Unlock option for auction/fest/quest weapons 11/12/2016 07:02 PM CST

I'd like to see all auction, fest, and quest weapons to have a potency crystal unlock option on them, which would allow infuser stones to be able to SHAPE them into a weight of your choice. This would change the stats of the weapon in turn, similar to the system that elemental weapons have. This would make the weapons more appealing with added flexibility for characters across the board (both low and high levels), giving another use to potency crystals, and giving infuser stones a much needed functionality buff.

Is this something that could be added?
Re: Unlock option for auction/fest/quest weapons 11/12/2016 07:31 PM CST
I think this is a really neat idea.
Re: Unlock option for auction/fest/quest weapons 11/12/2016 10:30 PM CST
I think having quest gear at [generally] 5 density is a good way to ensure that player crafters still have a purpose and value.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Unlock option for auction/fest/quest weapons 11/14/2016 12:58 AM CST

Crafting characters would still have purpose and value with the above added. If it is really concerning then limit it down to prizes from paid quests - like Duskruin, Corn maze, Beyond the Barrier, Riot quests, etc - and auction items from paid events like HE.
Re: Unlock option for auction/fest/quest weapons 11/29/2016 04:10 AM CST

I'd just like to see that older quest items can, at the very least, be potency crystal'abled to be as great as their new counterparts. The new generic slot 500 corn blessing sheath charges 3x as fast and puts 200 bless charges on a weapon, compared to the original shoulder worn backsheath that only charges up to 100.

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: Unlock option for auction/fest/quest weapons 11/29/2016 10:22 AM CST
>>I'd just like to see that older quest items can, at the very least, be potency crystal'abled to be as great as their new counterparts. The new generic slot 500 corn blessing sheath charges 3x as fast and puts 200 bless charges on a weapon, compared to the original shoulder worn backsheath that only charges up to 100.

FWIW, while I do want to see more items get this treatment, it's already kinda being done. When new items are using older scripts and there is a reason/way to incorporate potency crystals, they all seem to get the benefit. One recent example are the books people can write in, but there's also money belts, universal translators, and exo-weapons. A lot of older items with charges now take infuser stones, too. For example, the stat boosting items from Ice Festival, which took place when I was playing DR via MSN Zone, now take those stones: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Pozen_Sebel

My understanding it's a matter of finding those items and seeing if they can be tweaked/updated.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Unlock option for auction/fest/quest weapons 11/29/2016 11:14 PM CST

I did see the icy-blue blades get potency crystal retrofitted, that was pretty cool, and i had been searching to own one before it happened.

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.