Messaging Bug 07/26/2010 10:11 PM CDT
Not sure if this one was reported yet.

Stormraiser's silver glow flares.
Added Assassin Effect for 1 second.
Theredon lands a very heavy hit that savages the belly to expose the intestines.
* Stormraiser is slain before your eyes!
Stormraiser's basilisk head arrow falls to the ground.

The field of silver-blue light dissipates from around Stormraiser.
The soft white glow fades from around Stormraiser.

Also, whatever caused this gave the normal struck down message and not the was assassinated! message. 11:07 PM today.
Re: Messaging Bug 07/26/2010 10:37 PM CDT
Happened again when my Assassin took me out.

Added Assassin Effect for 1 second.
* Someone snipes a basilisk head arrow at you. You barely block with a storm-bull buckler. The arrow lands an extremely heavy hit that cleaves the right arm from the shoulder.
That would have stuck if there was anything left to stick to!
The basilisk head arrow falls to the ground!
Your forester's crossbow falls to the ground.

Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

A chill takes the seat of your soul as your remaining spiritual strength bleeds away steadily. However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or reincarnation.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 77 minutes.
You don't feel particularly confident after this.
Re: Messaging Bug 07/26/2010 11:38 PM CDT
Should be fixed.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Messaging Bug 07/27/2010 12:43 AM CDT
Thanks for all the changes to times and info socharis
Whoever was my stalker never tracked me down, so I can just opt out and back in.

Judging from all the targets i was getting, and the *assassin messages, It seemed like there was about 7-13 people at most in my range at the hours I was playing and paying attention. Which isn't too bad for 37 people total online. A few times I still pulled up nobody online, but that's gotten better since the list tripled.

Each contract felt like a little event, and I had fun with each one.

Awesome stuff.

You can't sell the spectacular view, so why bother to appraise it?
Re: Messaging Bug 07/27/2010 07:54 AM CDT
Did the bow messaging get fixed?

Last night, I struck down one of my targets with a bow and got the assassinated message, I can post the details if it would be helpful to figure out what happen.

-The Halfing Quasi-Assassin