Corn maze 2017 11/01/2017 08:40 PM CDT
Could you comment on whether or not more items will be revealed, added, etc.?

Ideally I'd love to know if there will be bonus runs and other things at some point so I can actually be available to run them, and spend money on them.

It's a busy time of work and play for me, so I can't really be available to drop everything whenever a double points or extra buy event kicks off. Are those usually 1-2 hours, or more like 12?
Re: Corn maze 2017 11/02/2017 06:09 AM CDT
>>Could you comment on whether or not more items will be revealed, added, etc.?

Nothing like that is planned or intended.

>>Ideally I'd love to know if there will be bonus runs and other things at some point so I can actually be available to run them, and spend money on them.

That's something that happens on the fly, so I can't really confirm if or when that might happen.

>>It's a busy time of work and play for me, so I can't really be available to drop everything whenever a double points or extra buy event kicks off. Are those usually 1-2 hours, or more like 12?

There's no real 'usual' for the length of these. Each instance may be different. In general we tend to give an indication of how long they are intended to last when we begin one and announce it, but not always.

-Persida
Re: Corn maze 2017 11/26/2017 10:29 AM CST
I can go into the store right now and buy tickets that I will be unable to use, with zero indication of when the maze will close.

I think a better solution is to remove the ticket sales, and leave the maze up for a while for to let people run out their tickets and choose their prizes.

It costs nothing, and prevents issues of selling tickets to a paid event you then don't allow someone to attend.
Re: Corn maze 2017 11/26/2017 12:06 PM CST
>>I can go into the store right now and buy tickets that I will be unable to use, with zero indication of when the maze will close.

>>I think a better solution is to remove the ticket sales, and leave the maze up for a while for to let people run out their tickets and choose their prizes.

>>It costs nothing, and prevents issues of selling tickets to a paid event you then don't allow someone to attend.

+1
Re: Corn maze 2017 11/26/2017 01:01 PM CST
It's a good idea to include when the maze closes on the purchase page. It should also mention that all passes not used at this corn maze can be used at future corn mazes. I didn't use all my passes this year due to time constraints, so I'm saving them for next year.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Corn maze 2017 11/26/2017 01:44 PM CST
It's a good idea, but then so is just letting people run the event they purchased.

Prizes may be different, real life circumstances may change, etc.

Assuming people will be playing next year may be presumptuous, especially if they can't do what they paid for.

On related note when will the prizes be removed? Seems like people are going to be running right to the cut off, would be even more annoying if they didn't have time to spend their kernels.
Re: Corn maze 2017 11/26/2017 02:04 PM CST
>>It's a good idea, but then so is just letting people run the event they purchased.

Stopping the sale of passes days in advance of the maze itself closing would just result in other people ask why they can't buy more passes since the maze is still open.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Corn maze 2017 11/26/2017 02:14 PM CST
It's a vicious cycle!

I suppose that would also happen.

But the difference is saying, tickets are no longer available vs. we don't have the product you already paid for.

One is something you deal with and accept.

The other is an actual problem.
Re: Corn maze 2017 11/26/2017 03:08 PM CST
>>But the difference is saying, tickets are no longer available vs. we don't have the product you already paid for.

Does this mean all simucoin-based micro events should remain open in perpetuity, with only the passes/summons/etc available during certain timeframes? That would be the only way to absolutely ensure people can go on runs they bought, since they can choose not to go on them during the timeframe they're available.

As I said, I have a couple passes left over that I don't plan to use by the end of the day today, so does Simu owe me the ability to use them before next HE/Corn Maze? Similarly, I bought some Ulf'hara summons last year I didn't use, but I'm holding onto them with the knowledge that the event will return and I can use them then. Of course, my view on this would change if these were all one-off events and they wouldn't return.

Re: Corn maze 2017 11/26/2017 08:28 PM CST
Just so we're all on the same page.

Ticket sales should shut down around 11pm Eastern.

The maze will remain open until tomorrow morning so if you buy your last batch of passes at 10:59pm, you'll still have hours left to run the maze.

I hope that helps ease some frustrations and concerns.

Iocanthe
Doing stuff