horses and animal lore 09/24/2011 04:51 AM CDT
Why is it that grooming and caring for a horse doesn't teach animal lore? That just seems logical. Everytime a trader feeds its pack animal or caravan, they gain animal lore. Why don't horse owners get the same benefit? Seems a little off to me. Wish you would consider it. Players have horses because they love the beasts, not to mention, grooming is time consuming, and a benefit for the effort would be nice.

Eriniel
Re: horses and animal lore 09/24/2011 06:19 AM CDT
i believe this is one of the skills that are going to be combined. so therefore there will be no more animal lore, the actions that taught it before might be going into outdoorsmanship?

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls
Re: horses and animal lore 09/24/2011 03:11 PM CDT

FWIW I've always thought grooming and caring for a horse should teach the animal lore skill also.
Aluriaz
Re: horses and animal lore 09/27/2011 11:12 AM CDT
> Everytime a trader feeds its pack animal or caravan, they gain animal lore. Why don't horse owners get the same benefit? Seems a little off to me. Wish you would consider it. Players have horses because they love the beasts, not to mention, grooming is time consuming, and a benefit for the effort would be nice.

a trader can learn animal lore only once every 20 minutes or so for feeding the caravan

and then you learn about 0.00015 bits of exp per feed per 20 minutes (maybe its an hour i dont know)

if you wanna talk about someone learning animal lore talk to thoes rangers that spam feeding or bringing out a fam or wahtever
Re: horses and animal lore 12/26/2011 09:35 PM CST
> Everytime a trader feeds its pack animal or caravan, they gain animal lore. Why don't horse owners get the same benefit? Seems a little off to me. Wish you would consider it. Players have horses >because they love the beasts, not to mention, grooming is time consuming, and a benefit for the effort would be nice.

>a trader can learn animal lore only once every 20 minutes or so for feeding the caravan and then you learn about 0.00015 bits of exp per feed per 20 minutes (maybe its an hour i dont know)

>if you wanna talk about someone learning animal lore talk to thoes rangers that spam feeding or bringing out a fam or wahtever

Yeah, only problem was that a ranger required the ability to learn the skill and not just at very small rates to be able to catch horses, get the next better companion and so on. So we had to have a way to learn it. Thus was born the spam the feeding of the companion. I too think we should have been able to learn AL from grooming horses. On the other side of the coin you can still learn AL from fishing. Provided you can bait the hook and of course catch the fish, but it does teach somewhat better than feeding caravans for traders.

Ranger PFanston and his soggy puppy