King Arhhdan 02/09/2009 03:52 PM CST
I touched on it in one of my IC letters.

How is Arhhdan dealing with the events? I think his stake in the event is somewhat breezed over. Outcasts and Theren grow closer by the day, how long can one man sit on his hands and claim neutrality? While Im aware that the city has a history of "non-involvment" I wonder at the thoughts racing though his head. Does he feel his "non-involvment" stance has benefitted him in anyway? Will it continue to do so?

Many questions. Anyone with an idea?

~
It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.
-Fred Woodworth
Re: King Arhhdan 02/09/2009 04:06 PM CST
he's busy furnishing his palace with luxuries from all the steal'in fines imposed on :: cough::: certain individuals...
Re: King Arhhdan 02/09/2009 04:10 PM CST
Yeah, I would think the palace and the justice system would take much of his time. Or much of the time of those who are assigned to deal with such things. But stealing, fines, justice, this is all status quo. Im more interested in if the status quo has been interrupted by recent events.

Speaking of the palace...who all lives there?

~
It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.
-Fred Woodworth
Re: King Arhhdan 02/09/2009 04:29 PM CST
I also really wish Musparan politics came into greater play, especially during events such as these. Although I would like to add praise for whatever GM even brought Arhhdan in this last week. I understand there are not that many citizens of Velaka, and half of the ones that are remain Outcasts. But I really think the King should appoint some kind of Advisor or Court Liason to convey the wishes of Muspar'i to the general public.

Muspar'i typically does not get too involved in political affairs, and when they do they
are not known for taking up arms, but they should have a voice.

I think this is especially critical during the current series of events. If any other Musparans want to meet up and talk about this, I have been and will continue to be in the city for quite awhile. Just look me up.

~ Terra
Re: King Arhhdan 02/09/2009 04:42 PM CST
The King did come up when the outcast war started, since I used him to leverage the outcast king into letting me and a couple of my close associates into haven to remove bodies and such. All I had to do was threaten to tell the king that the sand elves have broken their trade agreement with the s'kra.
Re: King Arhhdan 02/09/2009 05:35 PM CST

>>But I really think the King should appoint some kind of Advisor or Court Liason to convey the wishes of Muspar'i to the general public.

My character is still appointed as Ambassador to Muspar'i until the Baron officially replaces her. When Wyndz was appointed as Court Advisor, the positions were somewhat condensed into one.

~Wyndz~
_______

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Re: King Arhhdan 02/09/2009 06:03 PM CST
>>My character is still appointed as Ambassador to Muspar'i until the Baron officially replaces her. When Wyndz was appointed as Court Advisor, the positions were somewhat condensed into one.<<

You're an Ambassador to Muspar'i? I'm sure you do a fine job with Theren, but I'd like to see a seperate position created for someone better fit to represent Muspar'i. The citizen list is slim, but off the top of my head the citizens I know of are: Terra, Alexii, Sok, Syralon, Szrael,Purnay, Tiso (I think), Porram, Venditu (some cleric who's name starts with V, sorry) and well, I guess that's all I can think of right now. I see Izude around a lot, but I don't know if he's a citizen.

~ Terra
Re: King Arhhdan 02/09/2009 07:15 PM CST
According to Elanthians.com, we have at least these. There may be more, people who have just opted not to include their citizenship in their profile:

Alexii
Bagsodoks
Darkin
Latathi
Leyhan
Michie
Porram
Purnay
Sarkranis
Schvartzgonif
Sensusharr
Siobhannic
Sok
Szrael
Teldre
Terra
Valelaer

I'm sure there are others. I'd love to see some sort of Musparan position open up. I'm pretty sure Szrael would not be the woman for the job, but it would be great if there was someone in a position of power appointed by Muspar'i who had more than outcast interests in mind.

Arhhdan comes out so rarely that I think many players mistakenly believe that Muspar'i is the city of the outcasts. I've seen logs of Raenilar giving audiences right outside the gates. It's very discouraging.

-- Player of Szrael --

\x'Empathic shock is a purely physical reaction with no moral or ethical component.\r
Re: King Arhhdan 02/09/2009 07:30 PM CST
>> Arhhdan comes out so rarely that I think many players mistakenly believe that Muspar'i is the city of the outcasts. I've seen logs of Raenilar giving audiences right outside the gates. It's very discouraging.

Especially since it would disrupt trade. I kind of picture Muspar'i like Switzerland (+ 80 degrees Fahrenheit or so) - stay out of conflict as long as there's money to be made. But the issue has certainly passed that point.

I'm a bit of a hypocrite since I don't spend much time up there, but I'd certainly join the cause if it seemed like fun (as long as I don't have to break a nail or anything ghastly).

Latathi, proud daughter of Sraan Mhhg
Re: King Arhhdan 02/09/2009 09:10 PM CST
bagsodoks and schvartzgonif savakian are also velakan citizens.

you can look up people by citizenship for those that have it listed on their profile on elanthians.com
Re: King Arhhdan 02/09/2009 09:29 PM CST
>>you can look up people by citizenship for those that have it listed on their profile on elanthians.com<<

Szrael already did this for us.

~ Terra
Re: King Arhhdan 02/09/2009 09:43 PM CST
Tiso is a citizen

~You can not have a conversation with nodding heads.~
~Issues are like last year's bad clothing styles. They are forgotten till someone shows up in them.~
Re: King Arhhdan 02/09/2009 11:21 PM CST
I think he wants a piece of the Queen too.
Re: King Arhhdan 02/09/2009 11:23 PM CST
As is Raeyshactos and Veralika
Re: King Arhhdan 02/10/2009 11:53 AM CST
Id really like to see a "Public Liaison" position of some sort. Would be good to have someone who is in "tune" with the population. I think it would take a well-"versed" person to transform the "chorus" of voices into a single request. It would be nice to have a player who can elaborate on the "strings" behind the scenes.

Like all the music references, Terra?

~
-Fred Woodworth
Re: King Arhhdan 02/10/2009 12:00 PM CST
>>Like all the music references, Terra?<<

I like where you're going with that.

~ Terra
Re: King Arhhdan 02/11/2009 01:24 AM CST

I think you're mistaking the Ambassador TO Muspar'i for one that would represent Muspar'i.

~Wyndz~
_______

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Re: King Arhhdan 02/11/2009 06:12 AM CST
in that case i think bagsodoks would make a good representative of, or ambassador FROM Muspar'I. Trader, S'Kra, and Neutral when it comes to fighting. :-). And he's been a citizen there for a very long time.