To Mayor Hunlynd Turmar of Dirge 03/16/2018 07:20 PM CDT
Mayor Hunlynd,

No doubt by now you have heard that there was a disruption at Zelka's scheduled story-telling event held in the Darkstone Inn this morning, but what you may not know is the exact cause of this disruption. I want to make sure you have the chance to lay blame where it deserves to be.

A member of the Inquisition and zealot of the Dark Gods (Drogor in particular) known as Whiteburn was in attendance, and up until a point was not causing any problems. When it came her turn to tell a story, as she had previously agreed to do, she saw fit to stop the proceedings and question Zelka as to why she was "tolerating the presence of Necromantic filth". This naturally caused Zelka to become very afraid, which Whiteburn played into even more in an attempt the rile the crowd against her perceived enemies.

Unfortunately Zelka chose to cancel her event and flee the area due to fear that she might become ill in the presence of necromancers. Many tried to assuage her fears and restore calm, but the damage that Whiteburn had done was too much to salvage the event. She was most afraid of becoming unable to visit a secluded island town, which she has been working very hard toward for years now. I don't blame her for taking such precautions where her own health is concerned, but it's sad that the storytelling had to be cut short due to one person's actions.

Mayor, I am sure that there were necromancers in attendance to Zelka's event, but they caused no disruptions themselves. Whiteburn was even told that people like Velzor were being allowed in the town by the Prince's decree, so long as they behaved themselves, but that only angered her further. I do not believe it was her place to beat the drums of her god's justice in your town and in defiance of the Prince's orders.

It is not my place to tell you how to act, and I have my own biases to be considered, but I implor you to take appropriate action. If Whiteburn is allowed to attend the Blessing of the Volcano temple ceremony she may cause even more disruptions.

Sincerely,
Yvela Vorhalt.