re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 11:17 AM CDT
lol assassins is srs bsns

BAILOUTS
From each according to his ability, to each according to his lack thereof.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 11:31 AM CDT
<<but for assassin investigate (person)- do we need to put in their full name? or will a partial work?
Looks like you need their full name.

I tried a shortened version for someone who was following me around and it messaged that the shortened name wasn't hunting me. It's possible it checked against the full name and just displayed the shortened name, but seems unlikely to me.

Tachid smugly exclaims, "Die midget!"
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 11:32 AM CDT
I'd also like to know the rules about leaving the game. Having people able to leave instantly anytime they want seems like a bad idea, but there are stretches when I might have to log out at any moment and it's probably better that I don't play during those times.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 11:39 AM CDT
Can you assassin investigate anyone online, or just people in your same room?

I'm hoping it's just people in your same room or maybe even people within your HUNT distance, otherwise I can see some knucklehead creating some genie script which goes through and assassin investingates everyone online almost instantly. I hope this is not possible.

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 11:44 AM CDT
>>otherwise I can see some knucklehead creating some genie script which goes through and assassin investingates everyone online almost instantly

>>ASSASSIN INVESTIGATE [person] - Investigates whether or not a player is targeting you. Can be used once per day.

Not sure about where they have to be, but you can only investigate one person once per day.

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 11:46 AM CDT
<<ASSASSIN INVESTIGATE [person] - Investigates whether or not a player is targeting you. Can be used once per day.
>>I'd also like to know the rules about leaving the game. Having people able to leave instantly anytime they want seems like a bad idea, but there are stretches when I might have to log out at any moment and it's probably better that I don't play during those times.

It's ok to just log out when you have to go. The game isn't designed to only be played right that instant but also over time. Hence the part of the post about not being able to drop a target until a couple of days after you were assigned and also the several hours of downtime after dropping a target.

>>>>I'm hoping it's just people in your same room or maybe even people within your HUNT distance, otherwise I can see some knucklehead creating some genie script which goes through and assassin investingates everyone online almost instantly. I hope this is not possible.

Can only investigate once per day.
<< I'd also like to know the rules about leaving the game. Having people able to leave instantly anytime they want seems like a bad idea, but there are stretches when I might have to log out at any moment and it's probably better that I don't play during those times.

You cant abandon the assassin's game if you have a target or are being targeted and you can't stop targeting someone in the first few days so i don't think there are any rules about logging off. A "hunt" can go for days and you're not expected to be online that long.

<<I'm hoping it's just people in your same room or maybe even people within your HUNT distance, otherwise I can see some knucklehead creating some genie script which goes through and assassin investingates everyone online almost instantly. I hope this is not possible.

You can only try it once per day.

This looks great, i'm currently trying to locate my target while being a target myself :D

Some suggestions:

Is it possible to give us a way to see the total stats of the game at any given time? Total assassinations, etc.

This one is a bit of a stretch but i'll suggest anyway. Changing the struck down message when someone is killed by an assassin to: So and so has just been assassinated.

Titles!
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 11:48 AM CDT
Once per day on Investigate...
I have a good idea who is after me now, still can't get a target in my range though.

It possible to get a contract on someone who has one on you?

You can't sell the spectacular view, so why bother to appraise it?
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 11:53 AM CDT
If you assassinate your target in town, is it still considered murder?
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 11:53 AM CDT
<<This one is a bit of a stretch but i'll suggest anyway. Changing the struck down message when someone is killed by an assassin to: So and so has just been assassinated.>>

That would be great.

I also dig the titles idea. Titles based on both kill and death counts.

-Mr. Glemm
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 11:55 AM CDT
<<It possible to get a contract on someone who has one on you?

Yes you can, My target is also the assassin targeting me.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 11:58 AM CDT
>>This one is a bit of a stretch but i'll suggest anyway. Changing the struck down message when someone is killed by an assassin to: So and so has just been assassinated.

This would be very cool, also something for people getting killed by their targets as well.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:00 PM CDT
Interesting I wonder if both contracts expire after the kill.
There any messaging indicating to the target that they were assassinated on request?

re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:00 PM CDT
<<The assassin is granted consent on his target for as long as it is his target. If his target kills him instead, he is no longer assigned to that target and thus no longer has consent.

My target killed me, by sleeping and alfaring me to death, however they are still listed as my target. Im guessing that the use of an alfar has something to do with this.

Regards,
Vteec
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:01 PM CDT
I am stunned, thrilled and can't believe the GMs did this. Wonderful news. A blend of TF and Prime. What really gets me the most is how fast the game got started and how quick the registration period was. Geez I haven't even had my morning cup.

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:05 PM CDT
Maybe scalp your victim upon death as proof or something.
I'd think murder charges should still apply in town.

re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:10 PM CDT
Scalping is a little much but I wouldn't see anything wrong with turning in an ear.

-Mr. Glemm
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:14 PM CDT
You have killed 0 targets.
You have been killed by 1 of your targets.
You have killed 0 assassins that were targeting you.
Somebody is targetting you.
Your target is SECRET.

I have a feeling things will need to be fixed in order to allow Empaths to partake.

My first target killed me, which is reflected in my status. However, my avenger killed the person who had me as their target and I didn't get credit/reward for that. I assume it's because the person didn't die by my hand, but by my avenger.

Are there any plans to allow Avenger kills to be put into an Empaths status?
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:20 PM CDT
>>I have a feeling things will need to be fixed in order to allow Empaths to partake.

>>My first target killed me, which is reflected in my status. However, my avenger killed the person who had me as their target and I didn't get credit/reward for that. I assume it's because the person didn't die by my hand, but by my avenger.

I was wondering about this earlier when some mean empath tried to assassinate me. Definitely need to fix it so the empaths can play also.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:20 PM CDT
The Assassins system is REALLY in registration-only mode now. I'll respond to other posts briefly, but yeah, the game wasn't supposed to be turned on.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:21 PM CDT
LOL that reminds me of that comercial in space with the guy flicking the switch on early... don't remember what it was for tho.

On a whim...: http://www.lostonawhim.com/

The Zoluren army asks, "We're um.... really sorry about the clubhouse and all... so uh... are we cool?"
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:28 PM CDT
>>If you assassinate your target in town, is it still considered murder?

You gesture at XXXX.
A brilliant beam descends from the sky and shrinks into a tiny point centered on XXXX.
The beam completely incinerates the head!
A panicked scream pierces the air. "Murderer!" You notice the nearby citizenry looking your way for the moment, before most quickly run off in fear.

An indescribable voice dripping with contempt whispers in your mind, "You're safe now, Itron.XXXX had been sent to kill you, but he has clearly failed. Rest easy... For now."

!>
The substance of XXXXX's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later he fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where his body had once lain.

If you kill in town in defense, you get charged. Pretty sure its the same if you attempt to assassinate.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:30 PM CDT
>>>The Assassins system is REALLY in registration-only mode now. I'll respond to other posts briefly, but yeah, the game wasn't supposed to be turned on.

Boooo! Can't wait for it to get turned back on then.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:38 PM CDT
<<"You're safe now, Itron.XXXX

Heh.

BAILOUTS
From each according to his ability, to each according to his lack thereof.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:42 PM CDT
>>Will the system make an effort to assign you a target geographically close?

It won't - Your target might be two provinces away.

>>I see someone's a SJG's fan.

Never heard of it/him/her.

>>can you be selected as a target if you haven't joined the game?

Nope

>>"there are no limits to what you can do while hunting a person"(to that person anyway)

Just imagine you have consent on your target ('cause you do :)). Anything you could normally do with consent on somebody, you can do while hunting them.

>>>assassins status show who's targeting you if you've successfully investigated them as targeting you?

Hmm, maybe. I kind of like the requirement that you have to be paying attention when you use the command.

>>Please to make assassin verb not have to wait for 0 RT and also not pull from hiding? Thanks!

Fixed

>>This IMO would be forcing people into situations they did not ask to be in.

Yep, that's why it's opt-in ;).

>>Or will there be some form of time limit/restriction as to how often you can join/exit the game.

To avoid abuse, there's a lot of things that will limit your ability to be a target. Being a 'weekend assassin' has the problem of creating whirlpools of pain in the choppy waters that are 'consent policy', and I have no desire to make that even more confusing.

>>are there any plans to allow requesting a specific target (skill match dependent, of course)?

Not at the moment, to prevent harassment. I might add the ability to request the last Assassins person that killed you, though. That'd be neat and would keep the innocents safe.

>>is it by circle or how is your skill measured with this?

It is based on skill. Numbers are intentionally not being given out.

>>do we need to put in their full name? or will a partial work?

This is an excellent point. You need to specify the FULL name. I'll add this to the help messaging for INVESTIGATE.

>>Will there be a post when the game leaves the registration phase

I'll post when we open it back up.

>>we will be at risk of it being taken away if we used it against our targets?

The requirement for snipe is that you must have rock-solid, demonstrable consent. Assassins gives you that :).

>>but my status did not update to reflect killing 1 of my assassins.

Must be a typo somewhere. I just checked and it has definitely been stored, just not displayed correctly.

>>you can expect to be targetted whilst hunting also?

Yes - A culture around this will evolve, but there are no rules about it.

>>I'd also like to know the rules about leaving the game.

You can leave the game if you are not targeted and do not have a target

>>Can you assassin investigate anyone online

Anybody playing. However, the 24 hour timer kind of makes it hard to figure out who's targeting you cheaply. This option should be used as a verification rather than a guess.

>>Is it possible to give us a way to see the total stats of the game at any given time? Total assassinations, etc.

Maybe. I'll think about it.

>>Changing the struck down message when someone is killed by an assassin to: So and so has just been assassinated.

Already happens

>>It possible to get a contract on someone who has one on you?

Yep, if nobody else is targeting them

>>If you assassinate your target in town, is it still considered murder?

Yep

>>Interesting I wonder if both contracts expire after the kill.

Yep

>>I have a feeling things will need to be fixed in order to allow Empaths to partake.

I need to speak with the Empath Advocate about how to proceed here. I'll get back to you.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:46 PM CDT
>If you assassinate your target in town, is it still considered murder?

Questions like this always confuse me. Why would assassination be legal? Consent != IG legality.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:47 PM CDT
Someone else already asked, but since you didn't have it on the list I can't tell if it was missed or just not answered yet...

Paladin kill/first strike penalties?
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:57 PM CDT
>>Paladin kill/first strike penalties?

Still in effect. Your IC actions still have IC consequences, like justice, dying, and other guild penalties.

--

re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:58 PM CDT
<<"You're safe now, Itron.XXXX

Even though I don't sign my posts, some people do know who I am. If you do, awesome, if you don't, meh. Not really trying to hide who I play.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 12:59 PM CDT
Please turn it back on as soon as possible.

thank you...

:)
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 01:00 PM CDT
>>Please turn it back on as soon as possible.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 01:01 PM CDT
I don't think this was already asked/answered, but if it was, sorry. I know there was mention of a downtime of a couple of hours after you abandon a target or get killed by a target before you can request a new one. Is there a similar downtime after any contract ending?

In other words, if your contract ends (either way), you can't request a new target for a time, but can you be assigned as a target right away? Or is there downtime there as well?

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 01:04 PM CDT
Yeah that I did notice after killing my assassin that I was being hunted again within just a few minutes it seemed like. Maybe should have at least a moderate interval between that and being targeted again I'd think.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 01:05 PM CDT
The first strike penalties being off during the game would be really helpful. I know there's probably not an IC justification for it, but I'd hate to see our guild get the short end of the stick on this release.

-Mr. Glemm
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 01:06 PM CDT
You're worried that paladins are at a disadvantage when it comes to contract killings?
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 01:06 PM CDT
But what righteous paladin is an assassin?
Heh.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 01:07 PM CDT
On a side note maybe paladins could have something else. Like be aware of an assassination attempt on another. And be able to intervene. Dunno...
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 01:10 PM CDT
>>In other words, if your contract ends (either way), you can't request a new target for a time, but can you be assigned as a target right away?

If you get killed by your assassin, you are un-choosable for a little bit. I've adjusted it so that if you kill your assassin, you get a similar downtime before being targeted again.

--

re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 01:10 PM CDT
>>The first strike penalties being off during the game would be really helpful. I know there's probably not an IC justification for it, but I'd hate to see our guild get the short end of the stick on this release.

I'd hate to see IG consequences for my Ranger hunting on Kresh during this game too, can Rangers get a max bonus where ever they are? Oh, and the ability to use all of our spells no matter the nature level.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer