Horse wrangling suggestion. 07/17/2012 03:54 PM CDT
I know with 3.0 in the works, it's very unlikely that horses will even be looked at right now, but I thought it couldn't hurt to post about it in case someone ever does pick it up.

My main character is a Kaldar. It's a huge heartbreak that I'm unable to wrangle horses that I'd be able to ride. I don't fully understand why horses over 16 hands aren't part of the wrangling system, when they are purchasable in corrals.

At the same time, realistically an 18 hand horse would be on the small side for a Kaldar. I'd love to see the rare large race-friendly horse pop up, 22-24 hands. Maybe even if it's super rare, it'd be nice to know it's in the system.

I think the wrangling system is a fun toy, but one that ultimately isn't very enticing for my character, seeing as I can't catch a horse I can ride.

It would also be cool to have other places to wrangle them, aside from the one very specific area.
Re: Horse wrangling suggestion. 07/17/2012 04:47 PM CDT
Yeah. I've also really liked the wrangling system, I remember when I got my first horse and could hardly do anything with it because Alexii is a Rakash and just so happened to be in moonskin when I decided to do it. Heh. Had to find a buddy to teach it the ANIMAL class real quick before I could do much. After that I bought an Akhaal and years later got the chance at my current hose, a Kirmalia.

A few people have asked for some more horse locations throughout the years, but there really has been nothing to rationalize it other than desire. However, it could be really neat. Each zone could really have some sort of 'type' of horse available to only that area. Even if the 'type' only means that it can have such and such mark, or be such and such hands high.

As it stands right now, all the other breeds of horses beyond the standard are tightly controlled and only a select amount have been put into PC hands.

FWIW, I don't think there is anything over 18hh right now. The so-called 'Gorbesh horse', the Kirmalia, that I have is only 18hh.

System Announcement: The Night Sun has been snuffed. It's dark again. Now the scary stuff comes out.
Re: Horse wrangling suggestion. 07/17/2012 06:23 PM CDT
I'm assuming that's because the system only allowed for 18 hands when it was made. I'm sure it's an easy fix.

Also, I might have to come rough you up and steal your horse. I'd love a Kirmalia.
Re: Horse wrangling suggestion. 07/17/2012 10:02 PM CDT
>>Also, I might have to come rough you up and steal your horse.

Bah! :( Everyone wants my horse.

No, but seriously Ishtavan needs to come back... somehow.

System Announcement: The Night Sun has been snuffed. It's dark again. Now the scary stuff comes out.