A neatly folded letter sealed with the Denesal crest. 02/11/2017 06:16 PM CST
422 years 260 days AVL
Dearest Mother,
I am sorry I haven't been able to get out to the estate to see you, but Emmilyn has not been feeling her best and with the Prince holding his government council meetings in our home, the stress continues - for us both. Today the Elpalzi invaded again, and I feel as if it is ann endless struggle on both sides. We pull, they push and ultimately no one gets anywhere; there is only stagnation. Emmilyn feels the same way but neither of us have any good solution, the path to the old keep of Sorrow's is blocked and we are still unable to determine how they get in and out. Although having seen the troops in action I imagine it has something to do with their magic, and the slight taint that they posses.
The council has, of course, reached out to the Elpalzi who remain in the village. At best, we get sad looks and lukewarm assurances that they are dedicated to peace, but something seems off. I cannot put my finger on it. Of course, this is just from reading the reports and listening to the stories. I think next time we send a delegation, I will go myself. They are so like us, yet not. I look forward to meeting with them.
Emmilyn thanks you for the black and white striated ghost orchids. They are hauntingly ethereal (her words, not mine) and are perfuming our bedroom with their lovely scent. It reminds me of my childhood and working in the greenhouses with you.
I close with love to you and Father. Grigoire requested I send his regards when I wrote next, and since I know he has not written or visited in months, I begrudgingly send them.
Yours,
Liev

~Evike
Re: A neatly folded letter sealed with the Denesal crest. 02/11/2017 06:51 PM CST

During the attack on the crossing, this note was found. I did me best to responsibly hand the note off to the local leaders so they could perhaps help out in some way. I fear I let them down and we were not able to help...

The paper reads: Please help us. I don't have a choice, but they are taking us from our village and forcing us to fight -- threatening our families that we leave behind. Forgive me.
Along the bottom of the paper, you notice, By my hand - Xalpenet, son of Uain, conscripted bowyer

I pray Phelim's vengeance be granted to the families of the innocent, Geva executed him....

The feeble old swamp shaman,
Cadderrly
Re: A neatly folded letter sealed with the Denesal crest. 02/12/2017 06:01 PM CST
Xalpenet walked the other day

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html