Prev_page Previous 1 3
Ratha 04/19/2004 07:29 AM CDT
Ratha docks are now open. At this time there are still pirates on first tier, but you can still enter the city.

Posted by Yazegi
Spokesman for and drinker of rum
AIM: Psycho Yaz

Your mind hears Dulcinia thinking, "if the broom fits, ride it"
Re: Ratha 04/19/2004 11:37 AM CDT
You know... would love to see Ratha free of pirates. If there is anything I can do please let me know.

I have other reasons to wish Jourok defeated AGAIN. ::hums::

Commander Daxlynn of Ilithi Battering Rams
Re: Ratha 04/19/2004 12:56 PM CDT
I know there is still about 4 towers or so left and a few units. If you want to help come on over and talk to someone in charge.

Posted by Yazegi
Spokesman for and drinker of rum
AIM: Psycho Yaz

Your mind hears Dulcinia thinking, "if the broom fits, ride it"
Re: Ratha 04/19/2004 01:23 PM CDT
Hmm.. I'd rather not make the trip to only be told to leave. We are hearing rumors in Ilithi that Ratha does not want the help. While I realize this could be purely gossip, I don't want to waste my time only to be told to leave too.

Commander Daxlynn, Ilithi Battering Rams
Re: Ratha 04/19/2004 03:15 PM CDT
Along with myself, Ecoles and other visitors to Ratha's shores have been made to feel quiet welcome in lending aid to the struggle against the enemies of the Realms. I'm sure that another brave and capable cleric such as yourself would be well recieved.

~Lieutenant Ternith Sjomah
Mer'Kresh, Rissan Artillery Corp
____
Yesterday I caught a handicapped guy parking in one of our spots and beat the crap out of him.
Re: Ratha 04/20/2004 03:35 AM CDT
Feel free Dax, worse that happens is I get to tell someone off, while they're unconcious, fer tellin' ya yer not wanted.

- LT. Zelaide -

The only way to survive the impending doom: kill every last Zolurenite. -- GM Veyl, tongue firmly in cheek.
Ratha the Free. 04/21/2004 06:17 AM CDT
Okie a little update on stuff, Ratha is free of the enemy at this time, Congrats to All the Milita and Civilians that chipped in alike, Special Mentions go to Commander Beliel who probably has matchsticks holding his eyes open. there were many many Rathans who pulled together when we really needed it and kicked some pirate butt. Also thanks for tireless work in the Triage, the Empaths, Clerics and folks guarding the Triage.

The Rathan folks really proved themselfs, was good to watch the civilians and Milita working together for the good of Ratha.

Commander Michael Tristramm of the Rathan Fencible Regiment

Need forged plate armor?
IM TincanX
Re: Ratha 04/21/2004 06:34 AM CDT
>Hmm.. I'd rather not make the trip to only be told to leave. We are hearing rumors in Ilithi that Ratha does not want the help. While I realize this could be purely gossip, I don't want to waste my time only to be told to leave too.

Well, I try to word this correctly.

Recently there have been a lot of non local parties expressing that the Rathan Militia was not capable of looking after Ratha, and making out that Rathan Fencibles were unorganized, undermaned etc. We have often heard empty threats of 'sending a couple mainland squads out there to take over' etc. Be it by folks qualified or not to say so we get very wary of folks walzing in from another province and running there own race.

However, we did recieve a offer of help from the mainland military in the recent few days while we were battling the pirate invasion forces, I did send word that help was not required as we did and do have things quite under conntrol, I was grateful, and the Rathan Militia is very grateful for the offer.

PS. I would like to add that folks wishing to help please feel free to visit and speak with a Rathan Commander we can let you know where triages etc are and which folks are leading attacks etc.

Commander Michael Tristramm of the Rathan Fencible Regiment

Need forged plate armor?
IM TincanX
Re: Ratha 04/21/2004 06:57 AM CDT
>I would like to add that folks wishing to help please feel free to visit and speak with a Rathan Commander we can let you know where triages etc are and which folks are leading attacks etc.

This is really the best way to go about it. As a Commander from Ilithi, I can tell you I had my own fears of being overun by multitudes of folks wishing to help. While their efforts would be welcomed, very welcomed, I also knew the dangers of added confusion to our already established routines.

I had mentioned in another post how it was very nice to see the true seperation of Provinces that we see during this war. Seperation in a way where most folks have picked the Province they wish to fight in and have stayed put. With this commitment, they also see the need to follow procedure. This would also carry over to any assistance to other Provinces. People have learned to cling to procedure. It adds a sense of security.

I had thought to travel to Ratha but our wise leader, Ferdahl Kukalakai, has instructed us to stay close to home with patrols only going as far north as Leth.

I am thrilled to see Ratha taken back. It gave me great pleasure to learn of this and I am anxious to see how the outcasts and pirates will respond. I think Jourok has surely lost face in the eyes of the Outcasts.

Commander Daxlynn
Ilithi Battering Rams
Re: Ratha the Free. 04/21/2004 11:04 AM CDT
From the Captain's Log...

It'd be da 21st day o' da 9th month an' tings be mostly goins da way we be fig'red. M'Riss an' Aesry still be lock'd up. Har! Me'll be collect'n tributes dere. Now, dat blasted barnacle infest'd ilse o' Ratha! Dem nibblets be caus'n more trouble den it'd be worth fer ole Jour an' da sash. Dey be knock'd down all whats we be puts up an' be gives a 'urt'n to me efforts. Dey even be burnt me beards! Me be tinks dat ole Aedem be 'av'n a bett'r go at it on Aesry so me'll 'ook up wif 'im after we be completes da drop. Da fleet be look'n mighty fine. Da crew o' da 'Singer be ready an' ole Jour be proud o' da lads, even ole Cleetus be ready fer a scrapple. Me be expect'n da ZEF t' be intercept'n da sash, but we be gots a surprise fer 'em...

By my hand,

Cap'n J. Halsn
Re: Ratha 04/21/2004 01:45 PM CDT

Well done Rathians. You folks kicked some major tail.

My heart was going out to you all, but I figured if we pulled out of Zoluren to come aid, even if it was needed (which obviously by the results it was not), that they would swing in and strike while we were on Ratha or one of the other islands.

Now that Ratha is free, I wager in no time at all the other islands will be as well.

Keep your swords sharp. They are not done with us yet. Not by a long ways.

~ Salute ~

Commander Candidus Custos
Vorclaf's Scythe
Zoluren Cavalry

"Til the Last, To the Last!"
Re: Ratha the Free. 04/21/2004 10:45 PM CDT
>M'Riss an' Aesry still be lock'd up. Har! Me'll be collect'n tributes dere.

LOL.

Dude, we're too lazy to come into your tower and kill you. You're surronded and not causing problems. What an idiot.

Tessaa
Defenses on Ratha 04/27/2004 04:06 PM CDT
Had a chance ter speak with the head of the local constabulary today after inspections were conducted. Ratha now has additional onagers and ballistas. Deckhands fer the Eskaith have been tasked with stocking munitions dumps fer each weapon, too. The weapons can move, but the stockpiles doan, so know where yer stockpiles are.

Also learned that the books missing from Sshoi-sson Palace were finally determined. Seems Aedem ran off with birth records dating from the year 262 ter 264 AV. There are a number of people who might've been born during that time, but my best guess'd be it was Aedem hisself.

Interesting that so many texts've been stolen by the pirates. First the military histories of Mer'Kresh, then the manuscript about the Menhir Stones of Aesry, and now birth records from Ratha. I doan believe that Aedem is starting a schoolhouse fer orphans, either.

That's all fer now,

Bass
Jousting Tournament on Ratha 7/15 07/14/2004 05:33 PM CDT
Please be aware that the oft-postponed Jousting Tournament on Ratha, the final qualifying event for the Championship Tournament of Jousting Season II, is ON for Thursday night, July 15, starting at 9 PM ET. Improvements in the stability of the game make it look like we'll have no problem getting the tournament in at last!

There will be 5 divisions. Division 1 is for those of circle 1-20; Div. 2 for those of circle 21-40; Div. 3 for those of circles 41-60; Div. 4 for those of circles 61-80; and Div. 5 for those who are circle 81 or above.

There are no guild or citizenship requirements to joust in this tournament! Just bring your horse, plate armor, a shield, and get ready to enjoy the fun and PRIZES!

There will be nice prizes for the top three finishers in each division, and the winner of each division will be qualified to go on to joust in the Championship on July 31.

If you've already qualified for the championship, you can't compete in this tournament. Well, you can't compete for prizes or a qualifying spot, but you CAN come joust for fun!

If you have questions or need a clarification of the rules or anything, please e-mail me at MatalyndDR@yahoo.com

We have been low on entries lately ... please show your support for jousting and join us! The location will be on the fourth tier of Ratha, just outside the Sur'oson gate, near the stables.

- Paladin Matalynd
Bard boat fund coming to Ratha! 02/12/2005 11:15 AM CST
Hello all!
Just giving you folks a heads up for a bard boat fund sale which will take place in Ratha. The plan is to have a small sale (around 10 - 15 items) which will be held at the auction boursar. Intended date and time are friday february 18, around 3-4 pm eastern (not final). The auction will be held by... well... ME!! and I'll be doing my best to give it a bardic flair. I hope to see you all there supporting our bard boat fund with wonderful buys.

The following is the list of items currently planned for the sale. How many exactly are put on sale will depend both on my time, and the success of this sale. If things go well and time permits, I might take out an extra item or two.

1)an ice-blue velvet gown trimmed with silvery embroidery - Along the edges of the gown are embroidered dryads dancing around their trees.

2)a silvery woven-leaf gown attractively embroidered with a seascape pattern in black thread - Cresting waves race toward the distant shore of an island silhouetted in the background as birds pinpoint the sky around it, diving for morsels from the ocean. A beautiful merchantman at full sail skims across the foam, its bow curving gently away from the island as it heads out to sea.

3)a ruddy leather cloak clasped with a dull golden shrike - The hooded cloak is crafted from heavy leather dyed the color of dried blood. The golden shrike clasp is scratched and dull.

4)a scarlet cashmere cavalier's cloak from inside your gold backpack - Sewn from the finest deep scarlet cashmere, the cloak displays excellent tailoring and care in the making. A rapier clasp of brushed gold gleams at the neckline. You also see a small label. Sewn into one seam of the cloak is a small label that reads: ~*Made by Andriane*~ Size Medium.

5)a motley jester's tabard of faded green and gold satin diamonds - The tabard's edges are bordered with cheap glass beads. Brass coins hang from each quilted diamond's tip and tiny brass bells line the dagged hems

6)a heavy gold cloisonne cloak pin with a rocky mountain trail in the moonlight - Bright gemstone colors are painted across the face of the pin. Glistening moonlight filters through the jade-colored forest that lines the steep rocky trail. A small niche, deep within the cliff face, holds an oiled black walnut psaltery as if the very mountain protects the precious instrument from the elements for its master.
A heavy gold cloisonne cloak pin reads:
"Never say never."

7)a fine linen apron embroidered with shimmering blue dolphins - The dolphins have been stitched using a metallic blue thread, giving them a shimmering quality.

8)a sequin edged scarf of fluid sapphire silk - Sewn onto one end of the scarf is a small label that reads: ~*Made by Andriane*~

9)a wide dwarven mining belt of sturdy worn leather - This leather belt, heavily scarred from years in the mines, is cleverly crafted to hold picks, axes and hammers. Etched on the inside of the belt are the words, "Crafted from an ancient Dwarven manuscript by Donol Waterbourne."

10)slender tree-shaped belt adorned with needleworked squirrels - The trunk of the tree forms the long slender belt, while a steel buckle coated with a light green patina serves as the boughs. Along the trunk, squirrels are depicted hiding acorns in various knotholes of the tree

11)a miniature cambrinth figurine shaped to resemble a winged-dragon

12)a faded vellum - Huldah's Pall

13)a braided mistwood wedding band set with a cabachon garnet - Each of the dark silver- and green-veined twigs was braided together on the tree as it grew, binding four separate strands into a single whole representing heart, mind, body and soul. The braids split and curve out at the center of the band to cradle a dark orange-red cabochon garnet. Being without beginning or end, rings such as these are prized by couples in northeastern Therengia as symbols of eternal love and the union of two lives into one.

14)a long golden baton inlaid in black opal with the image of a scaled dragon

15)a leather thigh quiver embossed with a pair of yellow wolf's eyes

Siltoth

Stealer of Silvy's Hugs
Re: Bard boat fund arriving at Ratha! 02/12/2005 03:48 PM CST
Probally, but so can you and probally a lot quicker.

___
Violence does not lead to more violence. The truth is that ineffective, unfocused violence leads to more death. However fully thought through, well executed violence never leads to more violence because afterwards, the other guys are all dead.
Re: Bard boat fund arriving at Ratha! 02/12/2005 11:24 PM CST
>>Probally, but so can you and probally a lot quicker.

Hehe, Never noticed it before. Thanks.

Siltoth

Stealer of Silvy's Hugs
Update to those of Ratha 04/03/2005 02:20 PM CDT
Islanders of Ratha,

Constable Cluff spoke with some of us yesterday to receive updates on happenings of the islands. Plans are moving forward for recommissions of commanders and will keep us posted. Several of Aesry were about and meet our fair constable offering their assistance to Ratha if needed. Cluff then reminded them the same was true of Ratha assisting the island of Aesry. Keep your eyes opened for more information as it is received.

Discussion was also held concerning a possible visit by one many have already heard about. Information on plans for this possible visit include first attempting communication to try and ward off attacks. Those that have not already been contacted with plans, please see me, Wabo, Beliel, Fragnor, or Nonomis for updates. Triage spots and plans of defense can be found through them.

More updates to come as I learn.

~Eoworfinia~
A scowling snow goblin glares in your direction. It then turns, bends over, and lifts a white fur tunic to reveal its bare posterior to you.
A meeting was held on Ratha 04/13/2005 01:49 PM CDT
::tacked to the door of the bank, hanging outside the sea caves under a rock, tacked here and there on the long stairs, you see several notices laying about::

Eoworfina hosted a meeting for the citizens of Rathan and Aesry alike. Some very informative information was passed on, regarding upcomming events. I highly recommend everyone get with anyone who was there (Eowor, Nonomis, Wabo, Myself, Waveshell, Spiritshadow, Alesyra, Palasix, a few others) to find out what was missed. This needs to be done SOON (PC soon, not Simu soon) to avert any possible calamities. Thank you.

Nazzarus Stormfall

"What do ya mean the goblin is wielding a greatsword? Since when can a goblin even.. OW!! why you little OW! Uh oh.. RUN AWAY!"
Re: A meeting was held on Ratha 04/13/2005 05:44 PM CDT
The same meeting is being held again (on the other calendar) Saturday at 3pm eastern.

Palasix

"Listen... smell that?" ~ Ray Stantz
Last Call for the Ratha bard boat fund concert 07/29/2005 10:24 AM CDT
A quick reminder for today's concert at 8 pm eastern. Perfroming Isaura and Siltoth, location: Ratha Auction Bourse (inside the bank).

Siltoth

Stealer of Silvy's Hugs
Re: Last Call for the Ratha bard boat fund concert 07/29/2005 02:45 PM CDT
Siltoth,

I am so sorry I'm not going to be there to help! I'm still in Shard currently and with my work schedule, there is no way I'm going to be able to get back to Ratha in time. Qi folks, be good to the bards, please! Good luck tonight!

~Eoworfinia~
A snow goblin reaches down and gently pets your corpse, then quickly looks about to make sure no one noticed.
Auction to Occur in Ratha Traders guild 12/27/2005 11:52 PM CST
With the Help of Kobmand I'll be having a vault auction on Friday January 6th at 6pm Central time (7EST/4PST) Elabela has donated a few items to the auction, and Kobmand may be tossing in a few of her own as well. Punch and pie will be provided.

See you there

- Nazaruss
Re: Auction to Occur in Ratha Traders guild 12/28/2005 09:10 AM CST
punch and pie?! I'm there

Souv

You sense (N, S) from your current position:
A relatively healthy presence nearby.
Roundtime: 6 seconds
Rathan Island Meeting 09/26/2006 03:04 PM CDT
Greetings Citizens,

I will be holding an island meeting (OOC - Sunday October 1st, at 10:00 pm. est.) in the ballroom of the Imperial Palm Inn to introduce myself and discuss island concerns. Afterwards there will be a short meeting to set up interviews for those wishing to apply for commander and ambassador positions. Please keep in mind that not all those who apply will be given commands since positions are limited. We hope to build a solid military, so we'll be starting out small and adding as needed.

Together we shall protect our home,

Patriarch Varne Redthorne

Representative, Council of the Nine Houses
Rathan Military and Court Appointments 10/03/2006 12:29 PM CDT
Greetings Rathan citizens,

My constables have been reporting some confusion amongst you concerning citizenship and appointments to the military and ambassador/emissary corps. In order to be considered for a command or ambassadorship it is required that you are a citizen of Ratha. Interviews will take place over the next couple of weeks with myself and Constable Drahlyn summoning you to come to the Constable's Office. To make the process go as smoothly as possible we encourage those seeking positions to stay close to home during this time.

We don't encourage people to run to change their citizenship just to try and get in this first round of appointments unless it was something you were already planning on doing for your own pleasure. Other positions will open in the future and since there is no guarantee that all interviewed will secure a position, we don't want people to be upset if they change their citizenship and don't get one.

By My Hand,

Chief Constable Joharn
Re: Rathan Military and Court Appointments 10/04/2006 01:44 PM CDT
Greetings Rathan citizens,

I have received word that some of you would like information on the ambassador/emissary duties before applying for these positions to serve the Council of Nine. Let me see if I can clarify it some.

General Requirements:

1. All applicants will be expected to be citizens of Ratha.
2. These are diplomatic positions and those comissioned will be expected to behave in a respectful manner as you will be representing Ratha and the Council.

Emissary:

1. The Emissary position is good for those who wish to stay close to home. They will be expected to travel between the islands to deliver information if the Council requires it.
2. An Emissary will be expected to keep the Council informed of any concerns or happenings throughout the islands especially on Ratha.
3. An Emissary may continue to live on Ratha and only travel when deemed necessary to keep the Council informed. The Council will depend on them to be their eyes and ears on Ratha. They will be expected to attend social and Council events as much as possible.

Ambassador:

1. Ambassadors will be expected to "live" in the province they are assigned, spending the bulk of their time there. That's not to say that they can't travel periodically but in order to be effective in the position you have to be in the area a good amount of the time.
2. Ambassadors will be the eyes, ears, and voice of the Council on the mainland, so attending their social and court functions as much as possible is expected.
3. Ambassadors will be asked to travel home periodically for meetings and to deliver reports.

By My Hand,

Chief Constable Joharn
Re: Rathan Military Final week of interviews 10/10/2006 04:16 PM CDT
Chief Constable Joharn and Constable Drahlyn want to finish all interviews by week's end.

If you've applied, please be on Ratha and not miss the chance of meeting with them when called.

~Averalaan
Re: Rathan Military Final week of interviews 10/11/2006 03:22 PM CDT
Ragran planned to attack Joharn the other day, but he wouldn't leave the Constables Office on the third tier. I'm sure he was was too frightened to do it. Couldn't frb cuz there were a bunch of onlookers. Tried to tingle his sword out of his hand, but one, the mana sucks so attempt failed, and two, the mana sucks. That would be third too.

He threatened to deport Rag. Ragran shall have his vengence!

:oP Ragran
Re: Rathan Military Final week of interviews 10/12/2006 01:23 PM CDT
I'm still looking to dig a bigger hole in Ragran's chest, but he hasn't been around. ::sigh:: Soon enough I suppose.

-Serc
Re: Rathan Military Final week of interviews 10/12/2006 01:35 PM CDT
insolence

:oP Ragran
Openings For Rathan Diplomatic Positions 02/15/2007 02:42 PM CST
Greetings Citizens of Ratha,

We will be interviewing in a couple of weeks for anyone interested in serving as either an ambassador to Zoluren or as an emissary to the islands. These positions are open to Rathan citizens only and if you wish to be considered for either position please give your name to our Recruitment Officer Averalaan.

By my hand,

Chief Constable Joharn Devdan
Any news on the Ambassador and Emissary appointments in Ratha? 04/03/2007 08:46 PM CDT
Are interviews still taking place or have they all been completed? Just wondering as I wasn't sure whether I should leave Ratha for a short trip or not.
Re: Any news on the Ambassador and Emissary appointments in Ratha? 04/04/2007 11:27 AM CDT
I spoke to one of the Constable's and interviews will be continuing through this week since they still have a few people to meet with.

GM Alvy
Re: Any news on the Ambassador and Emissary appointments in Ratha? 05/08/2007 07:07 AM CDT
Hi, I don't suppose there have been any further developments with regards to this? I'm not in a hurry to go anywhere other than Ratha but I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything announced elsewhere.
Re: Any news on the Ambassador and Emissary appointments in Ratha? 05/08/2007 07:48 AM CDT

All I know is that Triforce has been appointed as the new Therengian Ambassador from the Council.

~Wyndz
_________

Gwenddolyn moves over to guard some darned brown socks.
Gwenddolyn says, "his feet must be cold"

A gypsy scout slips from hiding and snatches up the sock then fades back into the shadows.
Re: Any news on the Ambassador and Emissary appointments in Ratha? 05/09/2007 12:45 PM CDT
Is he a red malevolent triforce or an alternatively blue or green, soothing, powerful and poorly guarded in equal great measure triforce?
Re: Any news on the Ambassador and Emissary appointments in Ratha? 05/09/2007 01:28 PM CDT
The Rathan Council has not officially announced the diplomatic positions since they have not as of yet all been filled. Two positions were assigned though, Mellicent as Ambassador to Zoluren and Triforce as Ambassador to Theren.

Congratulations to them both!

GM Alvy
Re: Any news on the Ambassador and Emissary appointments in Ratha? 05/09/2007 02:21 PM CDT
>> Is he a red malevolent triforce or an alternatively blue or green, soothing, powerful and poorly guarded in equal great measure triforce?

Only time will tell! :3

Rev. Reene

You take a sip of the wine.
>
Dornal says to you, "It's, ah, not the sort of wine you drink."
>
You say to Dornal, "No? But it tastes perfectly good."
>
Syralon says, "It's blasphemtastic."
Crosspost: Hotagi'rath Theater of Ratha Grand Reopening 07/25/2007 04:48 PM CDT
Crossposted From the Theren Folder (Original Post By VESTARA):

Hotagi'rath Theater of Ratha Grand Reopening 8/4/2007
DR-STANDARD: This is for DragonRealms Prime

Time: 10:00 pm est.

General Info: The Rathan High Council Of Nine invites you to attend the Grand Reopening of the Hotagi'rath Theater. The Theren Theatre Players have graciously accepted an invitation to entertain this eve by performing their play "The Sea Drake". Refreshments are provided for all in the lobby with citizens of Ratha having the option of dining in the Golden Lyre Club during the performance.

Location: Hotagi'rath Theater located in the theater district on the third tier of Ratha

NOTE: Sir Madigan has most graciously allowed his ship, the Dragon's Slave, to be used as transport from Haven to Ratha. The ship will be leaving the dock of Riverhaven at 9pm eastern, giving enough time for everyone to locate the theater before the performance begins at 10 pm eastern. The return trip from Ratha to Haven will take place at 12 am eastern.

NOTICE: The two private cabins are off - limits to all who wish to board on this passage.

Thank you, Madigan, for this wonderful opportunity for our loyal audience to attend the grand reopening of the Ratha Theater.

HR>eat trench
The Empath Guild Leader has determined that consuming a deep trench may be hazardous to your health.
Prev_page Previous 1 3