Re: Strange Goings On -- A Teaser 10/08/2017 09:52 AM CDT
Is this related to trader's magic, hollow's eve, or both?
Re: Strange Goings On -- A Teaser 10/09/2017 11:50 AM CDT
Interesting stuff. In case you're looking for feedback so far, the pulsing attack that the starcrashers were using seemed to pulse really fast. Maybe too fast? I suppose that would be the Starcrash spell, and further suppose that it would be cyclic (Elanthipedia seems to agree). It just seemed like such a rapidly pulsing cyclic might be problematic for attunement management (were the creatures running out? I didn't notice them pause at all). Or maybe it's deliberately designed that way. Or maybe I'm just imagining it; I just know that the huge ones made really quick work of at least one person fighting them, and it wore down almost all of my PoP in a handful of seconds. That might also be because those particular ones were really high level though, so I'm not sure.

I guess what I'm saying is that this might be worth double checking to make sure it's working as desired going forward.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: Strange Goings On -- A Teaser 10/09/2017 12:47 PM CDT

> Or maybe it's deliberately designed that way.

Personally, I kind of hope it is. Being able to convert attunement to raw damage so fast would be an interesting trader niche, especially considering that they'll have a slower regen than most guilds due to skillset placement and no grandfathering. Combined with recharge and heighten flaws, it may make them a force to be reckoned with in PvP. That would be interesting.
Re: Strange Goings On -- A Teaser 10/09/2017 02:43 PM CDT
>>no grandfathering

AFAIK, part of 3.0 was making sure stuff like skillset placement and the lack of ability to train X before Y stopped factoring into how spells functioned. Look at Paladins/Rangers and how their attack spells moved to a TM model despite being magic tert as an example of this.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Strange Goings On -- A Teaser 10/09/2017 02:58 PM CDT

What I'm referring to is the lack of attunement. Even rangers and paladins had years to train the skill, and thieves and barbarians were grandfathered in (IIRC) at 3.0's release. I seem to remember DR Armifer saying that traders wouldn't be grandfathered in. Obviously this spell shouldn't be so crazy that Warrior Mages are calling foul, but I do like the idea of uniquness. Traders having the ability to burst down a single target by sacrificing their mana tool makes me smile, partially because it's a polar opposite of where they are today and partially because I don't know of anyone who can do that. Warrior mages have burst, but it's more from multiple sources and less available on demand without prior prep work.

> Look at Paladins/Rangers and how their attack spells moved to a TM model despite being magic tert as an example of this.

To clarify, I'm enjoying the idea of the damage being consistent, but the interval between pulses being much, much smaller. This would create more damage to a single target over time, from a single source, but it would also drain more mana more quickly. A wariror mage, warrior mage, or even a moon mage will still be able to do more damage. Even an empath would likely be high on the list, but the spot burst without planning (ie: DB) could be the trader's thing.
Re: Strange Goings On -- A Teaser 10/10/2017 03:10 PM CDT
>>Is this related to trader's magic, Hollow Eve, or both?

Yes.

-Persida