Tavern Troupe: Chris' Mass Carnival and Faire 12/13/2014 11:49 AM CST
It's getting near to that time of year (both in and out of game) where the Tavern Troupe pools all its resources and abilities to present one of the largest events we've ever done: The Chris' Mass Carnival and Faire!

For those of you who were not with us last year for the Carnival on the Amusement Pier in Crossings, let me go ahead and tell you what this is all about. Over the past three years the Tavern Troupe has presented either a Winter event or a Chris' Mass event which we have used to showcase all that is awesome about being in an Order within this game. We've taken all our perks as an official order and combined it with our eclectic group of members with the hopes of presenting you (the players) with a series of fun and entertaining activities to celebrate the holiday season. I, personally, have a strong desire to always do bigger and better than the year before so with that in mind we have extended the days available and added in even more to do during them.

This year we have been granted use of the appropriately-themed Winter area that was unvield last year during the Chris' Mass season, so look forward to some snowy activities in addition to returning crowd favorites from last year. As in previous endeavors, we will be having a super huge raffle that will run the entire length of the Carnival and has been filled with top-tier prizes for participants to win. Everything from quest prizes, to treasure finds, and even a few crafted things will be available to win. Just like last year, if you don't win one of our big prizes then don't worry. Everyone who buys a ticket will win something. Those who do not get one of the "numbered" prizes will have a chance to select an item from our grab bag, ensuring that nobody who buys a ticket will leave empty handed.

Here is a schedule of activities for this event along with the calendar description:

>Come one, come all! The Tavern Troupe Performing Order presents to you another Chris' Mass Carnival and Faire!

>The perfect chance to show off all those wonderful things you bought during the spider's recent visit. A lovely opportunity to grab your loved one and take them for a sled ride, or to hold each other close as you skate across the ice. Whatever you like to do!

>Charming buskers and street musicians every where you turn! Gifts! Games! Dancing! Yes, even fishing too! Sure to be a fun-filled party that you really don't want to miss!

Schedule:
12/22 - 8:00 PM Eastern - Opening Ceremony
12/22 - 10:00 PM Eastern - Under Siege Tournament - Qualifying
12/23 - 8:00 PM Eastern - Acting Games
12/23 - 10:00 PM Eastern - Guess Who?
12/26 - 8:00 PM Eastern - Fishing Contest
12/26 - 10:00 PM Eastern - Skating Lessons
12/27 - 7:00 PM Eastern - Ice Carving Contest
12/27 - 10:00 PM Eastern - Under Siege Tournament - Semi Finals
12/28 - 6:00 PM Eastern - Sledding Lessons
12/29 - 10:00 PM Eastern - Under Siege Tournament - Finals
12/29 - 11:00 PM Eastern - Chris' Mass Ball
12/30 - 8:00 PM Eastern - Raffle Drawing
12/30 - 11:00 PM Eastern - Closing Ceremony

>Raffle tickets will be sold during the time the carnival is open. The drawing will take place on the day before the carnival closing. Interested parties are asked to seek out Kasto, Kelela, Anjinson or Shenney to make a purchase. A list of Raffle Rules and Prizes can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/n6v9zle

>In addition to scheduled events, there will be several impromptu activities happening in the Chris' Mass area, as well as more events hosted by the other groups involved. Make sure to keep a watchful eye, ear and mind for gweth announcements and other notifications.

As a side note, we are always looking for more volunteers at this time to help make the event run smoother. If you think you're up for the challenge then I implore you to seek out Kasto in game and toss your name into the hat.

It bears mentioning that we could not accomplish this at all without the help of the GMs who have allowed us to use special areas and who have supported us in this massive undertaking. Most of all, we wouldn't be able to do anything without the support of GM Jhustis who keeps all the Orders in line and puts in work on all our behalf to make our events that much more awesome.

Anyways....

See you there!

Salute a drowned sailor? You ought to brush up on your protocol, Kasto.
Tavern Troupe: Chris' Mass Carnival and Faire - Recap 12/30/2014 11:10 PM CST
Yay! Finally reached the end of this nine day long event, and I just have it say that it's been amazingly awesome! Once again, the players we've interacted with over the past few days have been wonderful and appreciative of all the hard work we've put into pulling this off. Throughout the events, there have been a steady influx of whispers to me personally about how people have enjoyed the events and activities. It's comments like these, regardless if whispered or spoken out loud, that really encourage us to do this again and again.

Before I get into the little details of the activities we did, I want to take a moment to thank a few people who helped this be as great as it was:

First, our Orders GM, Jhustis. She does amazing work for us and has been very helpful with making sure all the Orders have access to everything they need in order to succeed. I really cannot expound upon her massive amount of help enough, but if it were not for her, many of our Order events would be nowhere near as great as they have been.

Secondly, my fellow Tavern Troupe officers and members. Namely: Shenney for always backing me up at events and coming up with her own awesome ideas, Anjinson who donated a large amount of items for our Raffle and always keeps our Order profitable, Kelela for being my "go to" helper with just about anything I ever need, Bellicia who has always volunteered any free time she has in order to work at our events, and all of the Troupe members for constantly supporting our leadership.

I'd also like to thank some non-Troupe folks who really helped the event go along, they are: Elriic who was there to join in on 75% of the games we held and make them that much more fun due to his participation, and Mistanna who has always offered her help with both moongates and gweths but also throws her name in on many games we play.

So, let's talk about winners and prizes and stuff like that.

Siegery Tournament:
1st place - Sebestyen
2nd place - Elriic
3rd place - Rhoslyn

Participants - Saslisena, Aislynn, Sebestyen, Padhg, Marssi, Vaerek, Ariya, Kerenelle, Rhoslyn, Zalan, Ianhanse, and Elriic.

Our three top placements each won a custom repair case filled with some pieces from the exclusive Beyond the Barrier undead set. A special mention goes to Padhg who did win his qualifying match against Sebestyen, but couldn't make the next round so he gave up his spot to his defeated opponent.

Various people won some of the smaller contests and activities we held, most of them either won platinum coins or raffle tickets.

And speaking of the raffle, we sold 1,251 tickets for a total of 6,255 platinum kronar. This does include tickets given as prizes because I paid for those out of my own bank. Anyone who saw the prize list would know that this is a far smaller number than how much could have been gained by auctioning these items or selling on DRsales, but thats not the point. The point is that people got nice things for a fraction of what they would have cost otherwise and had fun while doing it.

A full list of prizes along with the names of who won them can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/n6v9zle

Also, if you did not win a big prize but did buy a ticket. Speak to Kasto over the next few days and we'll arrange for you to select your prize from the pool of items we've placed in the grab bag.

In closing, once again, thank you to everyone for joining in our big holiday blast and we really hope you had a good time. We sincerely hope to make it even bigger and better next year, so hope to see you there!

Salute a drowned sailor? You ought to brush up on your protocol, Kasto.