Prev_page Previous 1
Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 09:17 AM CDT
The Elanthian Spring Movement needs you!

Have you seen a member of Theren Guard, Night Watch, ODS or other foreign miltia members on our soil?

Are you sad to see our humble town invaded by these heathens from across the sea?

If so please report the location by Gweth or by pigeon

Citizens of M'Riss the time to band together is upon us

Several of your peers have begun nightly sweeps of the city Kresh and the island to keep you safe from the foreign oppressors. We ask that you keep an eye on your own neighborhood. Report any suspecios activity

Together we can quell this uprising!

Any member of a Therengian military faction who denounces the Baron and becomes a citizen of M'Riss shall receive a pardon and a warm welcome. Your citizenship fees will be paid for in full.
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 09:21 AM CDT
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 09:27 AM CDT
I find the phrase 'elanthian spring', rather offensive. The Arab spring was a significant and important thing in the region.

Your arguments are petty and pointless badgering about personal matters.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 09:29 AM CDT
It's a good attempt at keeping it into some form of RolePlay IMO.

__
You hear the voice of Jaedren exclaim, "Look! I'm Leilond!"
You notice Jaedren come out of hiding.
Jaedren shimmers out of sight.
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 09:30 AM CDT
I'm giving you guys the benefit of the doubt from my initial assumption that this was anything but flexing. So far, you guys have done pretty well with it so I hope you're open to just a few RP critiques:

Elanthian Spring- Can you come up with a different name for this? It's a pretty OOC reference to the Arab Spring.

Pigeon- Keep it IG. Sending IMs can be a necessity sometimes, but keep a high visibility on the island or have a central place people can run to to report a location, assuming they can't gweth. Also, might want to list those who can be reported to.

Otherwise, looks good and good luck! Also, a running tab of people who have converted or denounced the Baron would be pretty good to include :)

-=Issus=-
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 09:30 AM CDT

>or by pigeon

Any semblance of roleplay you might have had was crushed by this.
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 09:35 AM CDT
>>It's a good attempt at keeping it into some form of RolePlay IMO.

It's incredibly transparent.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 10:26 AM CDT
If you're going to be against something, at least get the names right. Night Watch isn't a Therengian unit.

Player of: Lyathe and Saslisena
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 10:45 AM CDT
Well, they did expand their excuse for PvP thinly disguised as roleplay to include any military forces, not just Therengian.

Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 11:14 AM CDT
And thus, the "Great Gank War of 2012" began.

Madigan
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 11:22 AM CDT

Be very careful that the actual government doesn't decide differently. And no it's not me running things there. Also if we the GMs are expected to respect and remember playability so are you and harassment will be handled as needed.

GM Quarel Veryan Events Team.
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 11:28 AM CDT

I have to say, I'm all for some good, fun PvP, but if this turns in to making it impossible for people to train, that becomes unfun in a hurry. Hopefully it won't!

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 12:11 PM CDT
Sir Madigan-

I think you mean the Great Gank War of The Year of the Crystal Snow Hare.
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 02:14 PM CDT
<<Great Gank War of The Year of the Crystal Snow Hare

+1. Well played sir.

Madigan
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 02:18 PM CDT
Based on the responses, Jondong is hands-down the better roleplayer in this thread.

Seriously, we've got events like the "Elanthics" and people are whining about the term "Elanthian Spring"??? We hear pigeon all day every day on the gweth. Give it a rest.

His so-called "thinly veiled RP" is way more appealing/entertaining than a lot of the clumsy, boring stuff I see every day in Therengia. And until someone is actually prevented from training or "harassed" MAYBE can we give him the benefit of the doubt?
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 02:28 PM CDT
Oh, also unlike the Therengians patrolling their hunting areas, he won't be script checking people who don't respond immediately.

And if you're guarded or closed, protip, just ignore him and he'll go away. He's really not going to risk getting his 150th barbarian reported for unconsented PVP over something that he derisively refers to as "larp".

Of course, for some of you, pride won't allow his provocations to go unanswered and you'll end up getting killed over it and complaining here about how you can't hunt/train on the islands in peace. But just remember, you do have the option of ignoring him just like you have the option of ignoring people on the banned list when you don't want a conflict.
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 02:31 PM CDT

>>you do have the option of ignoring him just like you have the option of ignoring people on the banned list when you don't want a conflict.

but then they would lose their text badge for not doing what the baron said. Nobody wants that.
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 03:16 PM CDT
Guys, tone down the snarking just a notch or you know, go to Conflicts etc etc.

Thanks a ton.

Svafa

_
If you have questions or comments, please email me at MOD-SVAFA@PLAY.NET or Senior Board Monitor Sidatura at
DR-SIDATURA@PLAY.NET or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-ANNWYL@PLAY.NET
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 03:56 PM CDT
Oh, also unlike the Therengians patrolling their hunting areas, he won't be script checking people who don't respond immediately.

And if you're guarded or closed, protip, just ignore him and he'll go away. He's really not going to risk getting his 150th barbarian reported for unconsented PVP over something that he derisively refers to as "larp".

Of course, for some of you, pride won't allow his provocations to go unanswered and you'll end up getting killed over it and complaining here about how you can't hunt/train on the islands in peace. But just remember, you do have the option of ignoring him just like you have the option of ignoring people on the banned list when you don't want a conflict.

Jondong is fun to play with. He and others like Gort are a blast and have enough common sense to keep things enjoyable and within the bounds of common sense.

I will say that using the shun verb to lock down the young Theren player in small celps was a nice touch. Shockingly, it didn't seem to stop after a while. Color me surprised.

Seriously folks. If you don't apply some common sense to what you are doing, I do not see this going all that great.

Madigan
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 04:05 PM CDT
The Therengian Ambassador, repeatedly shunned? Surely you jest...
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 04:48 PM CDT
>>I will say that using the shun verb to lock down the young Theren player in small celps was a nice touch.

What am I not getting when it comes to this verb?

Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 05:01 PM CDT
<<Surely you jest...

Heh. No. I am talking about the noob in baby celps that was|is closed. PvP is not his thing as far as I know.

Madigan
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 05:05 PM CDT
I find myself amazed that I used "noob" and "baby celps" in the same sentence. Wow, has this game changed.

Madigan
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 05:06 PM CDT
>>the noob in baby celps

I chuckle every time I see a statement like this.

Nothing more to add than that, unfortunately.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 05:06 PM CDT
...Damn, beaten to it.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 05:32 PM CDT
Pretty soon it'll be the noob in assassins.

__
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 05:37 PM CDT
>>Pretty soon it'll be the noob in assassins.

Intercessors are the new goblins.
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 06:32 PM CDT
I hate you all.

-=A Noob Who Still Hunts In Baby Celps Sometimes=-
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 06:45 PM CDT
Pleased To Announce an M'Riss convert -

Rejik has agreed to renounce the Baron and join become a citizen of M'Riss

Welcome Rejik - You have made the right decision!
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 07:00 PM CDT
lol wow, can't believe someone actually swapped sides. Nice job -- Do keep posting whenever ya'll convert people please :)

__
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 07:41 PM CDT

>We hear pigeon all day every day on the gweth. Give it a rest.

Doesn't make it anything other than stupid. That said, I genuinely hope something fun comes out of all this for everyone who decides to get involved.
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/14/2012 07:52 PM CDT
No more pigeon debating here.

Go to Conflicts if you want, I hear Annwyl loves squab.

Thanks!

Svafa

_
If you have questions or comments, please email me at MOD-SVAFA@PLAY.NET or Senior Board Monitor Sidatura at
DR-SIDATURA@PLAY.NET or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-ANNWYL@PLAY.NET
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/15/2012 02:17 PM CDT
>Be very careful that the actual government doesn't decide differently.

Again, not to sound overly negative in this regard, but it'd be fantastic if stuff like this actually happened in the game instead of on the boards.
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/16/2012 01:10 AM CDT
As I have read EVERY word of these last few threads, I would like to add that we're not out there harrassing innocents. We're out there treating Therengians as they'd like to be treated. (IMO)

When we say "WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE" We're not representing anybody but ourselves as players. We're treating you like you treat us -that's just a fact- if you don't like it then stop trying to be high and mighty as players. I'm no better than you and you're no better than me so let's not try to sugar coat it.

You'll find we most often fight amongst ourselves and leave you alone (we're bad guys, bad guys usually kill other bad guys) but when you go around your little province with your noses held high, expect the same treatment in ours.
I am a soldier of M'riss, I WILL KILL YOU WHILE YOU HUNT but I won't complain when you kill me while I hunt. Generally I know when to back off, generally I do just that. I have personally been auto arrested on M'riss and taken back to Kresh for little fines (1.7 plat, compared to my 50-150+ plat fines in Zoluren.) I only complain because I am not used to being hauled off a -very very very unsafe and lawless island, but they say you win some and you lose some.-

I'm the one known to attack Open profile Therengians in Therengia(or Open profile anybodies/anywhere for that matter) Alot of people don't like me because I kill with very little warning and very little interaction it frustrates people because they feel I don't give them a chance but truely that chance was forfeit when/if you decided to go PVP OPEN. I rarely "camp" I don't like to be camped myself, most of us are adults and we should all know when to stop.

Now on a side note to all you who IM me to cuss me out. that's why it's there in my profile, it really doesn't bother me but don't act shocked when I shoot you down there too. I won't come back and kill you again just because you're open and you IMd me to vent a little frustration. Some people RP and some people PVP that's just how it is.

As far as this situation going on on M'riss I don't see it as a bad thing, we generally police ourselves and I'm -always ready to be knocked down a peg.- I've come a long way from the crazy IG psycho I used to be, so let's all try to be reasonable here. When I break the rules I break the rules, and I'm willing to accept whatever punishment that may be with few complaints (GM enforced, or otherwise)

P.S. Mad props to Madigan/Liurilias/Sendithu and Ventuul for keeping a cool head in a hot situation.

~Nefidyne
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/16/2012 01:48 AM CDT
>>I'm the one known to attack Open profile Therengians in Therengia(or Open profile anybodies/anywhere for that matter) Alot of people don't like me because I kill with very little warning and very little interaction it frustrates people because they feel I don't give them a chance but truely that chance was forfeit when/if you decided to go PVP OPEN. I rarely "camp" I don't like to be camped myself, most of us are adults and we should all know when to stop.

It's this approach that has made Open characters a rarity. Congratulations on writing an entire post explicitly listing reasons why you're detrimental to the game as a whole. Personally, I've enjoyed the antics of the others involved until you pop in. It's almost as if you're trying to ruin anything they might be trying to accomplish simply by being present.

-=Issus=-
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/16/2012 02:06 AM CDT

Conflicts don't belong here, take it to the Conflicts folder over in Social side.

Thanks!

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/16/2012 11:07 AM CDT
Don't really think anyone is conflicting. If our team has a problem we settle it in game with some tactful larp.

Honestly - this is one of the more exciting things that's happened in Elanthia in awhile an I think there are a lot of people who enjoy reading this "event" that we (population of DR, not just team bad) have created.

We are all having fun, so just let us roll with it. When you start getting REPORT PLS HELP THEY ARE BRUTALIZING ME AND I CANT MOVE then we can deal with the escalation. I can't help but to feel that we are being judged on a crime that we haven't yet committed.

Don't be skrd.

I quote High Bard B. Raitt "Let's give them something to talk about"

-Jondong
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/16/2012 11:22 AM CDT
>Don't really think anyone is conflicting. If our team has a problem we settle it in game with some tactful larp.

How are you settling anything in game with larp? They're completely opposite terms.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/16/2012 11:47 AM CDT
My comments weren't intended to be a reflection of you, Jon, or most of your cohorts. I'll put it this way, though: In the same way you guys want Therengia to police their own, you guys might want to consider the same. I know most you are a hell of a lot of fun when it comes to these things, just don't want to see it brought down for no good reason.

Also

>>I quote High Bard B. Raitt "Let's give them something to talk about"

lol Nice

-=Issus=-
Re: Citizens of M'Riss, Rise up! 06/16/2012 01:25 PM CDT

Larptastic
Prev_page Previous 1