yes please because animal lore is such a useful skill.

all kidding aside i do agree with you. would be nice to learn animal lore in more/better ways despite the relative uselessness of the skill. and on that note...could we get a use for the skill?

~Artilius
Re: Learning animal lore 02/28/2009 03:47 PM CST
Yea, I'd like a useful way. I'd rather not every skill in DR get a book/paper thing that you can look at and mind lock. Learning by doing should (I hope) always remain the best way to learn something.

Jalika

Moving carefully, you slip your hand into Ragran's pockets and carefully grab a platinum.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Re: Learning animal lore 02/28/2009 04:08 PM CST
Well doing this is probably easier than fixing companions.

-pete