Contract... FAIL 07/25/2010 01:38 PM CDT
Ok, so someone has had a contract on me since the game first started, yet this guy has yet to even locate me or send out a few inquiries. If the target has logged 30 IG hours or so, and has yet to be killed, then you're a sucky assassin and deserve to have your contract revoked so others can get a chance.

I've racked up quite a few hits, and I think it's lame that my victims don't have a chance to return the favor. Even if the target winds up successfully evading for 30 IG hours, then you suck, and deserve to lose the contract so you can find someone a little more with your speed.

Seriously, if you haven't been able to seal the deal in that long, maybe you should try a different game like checkers.
Re: Contract... FAIL 07/25/2010 02:01 PM CDT
Heh, maybe its all part of their ploy to get you to let your guard down and then strike at the 43rd hour.
Re: Contract... FAIL 07/25/2010 02:24 PM CDT
I was jacking with some of my thief's targets... It's fun watching people get paranoid.

I like having the option to mess with their heads sending various kinds of locates and not showing up for awhile, or attacking and waiting a day or more to attack again.

Opt out when you die or keep checking to see if you were dropped. Would you be more paranoid of someone stalking you for a month or someone trying to kill you every half hour?

You can't sell the spectacular view, so why bother to appraise it?
Re: Contract... FAIL 07/25/2010 02:34 PM CDT
<<Ok, so someone has had a contract on me since the game first started, yet this guy has yet to even locate me or send out a few inquiries. If the target has logged 30 IG hours or so, and has yet to be killed, then you're a sucky assassin and deserve to have your contract revoked so others can get a chance.

If he were to do something so foolish as give me a chance to know who he is by 'messing with me' Then there wouldn't be a problem and a new character would be after me in a very short time.

Edit: Im not paranoid, Im bored. He should opt out due to his fail status.

<<Opt out when you die or keep checking to see if you were dropped. Would you be more paranoid of someone stalking you for a month or someone trying to kill you every half hour?

Seriously, the people I hit cant hit me back b/c of this guy's inability to make a move. Every half hour would at least keep me frazzled (if he's good) and force me to check the shadows in every room.
Re: Contract... FAIL 07/25/2010 02:36 PM CDT
<<Even if the target winds up successfully evading for 30 IG hours, then you suck, and deserve to lose the contract so you can find someone a little more with your speed.

Some of us really do suck. After having as my target for 5 hours, I then spent another two hours trying to find Rufhus. I located (no success as it didn't even message him), I ran around town (someone told me he was in Crossing), and I even had him run past me once. Not until he declared he was tired of his assassin not trying to catch him and that he was going back to M'Riss was I able to pinpoint his actual location. I promptly found my out there and attacked.

Some of us are just:
PvP: 1 22% clear (0/34)

Nikpack
Re: Contract... FAIL 07/25/2010 02:42 PM CDT
I don't believe the intention of the assassin game is to let you train in peace.

-Raesh
Re: Contract... FAIL 07/25/2010 02:49 PM CDT
No, it's cool to be new to PvP, you did everything right by actively searching. You didn't let it go for 3 days, right?

<<Some of us are just:
PvP: 1 22% mind lock (34/34)

Fixed that for you. Stick with it. I'm no expert too, but I'm getting better, and I don't give up. On another forum it was suggested that if you log for 2 hours, you lose your target. This makes ASSASSIN REQUEST ONLINE better for everyone IMO
Re: Contract... FAIL 07/25/2010 02:50 PM CDT
>>I don't believe the intention of the assassin game is to let you train in peace.

Sorry I deleted the post you were responding to because of my inability to proof read.

However the ASSASSIN LEAVE option is there for a reason right? At some point it was intended to allow you to leave the game and re-join later, I just wanna go train my 13th circle newb for a while so I stand a chance in this game.

~Sulakhan

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Contract... FAIL 07/25/2010 02:59 PM CDT
I always thought it was meant as a game for days not minuets. It is called assassins, not war.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Contract... FAIL 07/25/2010 03:07 PM CDT
>>I always thought it was meant as a game for days not minuets.

I can understand this, however I still think after a certain amount of time you should just fail. Maybe two days is a bit soon though.

~Sulakhan

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Contract... FAIL 07/25/2010 03:14 PM CDT
Go train... If you die odds are you'll assassin will drag you (maybe, better chance if you're not afk at least.)

You should be able to die training anyway, worst that could happen is a monster stealing your assassin's kill.

You can't sell the spectacular view, so why bother to appraise it?
Re: Contract... FAIL 07/25/2010 03:28 PM CDT
Don't get me wrong, I am training. I am open anyway so the dying doesn't really matter to me.

I am just saying it would be nice if after a few days (5-7?) of you succeeding in outrunning your assassin or whatever you should "win" and be able to leave the game.

Or, another scenario. What if the person doesn't log in that character again for a while? I just get new targets and don't have to worry about dying? Weather I know or not (and I could via a good INVESTIGATE) it would still be a sweet ride.

~Sulakhan

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Contract... FAIL 07/25/2010 04:09 PM CDT
Some sort of timer makes sense. I decided to try it out but 'm facing a completely different problem, time zone mismatch. I already dropped my target, since it wasn't really fair to him, and I'd really like to opt out of the Assassins, but can't because somebody is targetting me. He/She might find me in the next few days or so, but may not. Who knows how long one can be stuck as a target.

* Malik was just struck down!
Re: Contract... FAIL 07/25/2010 04:43 PM CDT
<<No, it's cool to be new to PvP, you did everything right by actively searching. You didn't let it go for 3 days, right?

Certainly not that long, but I was just trying to show how perceptions between the assassin and target can be very different. My target was pretty frustrated tht he had not been attacked, while I had been scrambling forever to find him. Sometimes you just have to wait.

Nikpack
Re: Contract... FAIL 07/25/2010 04:43 PM CDT
As far as training while playing, I'm kinda getting the impression that when you log in you've got a choice.. either play Assassins or play DR. That said, if you've got somebody targeting you and can't leave the game, just hunt in a sort of out of the way place and wake up when you get located. :-/

Segmere
Shadow Priest, Baron's Own Militia

"The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep." ~WC Fields