Ink-covered voucher 02/14/2017 11:25 AM CST
I got a tattoo voucher from Su Helmas. I emailed GM Karina about it like the voucher said, but haven't received any responses since the 3rd. I just wanted to see if the GM is taking a hiatus, and if another GM could take it over if so.
Re: Ink-covered voucher 02/14/2017 01:17 PM CST
Vouchers can take a while. Voyle got one at Hollow Eve that I've emailed several times about and not heard anything. GMs have a lot on their plate these days.

Just backburner it and get on with enjoying the experience.
Re: Ink-covered voucher 02/14/2017 01:29 PM CST
Are you sure your voucher didn't expire? They do that. At least the ink-covered ones do.
Re: Ink-covered voucher 02/14/2017 02:04 PM CST
As mentioned, vouchers do move slowly. I would give it a couple weeks and then resend if no response.

It's also been suggested before to copy DR-EVENTS@play.net on any voucher redemption email in addition to the email on the voucher. When I've done this before, someone reached out to me to say the person handling the voucher was on an unexpected leave and it would be handled on their return. Knowing it was at least in the queue was comforting.
Re: Ink-covered voucher 02/14/2017 02:17 PM CST
>I got a tattoo voucher from Su Helmas.

If Im reading what you said correctly, you've not heard from Kaarina since the third. That's not quite two weeks, and she knows that you have a voucher. It wont expire now. My guess would be that you are waiting for her to not be so super busy or for you both to be online at the same time. That's how it was with Taisdon Safari alterations and feature alterations. Everyone gets super excited over their new shiny things and time seems to crawl. But it isnt so long! And soon the time will seem nothing at all when you are looking obsessively at the wall of text you've tattoo'd on your back! Hang in there Scooter! You got this. (Also lucky you to get to work with Kaarina. She is the nicest thing ever! If she had taken a hiatus you'd surely have heard the sob around Elanthia)
Re: Ink-covered voucher 02/14/2017 02:18 PM CST
>>Are you sure your voucher didn't expire? They do that. At least the ink-covered ones do.

Vouchers expire in-game but as long as you contact the point-person about redeeming them before that date, you don't "lose" your chance to redeem it.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Ink-covered voucher 02/14/2017 02:44 PM CST
It's good to know that the expiration date doesn't matter too much. I'm used to waiting a while for LTB alteration scrolls to be completed, but I don't have much experience with vouchers. I cam back from a recent break from the game with an expired Ezzaru voucher, and it made me sad. I wish I could even remember where I got the thing; I was gone for quite a while.
Re: Ink-covered voucher 02/14/2017 02:45 PM CST
Ive been in contact with Kaarina thru emails for my Voucher.

>> I've had to work every day for the past two weeks. I will get to your tattoo as soon as possible. I'm very sorry for the delay. (From e-mail)

So I recommend patience, which is a hard thing to do I know. fyi - Mine hasn't been done yet (In game) but design with Kaarina has been done.
Re: Ink-covered voucher 02/14/2017 02:53 PM CST
If it's a voucher for the merchant Inky, I can honestly say that was hands down the coolest experience I've ever had with a merchant. It was very personal, all IC, and was very much about my character. Bravo to whatever gm plays him, and I hope that's the vouchers that these folks have.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Ink-covered voucher 02/14/2017 05:13 PM CST
I spoke with GM Kaarina. She's still working on all the vouchers from Su Helmas, and we appreciate everyone's patience for waiting a little longer to get these completed.

In the mean time enjoy one of my favorite videos with high-speed footage of what happens when one gets a tattoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxLoycj4pJY&ab_channel=SmarterEveryDay

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Re: Ink-covered voucher 02/14/2017 09:19 PM CST
Ya, called it a 'tattoo gun' once and my artist was grumpy for the next two hours. He used a coil type.

His response is interesting.
Re: Ink-covered voucher 02/15/2017 11:48 AM CST
I do have your vouchers on my radar, promise.

I got a new job but had to give the old one a bit more than two weeks due to scheduling. So right now I'm working 7 days a week. Plus normal family stuff is still a thing. And sleep on occasion.

I will get to people as soon as I can and I'm very sorry for the delays.

~FGM Kaarina~
Wedding Lead

https://sites.google.com/site/dragonrealmsweddings/Home
Re: Ink-covered voucher 02/15/2017 02:06 PM CST

Thanks for the update. It's sometimes difficult on our end to remember that you're real people and that you don't have the same magical powers in real life that you do in Elanthia. I''m sure our tattoos will look that much better with increased anticipation. Thank you!
Re: Ink-covered voucher 02/15/2017 07:06 PM CST
It's cool, take whatever time you need. That's a lot to juggle!
Re: Ink-covered voucher 02/15/2017 10:21 PM CST
I lov that caidie assumes he's getting a tramp stamp.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Ink-covered voucher 02/21/2017 07:42 PM CST

She is working on them. I did manage to get mine done on Sunday. So patience works.

Very nice work.
Re: Ink-covered voucher 03/08/2017 12:43 PM CST

Just wanted to politely nudge this a bit. I'm still waiting on my voucher, and am a little concerned as I've not heard anything from a GM in over a month. I don't mind the wait so much, but an update as to the delay would be much appreciated, if only to let me know that things will move along as the GMs are able to move them.

Thanks!

Azante
Re: Ink-covered voucher 03/08/2017 01:05 PM CST

My guess is you are suffering from the perfect storm of that GM being extremely busy at the moment, and your times not matching up with the time they have available. I am sure you haven't been forgotten about, and they will get to you as soon as they can. That said I'm sure SBM Helje will make sure a nudge gets sent along.
Re: Ink-covered voucher 03/08/2017 01:41 PM CST

<My guess is you are suffering from the perfect storm of that GM being extremely busy at the moment, and your times not matching up with the time they have available. I am sure you haven't been forgotten about, and they will get to you as soon as they can. That said I'm sure SBM Helje will make sure a nudge gets sent along.

That's what I figure also, but a nudge doesn't hurt.
Re: Ink-covered voucher 03/08/2017 04:21 PM CST
Nudging on the boards doesn't hurt, but I'd shoot an email over to the GM referenced in the voucher itself plus the general events email.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Ink-covered voucher 03/08/2017 04:32 PM CST

<Nudging on the boards doesn't hurt, but I'd shoot an email over to the GM referenced in the voucher itself plus the general events email.

Yep, thanks, I did that as well.
Re: Ink-covered voucher 03/09/2017 09:19 PM CST
I talked with team GM, they're still working on them. They told me that they e-mailed people who still have ongoing vouchers, saying that they'll be looking for people the weekend after next (in case you didn't get the e-mail).

We appreciate you bearing with us.

Thanks,
Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Re: Ink-covered voucher 03/09/2017 11:38 PM CST

I got the email, thanks so much, Helje.