Re: A Tribute to the Fists! 02/27/2018 02:06 PM CST
So, we gonna have a rememberence of Timothy & Sicle Grove? A spit on the ground for Mibgluc?

This old timer who was there for the original destruction of the area, I've got it on my calendar.
Re: A Tribute to the Fists! 02/27/2018 05:07 PM CST
>>So, we gonna have a rememberence of Timothy & Sicle Grove? A spit on the ground for Mibgluc?

Amongst other things, yes!

>>This old timer who was there for the original destruction of the area, I've got it on my calendar.

:D See you there!

-Persida
Re: A Tribute to the Fists! 02/27/2018 06:41 PM CST
<<So, we gonna have a rememberence of Timothy & Sicle Grove? A spit on the ground for Mibgluc?>>

<<Amongst other things, yes!>>

Hm, now I'm wondering whether putting in an appearance would help Timothy or damage his shattered mind even further. In any case, the event sounds interesting.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: A Tribute to the Fists! 02/27/2018 08:15 PM CST
It sounds like a trap. This is how they do a character wipe. Molten firey death for all!

I miss Timothy.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: A Tribute to the Fists! 02/27/2018 10:12 PM CST
Lambl,
I was gonna ask if Timothy would be there but then I read the info on him that occurred in my break from DR & decided against asking for him to be there.

If he is as mentally in anguish as the logs seemed to indicate I would think it counterproductive to have him there, reliving all that again would "break" him even worse IMHO.

So, if the GMs want to bring him out I would be happy, if they choose not too then I understand.

I used to go up with my main & work on sprites, she was/is a fire mage also so every death of a sprite was dedicated to Timothy, his wife Penelope & the orphanage. She also participated in the first attack on the volcano, I want to say the 2nd also, I do remember her dying while running down the volcano after one of the "attacks" (former paid events, now called MTs) that our group succeeded in.
LOL, I was cursing at my screen but oh so happy at the same time, quite a mixed feeling.

I might have to send some of my characters up there to "have a bit of fun" before the event, pending computer rebuild that I keep putting off, LOL.
Re: A Tribute to the Fists! 03/13/2018 06:31 AM CDT
Update:

* Rat Fights with Rodent Referee Ziblix have come and gone, and Chynna's triumphant plague rat is now the proud wearer of special armor to commemorate its victory!

* The alterer Elsi made an unscheduled appearance in Darkstone Inn, doing alterations both before and after the next scheduled event. Rumor has it that Elsi, a resident of Dirge, intends on doing some more work before the celebration is complete!

* Mayor Hunlynd Turmar hosted Last One Standing in the town square and explained the origins, purpose, and rules of this deadly children's game. After a lot of burning (and rolling), Zymi was the ultimate winner, earning a special shield to serve as a reminder of the experience! The Mayor then took the onlookers and revived contestants back to Darkstone Inn for a round of celebratory drinks and conversation.

Still to Come:

* Liars and Braggarts, 6pm Eastern 3/13/18 (TONIGHT!)

* History Lecture and Storytelling Circle, 6PM Eastern 3/16/18 (Friday)

* Blessings of the Volcano, 5pm Eastern 3/17/18 (Saturday)

Hope to see you there!

-Persida
Re: A Tribute to the Fists! 03/16/2018 07:10 PM CDT
Update Two:

* The alterer Elsi made a second unscheduled appearance in Darkstone Inn, and did work for many more people!

* Mayor Hunlynd Turmar hosted Liars and Braggarts in the town square and explained the origins, purpose, and rules of this (considerably less deadly than the last) children's game. After two rounds, Grymmlen proved himself to be the best of the contestants at telling truth from lies, and won a unique calling card dispenser filled with cards that proclaim him as the Discerner of Truth that he is!

* Historian Zelka's history lecture and storytelling circle in the Darkstone Inn's back bar was abruptly called to an end due to a necromantic menace! Poor Zelka, out of fear for her safety and spiritual health, fled the town after the presence of multiple necromancers was pointed out to her by Inquisitor Whiteburn. Last it was heard, Zelka is seeking out a shaman acquaintance of hers to ensure she has not become infected by some sort of unclean power, and sends her sincere apologies for leaving so soon. Zelka mentioned that she may seek to distribute her stories by pamphlet or some other means, now that she no longer feels safe in Dirge.

Still to Come:

* Blessings of the Volcano, 5pm Eastern 3/17/18 (Saturday -- Tomorrow!)

Hope to see you there!

-Persida
Re: A Tribute to the Fists! 03/18/2018 05:27 AM CDT
... is now concluded.

You can find a really good log of the final event of this celebration, Blessings of the Volcano, here: http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Events%20and%20Happenings%20in%20DragonRealms'%20Elanthia/Zoluren%20Events/view/2369

Thank you to GMs Signi, Louca, Iocanthe, and Lawlite who were all involved with me in various aspects to make this happen.

A huge thank you to all of you players who came and participated, as well. Without you, there is no event, and only with you does any event take its final form. You are all our inspirations, and I hope you continue to feel the very real impact you have on the outcome of events by the actions your characters take.

-Persida