Bounty awards 07/29/2010 12:03 AM CDT
I've limited the number of times you can claim a bounty from a given person to once per hour. This is to prevent potential abuse.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Bounty awards 07/29/2010 12:18 AM CDT
Question:

Can you still target the same person twice in one hour and get credit for it, stat-wise but not plat-wise?

-The Not-So-Good Assassin Halfing
Re: Bounty awards 07/29/2010 12:28 AM CDT
Currently, yes. If it proves to be another avenue of abuse, I may take another look.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Bounty awards 07/29/2010 09:40 AM CDT

This just happen, and it's along those lines, so I figured I should post it.

XXXX had me as a Target, and I had XXXX as a target. I killed XXXX drug them to the cleric guild, the got raised and I did:

> assa req online

I got XXXX as a target again. I don't know whether XXXX had done the allow command or not, but I thought there was supposed to be a timer on getting someone back to back?

I told XXXX to run, and that I would give 'em a head start. It wouldn't have been very sporting to just drop 'em the minute they were up.

Just a heads up.

- The Lucky Halfing
Re: Bounty awards 07/29/2010 12:25 PM CDT
Without knowing who XXXX is, I can't give you a solid answer, but there's a few things that will enable you to be a valid target immediately after getting raised:

ASSASSIN ALLOW
ASSASSIN REQUEST

If either of those commands are used, you'll be re-enabled as an available target, since you're clearly not trying to quit (which is what that window is for).

However, you can only collect the bounty on a player once per hour, which means that if you get the kill, you won't get the monetary reward.

--

Re: Bounty awards 07/29/2010 12:28 PM CDT
Perfect.

I was under there was a timer on "re-targeting" the same person. I didn't think I could get the same person as a target over and over and over again (in a row).

I was wrong.

-The Misinformed Halfing.
Re: Bounty awards 07/29/2010 12:39 PM CDT
>>I didn't think I could get the same person as a target over and over and over again (in a row).

There's a 10 minute timer between requesting a person after abandoning. This largely comes into play when you abandon a target and then REQUEST again immediately, and he's the only one there.

--