Assassination game 04/06/2012 01:03 PM CDT
I had a few ideas for the assassin's game.

Add scaled NPC's to it.

assassin request npc

You tap your assassin's amulet and hear a voice in your head, "Bring me the head of Keyser Soze."

assass investigate keyser soze

You tap your assassin's amulet with Keyser Soze firmly in your mind and hear a voice in your head, "Our last reports show him in the Throne City area. Be warned, we've sent another assassin after him 15 rois ago. Kill each other for all I care but Keyser Soze must die to receive your payment."

(Other assassin gets a warning message.) The amulet at your neck suddens blots out all thought as a voice invades your head, "You've got some competetion on your latest contract, kill each other for all I care but Keyser Soze must die for you to receive your payment."

Throne City
You see George Stephanopolis advancing on Keyser Soze.

Stephanopolis lands a devastating strike to Keyser Soze's economy. Keyser Soze fires wildly with his uzi but falls to the ground dead before hitting anyone.

You see Stephanopolis take an ear from Keyser Soze.

You snipe George Stephanopolis landing a demolishing hit to his big toe.

search assass stephanopolis

You search among Stephanopolis' garbage and find Keyser Soze's ear.

You make like the french and skeedaddle, running all the way back to crossing to turn in Keyser Soze's ear.

The spread of skill ranks precludes a ton of PCs from being assigned as targets and killing or being killed by the same 1-3 people or not getting targets at all is a waste of a great concept.

This might encourage more people to join and stay joined as well. Add a 1-3 hour timer between npc assassination requests (1-3 hours of actively being in the game) to reduce killing and leaving.

Add a once per contract 'shroud' for 5 seconds of anonymity starting on the first attack.

example:
look gumbi

Gumbi is sitting atop his horse Pokey in front of the Xing bank.

Rub assass amulet

Your amulet flashes with a malevolent light and you feel the assassin's shroud is ready to mask your features from your target and guards for a short period of time.

backstab gumbi

You feel your assassin's shroud flare up, covering you in smokey black swirls.

Gumbi sees:

A mysterious figure whifs it bad and falls on his face.
[You're solidly awesome.]

You stun a mysterious figure with Gumbi power.

5 seconds later...
The dark shroud covering 50cent falls away.

Gumbi smirks at 50cent.

...or

A shrouded figure kills you!

You see a shrouded figure saunter northwest.

assassin request revenge

Your amulet flashes and you hear an annoyed voice in your head, "If you can't tell me who it was, I'm not going to look it up for free."

[A shrouded figure just assassinated Gumbi! 4:20]

...and

A shrouded figure kills you!

A shrouded figure chuckles and picks up your hard-earned weapon.

Your weapon flashes with a bright light tearing away the shroud covering 50cent.

It might be too much to shroud from players but it should be an option against justice zones.

The fines eat up the entire payoff from the contract and then some when performed in a town.

This shroud would also fall away in the presence of guards (no assassin should ply his trade in front of one and expect to get away with it) but if done in a justice zone NOT in view of guards the usually cry of murderer should go up but no charge on the assassin if's he's away from the body when his shroud breaks up. (like stealing from the beggar as a thief)

You'd have to change a person's tag as well so as not to make them untargetable for 5 seconds as well.

As victim:
You see a shrouded figure snipe at you! You point at a shrouded figure.

adv figure

You begin to advance on a shrouded figure.

The shroud covering 50cent's features falls away.

You close to pole range on 50cent.

Violence ensues.

An assassin's hall or room (probably somewhere around Raven's Court) available to active assassins where you can see a ranked list of completed contracts...add some titles for numbers completed or ranking to give incentive.

tap roster

You tap an assassin's roster.

read roster

Grand Pubah --- Parov Stellar, 90 regular contracts completed (npcs), 16 advanced (PC)
Vice-Pubah --- Jeb Bush
Speakers --- Bill Cosby
--- Gumbi
--- 50cent
etc.

It'd be neat if it were rank/shroud interactive as well. If you've never been seen by a mark and don't want people to know your ranking, just rub the roster. If you've been seen but still want to hide your ranking, rub roster and those of a rank higher than you can still see you but those below can't.

As Cosby:
read roster

Grand Pubah --- Parov Stellar (who has tapped in order to be shown)
Vice-Pubah --- Unknown to those of lesser rank (has rubbed in order not to be but still visible to Stellar because he was seen once)
Speakers ---Bill Cosby (you)
--- Unknown (has rubbed and has never been seen)
--- 50cent (who has tapped)

People will find you just as tedious and boring to talk to at 1000 ranks as they did at 100.
Re: Assassination game 04/06/2012 02:54 PM CDT
That was a pretty fun read.

Maybe some of it may be developed, some day.

Re: Assassination game 04/06/2012 05:37 PM CDT
I wish more love could be paid to this system, it was sorta just thrown out with a bunch of bugs and nobody has really put any effort into developing it. I guess they are waiting to 'fix' it once 3.0 is done, just like everything else.