Bastard Heir... 11/25/2003 03:21 PM CST
<<Also, Keresyk is a bastard? The heir apparent of Zoluren is a bastard child of the mayor of Leth Deriel and a quasi-pirate? That's just interesting. But still, he seems like a well enough brought up kid.>>

While I am unsure as to Keirnen and Lindryl's current marital status, I believe that they are still unmarried. Why? Because Lindryl and Ralel's was a political marriage. One that secured her (if not the right/appointment to the Leth Deriel Mayorship) -- a place in the Elvish Court.

At least, that's how I perceived it. She has always loved Keirnen, etcetera, etcetera.

At least, that's how I saw it. Some information has come to light that she is related to Vorclaf through common relatives in that line -- slightly deposed but recognized royalty.

I'm sure someone will correct me -- as there is some supposition on my part.

~/\/\eanne~

This is the dead land
This is cactus land
Here the stone images
Are raised, here they receive
The supplication of a dead man's hand
Under the twinkle of a fading star.

IM me @: BlackfireMagess
Re: Bastard Heir... 11/25/2003 04:09 PM CST
Also, from my all-to-brief experience with Keirnen, I do not think he is merely just an unimportant quasi-pirate, but something significantly more in the means of Rissan uhm-- government.

Well, it was just very VAGUELY implied, but :> He might look brash and roughly masculine in a Clark Gable sort of way -- but appearances can be deceiving.

~/\/\eanne~

This is the dead land
This is cactus land
Here the stone images

Re: Bastard Heir... 11/25/2003 04:42 PM CST
Only thing that can be deceiving is Clark Gable.

Missing In Action,
Fragonrok LMerzson
Soldier of Aesry Surlaenis'a
Re: Bastard Heir... 11/25/2003 05:38 PM CST
I love the Gable :(

~/\/\eanne~

This is the dead land
This is cactus land
Here the stone images

Re: Bastard Heir... 11/25/2003 06:08 PM CST
You would.

Missing In Action,
Fragonrok LMerzson
Soldier of Aesry Surlaenis'a
Re: Bastard Heir... 11/26/2003 06:25 AM CST
Also, from my all-to-brief experience with Keirnen, I do not think he is merely just an unimportant quasi-pirate, but something significantly more in the means of Rissan uhm-- government.
Keirnen is far more then just another trader. He is the son of Misdilev the ruler of Mriss. The rissan royalty prefers to weild their power from the background so they dont have to deal with assasination attempts and the like. If you observe Vorclaf's behavior when he and Kiernen interact theres a familiarity that is only acceptable between two men of the same social class. Vorclaf respects the rissans desire for privacy and will not out Keirnen in court. Lindryl will speak of *marrying well* which she did when she married Keirnen since the Allvars are not only royals but disgustingly rich.

Deloria.....Rissan War Witch
Re: Bastard Heir... 11/26/2003 07:26 AM CST
Ralel stil has his manor in Chelsea Overlook- I checked out of curiousity recently.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Bastard Heir... 11/27/2003 12:22 AM CST
Well said Deloria 'dahling', thank you for the information :) I'd been wondering <pout>

Just to be sure -- the marriage to Ralel was formally disolved? Rissans do, after all, have interesting wedding customs :>

~/\/\eanne~

This is the dead land
This is cactus land
Here the stone images

Re: Bastard Heir... 11/28/2003 12:00 AM CST
>>>After being absent for so long, it seems rather irrelevant that they are(were?) bonded.<<<

Not if you are an Elf.

A ship's rat scurries into view.
The ship's rat tries to tend its wounds.
Re: Bastard Heir... 12/02/2003 12:24 PM CST
>Ralel stil has his manor in Chelsea Overlook- I checked out of curiousity recently.

thanks I haven't riden the ferry in a while.

Arrys
Re: Bastard Heir... 12/02/2003 06:10 PM CST
Ralel really was such a figure of curiousity in the community. People have posted before as to his end, but does anyone know, for sure, what happened?

(The last I saw of him was in an OOC log of horses being tested.)

~/\/\eanne~

This is the dead land
This is cactus land
Here the stone images

Re: Bastard Heir... 12/02/2003 06:14 PM CST
Knowing Lindryl's Rissan kin... one can speculate; but, as with Jimma Hoffa, we may never know for sure.
Re: Bastard Heir... 12/02/2003 06:45 PM CST
I last saw Ralel on the night the old Prince died. He was outside the gates of DiSilveron. Lost track of him shortly after the ball began.

-Kilan

<iMike> monty python would be funny if nerds hadnt invented an entire subculture devoted to quoting it
Re: Bastard Heir... 12/04/2003 02:06 PM CST
>I last saw Ralel on the night the old Prince died. He was outside the gates of DiSilveron. Lost track of him shortly after the ball began.

Likewise, thats my last memory of him.

Arrys
Re: Bastard Heir... 12/14/2003 11:04 AM CST
Ralel? Last I believe anyone really 'heard' or 'saw' of him was at the Temple (or some other religous place). Dug up the bone of a high priest(ess) and mounted it to the hilt of his scimitar. Said he was going into the West to fight the undead. There's a log, and I have it, but can't find it for the life of me.

Good guy though...

~The Blackfire Mage Magmus