Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: How to become nobility? 09/20/2005 03:27 PM CDT
<<I agree, except for the use of the RPA/PIRP system to grant such titles. I know many good RPers who have very few RPAs and aren't in the PIRP system. I fear that a system of nobility using the RPA/PIRP system as a qualification would simply reward so-called "event-chasers."

To a certain extent I agree...however, it would offer those that 'desire' some form of proof a way to gain it, and in doing so they premote their and other RP's.

<<You are not supposed to go out of your way.

Agreed. I give out PIRP and RPA's pretty often, even for the slightest form of RP. It's the genius of the PIRP system, you could potentially reward non-PIRP members with up to 3 points in one shot to show them you appreciated their RP and it was a good time. I often give 1 PIRP, just to spread the wealth, but I have sometimes given 2 or even 3...but that's neither here nor there.

<<50 rpa's gets you in.

Not so sure on that, given I know people with under 40. Back in the day, I think if a GM nominated you for the PIRP system you were rewarded it. Since then, I myself have actually increased the number of PIRP points I could give out -- unless that was only because the first month or so was a trial.

<< I simply think that the true test of whether someone can RP nobility should be how well they play the part, not how many RPAs they have.

I agree, however, RPA's can (and given the fact there is a system used to track Role player's and their progress) it can be a good 'basis' for testing people in their ability to RP challenging PC roles, ie: nobility.

~The Blackfire Mage Magmus
Re: How to become nobility? 09/20/2005 04:26 PM CDT
I run out of PIRP points halfway through a month every month. :(

~Dreamheart
Re: How to become nobility? 09/20/2005 08:28 PM CDT
IM me next time ya run out, Dreamheart, I kin give PIRPs to whoever ya like...I always forget to use mine.

:P

Addle
Re: How to become nobility? 09/20/2005 09:02 PM CDT
mental note... catch Dreamie in the beginning of the month

Souv

You sense (N, S) from your current position:
A relatively healthy presence nearby.
Roundtime: 6 seconds
Re: How to become nobility? 09/20/2005 09:11 PM CDT
Can someone explain what PIRP is or point me in the right direction to find out?

ST
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page