The Tale of the Centipede and the Wasp (10/16) 10/11/2019 01:19 AM CDT
Over the course of several days, a modest number of crisp parchment handbills were discovered diligently tacked to the walls of guilds, inns, and other establishments around mainland Kermoria. Citizens and adventurers of all stripes came upon these notices, and as they read, their reactions were as varied as they. Eyes narrowed, brows furrowed, mouths creased in pensive expressions. A variety of heads tilted in confusion, nodded with slight approval, or were thrust to the side in disgust. Arms crossed and were laid akimbo in postures of denunciation. Small, thoughtful noises could be heard alongside scoffs of derision. Couples and small groups walked away from these parchments, whispering conspiratorially, arguing among themselves, or sharing knowing glances. But amidst every conversation, speculation, and indictment of character, one spoken name held constant:

"Osven."

The tall S'Kra Mur stood in the mouth of the cavern, silhouetted by the harsh sun at her back. Though she bore no weapon, her stance spoke of barely restrained hostility. Through one baleful eye, she glared at the shadowed figure concealed within the darkness ahead.

"Be on your best behavior, Necromancer," the S'Kra Mur growled in a voice like low thunder. "Although it makes my gorge rise to think of our town hall rife with the fetor of the profane, I am not to bring any harm upon you while the meeting is in progress. But, I assure you, at the first hint of aggression or dissent, I will act."

A brief moment of silence followed. The S'Kra Mur spoke again, with brusque authority. "I am understood?"

The shadowed figure responded automatically. "Oh, you needn't worry about anything untoward from me, Whiteburn. I'm able to freely walk the streets of any city in Kermoria exactly because I know how to be on my best behavior."

The S'Kra Mur whipped her tail in one sharp motion, clearly displeased.

"... impudence and magics can only mask your impure stench for so long. Pride comes before a fall."

The curt exchange continued only for a couple roisean, both individuals eyeing one another with suspicion. And then, with the utterance of what might have been either a prayer or a curse, the S'Kra Mur turned on her heel and marched away. Unimpeded daylight streamed into the cave's entrance - revealing nothing, for the figure had vanished.

EVENT INFORMATION:
When: Wed, October 16, 8pm – 9pm EST
Where: The Crossing Meeting Hall, Blue Meeting Room
Description:

Through the monumental efforts of the people of Kermoria, the demon Maelshyve, once known as the Nameless Evil of the Zaulfung, has been vanquished. Though many courageous Elanthians took part in this battle, many others have yet to hear the tale in full. Join the Anduwen Watch for an anlas of remembrance. Included in the proceedings will be a brief memorial service for the Philosopher known as Osven - for in spite of his blasphemous nature and apocryphal methodology, his actions shook the foundations of what we know about planar theory and his discoveries led to the downfall of one of our Plane of Abiding's most treacherous foes. There will also be time for attendants to share their own memories about this momentous experience. Additional topics, time allowing, will include future plans for the restoration of the Zaulfung.

All allies during the battle against Maelshyve are invited. Due to the unusual circumstances surrounding this singularly momentous event in Elanthian history, Philosophers who played a key role may be permitted to attend as a courtesy, with the understanding that their presence is to be tolerated within the city limits only so long as the meeting is in progress and if they comport themselves in accordance with the law. For those Philosophers considering attendance, please also understand that, as Necromancy is a crime, the Anduwen Watch will not step in to interdict your incarceration by the guards or death by the Hounds, should they have reason to confront you with such measures.

[IMPORTANT NOTE: Standard JUSTICE mechanics will apply for this event.]