Assassin Updates 07/28/2010 01:53 AM CDT
I've added some changes to the Assassins system:

* The game is now in-character, though surrounded with a rather thick shroud of mystery.
* Multiple assassins can now target one target. When that target is killed, all other assassins targeting that target will receive a message. Please note that this ends consent on the would*-*be victim. Be careful to pay attention!
* You can now use ASSASSIN REQUEST REVENGE - It lets you try to acquire your most recent killer as your target.
* You can also use ASSASSIN ALLOW to make yourself available as a target when you'd normally be considered safe (namely after you'd been killed).

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Assassin Updates 07/28/2010 01:57 AM CDT
Cool update but uhh... I don't wear a pendant. Maybe consider giving them out free of charge to assassins players from the person who pays out bounties, and have them be a requirement to play? Just to fit the IC idea. Otherwise it seems a bit silly to be tugging a pendant that isn't there. It also opens up a venue for personalization. It would be cool to wear personalized assassins pendants.
Re: Assassin Updates 07/28/2010 01:58 AM CDT
The rationale is that the pendant is hidden under your clothes, and is otherwise not interactable. Adding assassins-friendly gear in the future is an option but for now it's just pendants.

As a note, the actions are so subtle that others in the room don't notice them, so your pendant-wearing habits wouldn't be exposed to the public.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Assassin Updates 07/28/2010 02:12 AM CDT
Good changes.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer
Re: Assassin Updates 07/28/2010 02:47 AM CDT
Haven't played since day one. What pendant?
Re: Assassin Updates 07/28/2010 08:20 AM CDT
Yay! This is fantastic, thank you for the tweaks!

---

~Kevalia~
Re: Assassin Updates 07/28/2010 09:30 AM CDT
Screams work?!?! Ok, Edwardu is totally joining the assassin games tonight. I ain't leaving Aesry though, come get some. :P

Socharis thank you for this awesome system and all the fast updates.

//Edwardu Underlove(d), Halfling Bard//
Re: Assassin Updates 07/28/2010 09:41 AM CDT
Nice changes Socharis, way to use that brain.
Re: Assassin Updates 07/28/2010 10:20 AM CDT
under the Assassin verb
should assassin request revenge say it's against the last to target you?
and ass investigate, shouldn't that say once per day per contract?

ASSASSIN REQUEST ONLINE - Request a new online target.
ASSASSIN REQUEST REVENGE - Request a new online target.
ASSASSIN ABANDON - Abandon your current target.
ASSASSIN ALLOW - Become a valid target if you otherwise weren't (such as after dying).
ASSASSIN INVESTIGATE [person] - Investigates whether or not a player is targeting you. Can be used once per day.

and nice additions

You can't sell the spectacular view, so why bother to appraise it?
Re: Assassin Updates 07/28/2010 12:26 PM CDT
>>shouldn't that say once per day per contract?

Yeah, probably

>>should assassin request revenge say it's against the last to target you?

Only if that's what it did, which isn't the case ;)

>>There was an IG message just before saying don't use the verb right now.

It's safe now

>>Oops?

Fixed I think

--