Messaging Issue 07/23/2010 11:32 PM CDT
I'm may have missed this, but I keep get robbed of my messaging.

Instead of it saying XXXXX assassinated ZZZZ they are just getting the same ol *Struck Down! message.

Is it because I am using ranged?

-The Halfing that Wants His Props.
Re: Messaging Issue 07/23/2010 11:38 PM CDT
>>Is it because I am using ranged?

Yeah, we're working on it. This is a nasty one.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Messaging Issue 07/23/2010 11:43 PM CDT
While you're digging for the bug I have a suspicion there may be something tied to justice zones. I've died from assassinations in justice zones and seen a few others do the same and melee OR ranged it never showed the person was assassinated.
_
Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: Messaging Issue 07/24/2010 12:52 AM CDT
Can we get some simple messaging when someone gets a contract on us? Right now I just assa status every few minutes, but it'd be nice to not have to bother.
Re: Messaging Issue 07/24/2010 01:49 AM CDT
>>I think the one I proposed about an on-going tournament with cash prizes would fit pretty well and seems better to the alternative of a quasi-ooc game.

It's not quasi-ooc for some of us.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Messaging Issue 07/24/2010 01:55 AM CDT
>>Can we get some simple messaging when someone gets a contract on us? Right now I just assa status every few minutes, but it'd be nice to not have to bother.

Perhaps. I don't want to take the paranoia out of it.

I'm out for the weekend, but I'll check back in when I get back, make sure nothing exploded.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Messaging Issue 07/24/2010 07:31 AM CDT
>>It's not quasi-ooc for some of us.

Are you implying it's completely OOC then? Because it's certainly not IC. In fact, Socharis was quite clear that there was no way to really integrate it into the RP atmosphere because it'd end up not fitting well at best.
Re: Messaging Issue 07/24/2010 08:37 AM CDT
>>Are you implying it's completely OOC then? Because it's certainly not IC. In fact, Socharis was quite clear that there was no way to really integrate it into the RP atmosphere because it'd end up not fitting well at best.

I don't know how to call it OOC. People are getting attacked and dying in the streets. The ASSASSIN verb seems quite OOC, but the resulting mayhem can't be ignored.
Re: Messaging Issue 07/24/2010 08:45 AM CDT
>>I don't know how to call it OOC. People are getting attacked and dying in the streets. The ASSASSIN verb seems quite OOC, but the resulting mayhem can't be ignored.

It's as OOC as tourneys and apple pie.
Re: Messaging Issue 07/24/2010 01:44 PM CDT
From your hiding place you ask, "You here to assassinate me?"
H>
Sir Robyn muses, "Ye might think I'm a wee challenged from missin' a few limbs, but me wife says I still got what counts! Ye know, heart!"
H>
<Assassin> says, "I may be. Iffin you're who I think you are."
H> "well you did come hunting me down

From your hiding place you say, "Well you did come hunting me down."
H> chuckle

You chuckle.
H>
<Assassin> says, "I dunno what you've done, but there is a bounty on your head."
H> adv mole

You begin to stealthily advance on <Assassin>.
H>
<Assassin> says, "And I intend to collect."
H>
You close to pole weapon range on <Assassin>.
H>
Vice-Commander Kalnean just arrived.
H>
Vice-Commander Kalnean goes east.
H>
Sir Robyn slumps on his halberd, nearly nodding off.
H>
You close to melee range on <Assassin>.
H> backstab <Assassin>

Your sabre is a little awkward, but usable.
You slip out of concealment and backstab <Assassin>!
< With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, you thrust a deep grey sabre with a supple leather grip at <Assassin>. <Assassin> fails to dodge, leaning wrong and blundering into the blow. The sabre lands an extremely heavy hit that punctures deeply into one side of <Assassin>'s stomach and out the other, stunning him.
[You're nimbly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
R> stalk mole

You quickly slip into hiding to prepare to stalk.
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.

You slowly work your way toward <Assassin> to follow him silently.

Roundtime: 1 sec.
HR> backstab <Assassin>

You move into position to stalk <Assassin> when he moves.
You are convinced that your stalking went unobserved.
HJ>
Your sabre is a little awkward, but usable.
You slip out of concealment and backstab <Assassin>!
< Driving in like an adept combatant, you thrust a deep grey sabre with a supple leather grip at <Assassin>. <Assassin> fails to evade, failing miserably. The sabre lands a demolishing hit that shoves the sabre clean through the mouth and out the back of the head (Say 'ah'!).
* <Assassin> is slain before your eyes!
A soft red glow appears over <Assassin>'s body.
A light silvery glow surrounds <Assassin>'s bastard sword in his hand.
A voice whispers in your ear, "The officials in City of Riverhaven have charged you with murder. We've kept things quiet, but thought you'd like to know."

An indescribable voice dripping with contempt whispers in your mind, "You're safe now, <Target>. <Assassin> had been sent to kill you, but he has clearly failed. Rest easy... For now."

[You're incredibly balanced]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
R> "good luck with that

You say, "Good luck with that."

Call it OOC call it RP everyone has an Opinion......It is what you make of it if you choose to make it RP then do so but dont knock till you try it. This was a clear attempt of the Assassins game but it was Roleplayed and it works as a RP you just have to choose to do it. The names in this post where hidden to protect the identity of the Assasin and target.
Re: Messaging Issue 07/24/2010 09:53 PM CDT
>>Call it OOC call it RP everyone has an Opinion......It is what you make of it if you choose to make it RP then do so but dont knock till you try it. This was a clear attempt of the Assassins game but it was Roleplayed and it works as a RP you just have to choose to do it. The names in this post where hidden to protect the identity of the Assasin and target.

I respect what both Vinjince and yourself are trying to do, but let us be frank: It was designed as an OOC game and not integrated into the RP atmosphere on purpose, and there's numerous reasons why it won't fit well.

If you really want me to lay out all the reasons it doesn't fit well ICly, I will. Otherwise it's probably better just to tell you to do whatever you'd like and good luck.