Yhur's Rum Run 06/26/2011 02:02 AM CDT
Apparently the red sash was out for shore leave, and rum running... I beat them to it last week, on my regular rum run. But aggressive negotiations continued for some time, they kept trying to barter for the rum, and we kept trying to sell them Rainea or Leilond. Taleek was busy, with side negotiations... something about back alley deals(all I know is he kept disapearing), and Devoria kept trying to mentally command them to give her more rum. Zozuskar, wanting none of this kept a shield raised... I saw that hidden flask in the shield! Gamalon, Gemaset, Chriztopher I think they set in all that mess playing a card game of all things. But in the end a deal could not be struck, and Yhur left so... mmm peacefully... sure thats it.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 06/26/2011 02:51 AM CDT
uh huh.. don't trust Worrclan, his hideous beard is made of dwarf lies.

apparently some traders came to ratha to do business, unbenknownst to them Rathans are a buncha murderers and thieves and jumped at the chance to murder the commodore and attempt to seize his vessels for their own.

there was 3 tweets to go with this, I'm sure it looked neater on Ratha.

Commodore Yhur prances north.

[Neh Dock, Port of Ratha]
Though night turns the sea to black and turns the majority of Rathan citizens inside, work on the dock never seems to cease entirely as workers continue to ply their trade. You also see the Maverick, Berengaria's Blessings, the Twilight's Journey, the Katamba's Eclipse, the Rising Phoenix, the Barnacle, The Night Sky's Schedule and an ebony slate.
Also here: Commodore Yhur who is surrounded by a shimmering shield.
Obvious paths: north, south.
Nearby in the water you see: the main docks (adjacent), the Uaro Dock (far), the Oyit Neh Dock (close), the open ocean (distant), a small fleet of ships.

[Ratha, Port Walk]
The eastern end of the Ratha warehouses stands like a wall at the side of the Port Walk. Some very shady-looking characters pass by, maybe an uneasy blend of pirate and trader, legal when they have to be, otherwise when opportunity offers. You also see a tiny platinum bar, some bronze coins, some copper coins, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a dark crystalline spike, a curved drop-trigger crossbow, some crossbow bolts, a wild-eyed pirate that is lying down, a dark crystalline spike, a drunken mariner, a large purple-blue jade, a curved drop-trigger crossbow, some crossbow bolts, a drunken lieutenant that is lying down, a large rock, a medium silver bar, a scarred netman, a sun-darkened mariner, a drunken crossbowman that is lying down, a wild-eyed mariner, a peg-legged mariner, a drunken mariner, a wild-eyed mercenary, a medium silver nugget, some waermodi stones, a large mint green morganite, a small blue moonstone, a boiled leather buckler, a huge piece of amber, a tiny gold nugget, a large rock, a medium silver nugget, a large faceted nomlas andalusite, a small faceted taupe onyx, a large banded brown zircon, a tiny platinum nugget, a large rock, a medium russet agate, a small amber chalcedony, a small amaranth tanzanite, a large rock, a small azure topaz, a medium blue spinel, some crossbow bolts, some crossbow bolts, a large rock, a tiny bronze-colored garnet, a large rock, a large rock, a large rock, some bleached white bone armor painted with a red-sailed pirate ship, some crossbow bolts, a medium green agate, a tiny faceted maroon garnet, a huge clear crystal, a tiny azure garnet, a large rock, a large rock, a medium cobalt agate, a large rock, a tiny platinum bar, a large rock, a large rock, a medium silver nugget, a large rock, a large rock, some bleached white bone armor painted with a red-sailed pirate ship, a large rock, a large rock, an arrow, an arrow, a heavy earthen ballista, some crossbow bolts, some arrows, a large rock, a large rock, some crossbow bolts, some crossbow bolts, some crossbow bolts, a large rock, a large rock, some crossbow bolts, some arrows, some crossbow bolts, a large rock, a large rock, a large rock, a large rock, a large rock, a large rock, a large rock, a large rock, a large rock, a large rock, a large rock, a pool of grey shadows, a monstrous grizzled war bear that is sitting, some junk and some other stuff.
Also here: Commodore Yhur who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Rainea who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Devoria who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Shadow Leilond who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Judge Zozuskar who is surrounded by a shimmering shield and Worrclan who is surrounded by a shimmering shield.
Obvious paths: east, west.

A scrawny pirate plods into the area, with a withering glare.

A drunken mariner tosses in its sleep, mumbling "Rum..." under its breath.
A wild-eyed mariner tosses in its sleep, mumbling "Rum..." under its breath.
A peg-legged mariner tosses in its sleep, mumbling "Rum..." under its breath.
A sun-darkened mariner tosses in its sleep, mumbling "Rum..." under its breath.

Yhur's sword rapier and long stiletto fall to the ground.

A blood-thirsty lieutenant runs in screaming "Hold ye bilge rats!"

[Temple of Hodierna, Berengaria's Bridge]
The influence of the Pantel family is evident here. Tapestries dedicated to Berengaria adorn each wall. One depicts the goddess walking through a desolate field dropping seeds to the ground. Another shows her watching over farmers as they harvest their abundant crops. Worshippers of Berengaria have paid tribute to the goddess by offering wheat and other grains at the foot of a statue in the corner. You also see a gold-flecked alabaster altar.
Also here: Commodore Yhur who is lying down.
Obvious exits: west.
Yhur leaps to his feet!
Commodore Yhur just went west.

Nice job guys, did he even get an attack off?

I'd been wondering when he'd show up again, I wanted to play, the WM grimoire says he's 150th. Heard something about him kicking Haven's butt awhile back?

The fabric of the universe seems to wobble momentarily. Uh, what did you just do?
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 06/26/2011 07:28 AM CDT
<<Nice job guys, did he even get an attack off?

He came in and started casting things at people but after I failed a capped MB and burn on him I pretty much kept him dazzle stunned while everyone else beat on him. It was definitely a combined effort.

Yhur gestures at you.
Your ethereal shield crackles with energy!
A white glow flares around you.
A small, cascading wave of tiny blue sparks erupts in the air before Yhur.

What spell is that?
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 06/26/2011 09:11 AM CDT
Thanks to the GMs for doing these. I really enjoy the little impromptu invasions. Taking him down was defiantly a team effort, he parried almost everything I did. Still, it was a good time. Would come to Ratha for it again.
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 06/26/2011 10:56 AM CDT
The whole event was really fun! Thank you GMs who were involved--I wish I could have interacted with Yhur more but I was overwhelmed by the scroll :x

Yhur was truly a challenging opponent and I would definitely enjoy doing battle with him again :)

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 06/26/2011 11:09 AM CDT
Static discharge, he was trying to remove the build up on your shield so CL would fry you with an area cast, or he was drunk and messed up I think.

The fabric of the universe seems to wobble momentarily. Uh, what did you just do?
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 06/26/2011 12:05 PM CDT
Hey! At least half to three fourths of that was true... but I'm not going to tell which cause of jerk-face powerhaus!

>>I wish I could have interacted with Yhur more but I was overwhelmed by the scroll :x

Yeah me to.

<<Nice job guys, did he even get an attack off?

I don't think he did, was great team work.

Re: Yhur's Rum Run 06/26/2011 10:10 PM CDT
edited down Yhur combat log.

I saw one attack by Yhur, murderers...

Commodore Yhur prances north.
[Ratha, Port Walk]

Also here: Commodore Yhur who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Rainea who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Devoria who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Shadow Leilond who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Judge Zozuskar who is surrounded by a shimmering shield and Worrclan who is surrounded by a shimmering shield.
Obvious paths: east, west.

Yhur beams!

Leilond fades into view.
Leilond is surrounded by a soft whistling noise.
Yhur's ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Yhur slumps wearily.
A wild-eyed pirate slumps wearily and drops like a rock, dead to the world.
A drunken mariner slumps wearily and drops like a rock, dead to the world.
A drunken lieutenant slumps wearily and drops like a rock, dead to the world.
A scarred netman slumps wearily and drops like a rock, dead to the world.
A sun-darkened mariner slumps wearily and drops like a rock, dead to the world.
A drunken crossbowman slumps wearily and drops like a rock, dead to the world.
A wild-eyed mariner slumps wearily and drops like a rock, dead to the world.
A peg-legged mariner slumps wearily and drops like a rock, dead to the world.
A drunken mariner slumps wearily and drops like a rock, dead to the world.
A wild-eyed mercenary slumps wearily and drops like a rock, dead to the world.
A drunken crossbowman tosses in its sleep, mumbling "Rum..." under its breath.

Yhur exclaims, "Ok, who said they had the rum!"

A wild-eyed mariner tosses in its sleep, mumbling "Rum..." under its breath.
A peg-legged mariner tosses in its sleep, mumbling "Rum..." under its breath.
A sun-darkened mariner tosses in its sleep, mumbling "Rum..." under its breath.

Devoria gestures at Yhur.
Devoria and Yhur glare at each other for a moment.

Yhur laughs!
Worrclan gestures at Yhur.
A sheet of slippery ice forms beneath Yhur!
Yhur barely manages to stay on his feet.
Leilond bends over the crossbowman's corpse briefly.
Yhur slumps wearily.

A thick shadowy mass gathers in the air and coalesces into a dark pall upon Yhur.
The pall barely misses Yhur, leaving a small scorch mark upon the ground where it strikes.
Rainea stops advancing on a wild-eyed mariner.
Rainea begins to advance on Yhur.

Leilond inhales deeply before unleashing an ear-splitting shout directed at Yhur. The concussive blast lands a hard hit against Yhur's right eye, stunning him!
A lurid green bolt of lightning misses and strikes the ground!

Leilond draws forth some throwing blades.
Leilond throws a throwing blade at Yhur.
The throwing blade lands nearby!

Rainea thrusts a finely-honed glaes sabre enhanced with night diamonds and audrualm at Yhur.

Zozuskar spins around to face Yhur!
Rainea feints a finely-honed glaes sabre enhanced with night diamonds and audrualm at Yhur.
A toothless pirate pulls itself gracefully to its feet with a hate-filled glare.
Yhur feints a cup-hilted sword rapier with a massive starlight ruby pommel at Zozuskar. The rapier lands a harmless blow to his neck!
Rainea lunges a finely-honed glaes sabre enhanced with night diamonds and audrualm at Yhur.
A flash of silvery-blue light envelops Yhur!
Yhur stops dead in his tracks and rapidly blinks his eyes.
The toothless pirate begins to advance on Worrclan.
Worrclan gets a vial of naphtha from inside his supply pack.
Zozuskar punches his hand claw at Yhur.

Zozuskar claws his fingers at Yhur.
Rainea thrusts a finely-honed glaes sabre enhanced with night diamonds and audrualm at Yhur.
A flash of silvery-blue light envelops Yhur!

Yhur is forced back quite some distance!

The naphtha in Worrclan's left hand is blown by the winds toward Yhur!
The naphtha shatters in an explosion of tiny glass shards and smelly, sticky mixture against Yhur!
Suddenly the winds return, howling fiercely as they coalesce into a raging force that streaks toward Yhur!
Rainea feints a finely-honed glaes sabre enhanced with night diamonds and audrualm at Yhur.
Rainea lunges a finely-honed glaes sabre enhanced with night diamonds and audrualm at Yhur.
Zozuskar loosens the straps securing his tower shield and removes it.
A soft crackle briefly comes from Devoria's direction.

A flicker of silvery-blue light envelops Yhur!
A pair of elemental fire shards fly at Yhur!

A shard of elemental fire flies at Yhur!
The fire shard misses him!

A shard of elemental fire flies at Yhur!
The fire shard misses him!
Zozuskar chops a matte-black bastard sword with a wickedly twisted blade adorned with sinuous blood-red engravings at Yhur.

Leilond fades into view.
Alluring strands of balmy music swirl through the area, gradually giving way to a heavy strumming from Leilond's mandolin. The monotonous chord seems to compel the mind to submerse in unfeeling darkness.
Yhur sprawls wearily and passes out.

The air around Yhur solidifies into a dull yellow haze, nearly extinguishing under the assault.
Leilond inhales deeply before unleashing an ear-splitting shout directed at Yhur. The concussive blast lands a very heavy hit against Yhur's right arm!

The air around Yhur solidifies into a slight yellow flicker, collapsing under the force of the attack in a silent cascade of glassy fragments that vanish before reaching the ground.
Leilond throws a throwing blade at Yhur. The blade lands a good hit to his neck!
The throwing blade lodges itself shallowly into Yhur!
Leilond throws a throwing blade at Yhur. The blade lands a hard hit that punches a hole through the skin on its side!
The throwing blade lodges itself shallowly into Yhur!
Yhur stirs from his lullabied slumber.
The distinct scent of naphtha drifts off of Yhur.
Zozuskar begins to advance on Yhur.
Zozuskar closes to melee range on Yhur.
A bolt of bluish lightning blazes out of the sky toward Yhur!
Yhur's hair stands on end as the lightning bolt strikes nearby!

Zozuskar slams a steel tower shield at Yhur.
A very faint scent of naphtha drifts off of Yhur.
Zozuskar chants a brief litany and draws back with a strike of great force!
Zozuskar slices a matte-black bastard sword with a wickedly twisted blade adorned with sinuous blood-red engravings at Yhur.
A soft crackle briefly comes from Worrclan's direction.
Leilond is revealed suddenly.
Yhur sprawls wearily and passes out.
A deathly silent circle of light spins into being, whirling and bristling with glistening spines until it coalesces into a dark crystalline spike.
A lurid green bolt of lightning misses and strikes the ground!

Leilond gestures at Yhur.
A crackling yellow haze forms up around Leilond's form, quickly pooling up into a small, cohesive cloud in front of him. It quickly lurches forward in an erratic bolt at Yhur!
With a ferocious crackle, the cloud grows and shifts into the mostly cohesive shape of a ballista bolt, which rams into his chest with enough force to lift him into the air, the glowing yellow force keeping him aloft. As the hazy cloud dissipates, you see that his chest has been completely melted from the inside out.

* Yhur is slain before your eyes!
Yhur's sword rapier and long stiletto fall to the ground.

Yhur twitches feebly, the cold, claylike corpse apparently mimicking the undead before it decays.

Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/04/2011 12:16 AM CDT
It's great to see the Pirates back.. I would love to see the return of Jourok. He was like the original Tachid, both made me laugh and there's always a spot for characters like that.
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/04/2011 05:47 PM CDT
Alas, Jourok didn't make it out of the Outcast Incident intact.

GM Jaedren
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/04/2011 05:50 PM CDT
Jaedren- murderer of dreams and npcs.

Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/04/2011 07:02 PM CDT
That webcast message on the homepage is really making me itch for some more action. I missed Yhur's stop in Crossing during the first fray. Couldn't make it from Theren quick enough. I'm hoping that the message means there is going to be more coming sooooooon.

Deadly Deretis Desitus, Soldier of Ratha
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/04/2011 07:22 PM CDT
The Red Sash aren't gone by any means.

GM Jaedren
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/04/2011 07:33 PM CDT
>>Alas, Jourok didn't make it out of the Outcast Incident intact.

Bah! Dwarves are made of hardier stuff than that, surely that bit of ice, at the most just gave him the sniffles.

Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/04/2011 10:46 PM CDT
Oh Jaedren, you're my favorite person tonight! Now hopefully my work schedule cooperates with Yhur's schedule. For the next week Yhur is not allowed to come to call before 3pm CST. And definitely not on Wednesday ;)

I do hope that those of you that are able to get closer to the action continue to post your logs. As much as I want to be a part of every bit of it, I know it won't happen. But I do enjoy seeing the story unfold!

Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/05/2011 07:21 AM CDT
<<Alas, Jourok didn't make it out of the Outcast Incident intact.>>

we have the technology... we can rebuild him. we have 6 million kronars...
we have necromancers... we can reanimate him...

War is Peace, Truth is Lies. -george orwell
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/05/2011 05:03 PM CDT
>6 million kronars...

I don't know about you, but my lowly 78th circle Trader has 100 million kronars. Sort of. I'd have to move thousands of plat from Hib, Ratha, and Riverhaven, but I COULD.

Naniaki

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/05/2011 05:58 PM CDT
How do you people possibly amass so much coin? Even as a trader? 100 million? I'm only sitting on about 250plat lirum and this is about the richest I've ever been. Granted I spent about a 100 plat at the fest. I guess if I hadn't bought anything I'd be up to 350-400 plat but still.

Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/05/2011 06:07 PM CDT
<<250plat lirum>>

250 platinum lirum = 2,500,000 lirum

GM Jaedren
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/05/2011 07:13 PM CDT
<<250 platinum lirum = 2,500,000 lirum>>

People never seem to be able to do the conversions....
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/05/2011 10:18 PM CDT
Okay. Now I feel dumb. I should have seen that.

Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/05/2011 10:21 PM CDT
Though in my defense I assumed he meant 100 million plat. Being a lowly trader and all. I would believe that. Apparently its not unheard of for some of you higher level folks, with absurd amount of skinning, to be able to make 600 plat a day. Rumor? A tad off? But I suppose when he said he'd have to move thousands, that should have clued me in.

Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/05/2011 10:33 PM CDT
>>600 plat a day

Man, I wish. I can make out with 3-5 full bundles in a day's hunt. With the help of a trader I can sell each bundle for 50-60 platinum kronars. Best case scenario, I make 300 plat in a day of nonstop hunting for 12+ hours.

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/05/2011 11:23 PM CDT
Well then. I guess I don't feel too bad about bringing in my 10 plat a day when I'm in deer or 15 plat if I stay on the Kree for a several trips back and forth and pop all the boxes. The not-so rare hefty boxes help. Always nice pulling a few plat coins and a couple plat gems out from every 30 or so boxes.

Umm back to topic. Yhur. We missed you tonight. Was such a pleasant evening, no one down at the docks, us tucked away into our own little interests, the rum at Denison's Pub flowing like a waterfall...

Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/06/2011 06:52 AM CDT
the original "6 million kronars" was a reference to the show with steve austin - the 6 million dollar man.

i know. old tv show. :-)

War is Peace, Truth is Lies. -george orwell
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/06/2011 08:25 AM CDT
>>Man, I wish. I can make out with 3-5 full bundles in a day's hunt. With the help of a trader I can sell each bundle for 50-60 platinum kronars. Best case scenario, I make 300 plat in a day of nonstop hunting for 12+ hours.

To be fair, you're a Bard. There are guilds that are better suited to the task of murdering creatures by the thousands.
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/06/2011 10:46 AM CDT
>>To be fair, you're a Bardarian. There are guilds that are better suited to the task of murdering creatures by the thousands

Fixed it for you.
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/06/2011 05:04 PM CDT
<<To be fair, you're a Bard. There are guilds that are better suited to the task of murdering creatures by the thousands.

Please take your 'Bards aren't good at combat' mentality back to the 90's where it belongs.

-Evran

The first slayer of Malik, may he not rest in peace.
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/06/2011 05:20 PM CDT
>>To be fair, you're a Bard. There are guilds that are better suited to the task of murdering creatures by the thousands.

ITT: people who never saw OPHaxHamBards using Pyre.
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/06/2011 06:11 PM CDT
Let's play a game called "Back on Topic" which is not the nonsensical OPness of Bards. :D

GM Jaedren
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/11/2011 07:47 PM CDT
I wonder who took over after Sallador was incinerated.
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/11/2011 09:15 PM CDT
Aedem

GM Jaedren
Re: Yhur's Rum Run 07/12/2011 10:06 AM CDT
That is what I thought, since the people I know hooked up with Aedem on that one night. But I wasn't sure, thanks for the confirmation.