Kudos to GMs: Recent Kra'hei Event 06/14/2020 06:49 AM CDT
Wanted to thank Staff for the recent Kra'hei Event Friday night. Players on the S'Kra side of things are very happy about the event and I heard back from a few non-S'Kra players who enjoyed it and are looking to be a part of the future of the Kra'hei.

Specific things that were great and appreciated:

1. Using a pirate invasion to keep things fun when the moons went down and we had to sail to Ratha.

2. Unveiling the history of the Kra'hei with some great S'Kra lore and locations.

3. Giving us action based choices to choose how to deal with the Kra'hei leader.

Its going to be fun and interesting to see what the future holds for the Kra'hei!
Re: Kudos to GMs: Recent Kra'hei Event 06/14/2020 08:36 AM CDT

Sounds awesome.
Re: Kudos to GMs: Recent Kra'hei Event 06/14/2020 02:34 PM CDT
I'll add onto this. It was a great time and I loved how flexible the GM was with reacting to each of the characters that came along to the event.

Thank you for the fun RP!

---
Inauri
Re: Kudos to GMs: Recent Kra'hei Event 06/14/2020 04:17 PM CDT

I just want to jump on the bandwagon of cheering on this new paradigm of choose your own outcome eventing. Huge kudos to the GM wbo initially proposed it, and to the players who are responding to it! We are really excited to do more with this and see what you all decide!

You sense you can DANCE SILLY to demonstrate your desire for more events!

You are certain you could HUG the whirling mass of razor sharp swords, and nothing at all would go wrong.

You're pretty sure the Immortals would be amused if you SPIT on their altar. Yes. Amused.
Re: Kudos to GMs: Recent Kra'hei Event 06/14/2020 07:19 PM CDT
>>You're pretty sure the Immortals would be amused if you SPIT on their altar. Yes. Amused.

Seriously?

~Gab
Re: Kudos to GMs: Recent Kra'hei Event 06/14/2020 07:49 PM CDT
>Seriously?

Well how else to you think the Clerics manage to get that extra shine?

---
Inauri
Re: Kudos to GMs: Recent Kra'hei Event 06/14/2020 08:48 PM CDT
>>Well how else to you think the Clerics manage to get that extra shine?

Not seeing the humor here.

~Gab
Re: Kudos to GMs: Recent Kra'hei Event 06/15/2020 06:16 AM CDT
>>Not seeing the humor here.

Koror was poking humor at the new actionable Event choices. It was meant to be silly, not serious.
Re: Kudos to GMs: Recent Kra'hei Event 06/15/2020 08:44 AM CDT
>Not seeing the humor here.

Are you German? That might explain it.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Kudos to GMs: Recent Kra'hei Event 06/15/2020 02:50 PM CDT

I would just like to know if it's now possible to spit on an altar and hopefully someone will answer that for me. I personally find it too offensive to test or to ask anyone to do it for me. I am hoping the GM who posted that remark, or perhaps another GM will confirm one way or the other.

~Gab
Re: Kudos to GMs: Recent Kra'hei Event 06/15/2020 03:05 PM CDT
The post was made in jest, and was in reference to the new mechanics we have been using during events to allow characters to communicate their choices.

We have not changed any mechanics in game as a result of this new method of event choice selection. All choices in events so far have been presented with benign in game roleplaying verbs purely meant to be a means for communicating with us, the GMs, what the characters would like to do. For example, LEAN FORWARD or POINT UP, to indicate 'choice A' or 'choice B'. Note these choices have been presented with a fair amount of direct instruction/clarification, for example, this was part of the text sent to a player during an event:

"You can redirect the bolt by POINT [OtherPlayer], POINT [AnotherPlayer], or deal with the strike yourself if you LEAN BACK! You must decide quickly!"

All choices have been presented with existing in game roleplaying verbs. There is no implementation of spitting on altars, nor is there mechanical support for it. Sometimes, there are bad choices presented, with potential consequences that would be reasonable for such an action.
Re: Kudos to GMs: Recent Kra'hei Event 06/15/2020 03:55 PM CDT
>Not seeing the humor here.

That is unfortunate for you.

---
Inauri
Re: Kudos to GMs: Recent Kra'hei Event 06/15/2020 04:39 PM CDT
>>There is no implementation of spitting on altars, nor is there mechanical support for it.

Thank you very much for the response. I probably overreacted and obviously misundersood, but I must say I saw red when I read it.

Appreciate all that you do.

~Gab
Re: Kudos to GMs: Recent Kra'hei Event 06/15/2020 05:00 PM CDT
I approve.

go shri
[Shrine of Ushnish]
In a dark, fetid alley, hard behind the Viper's Nest Inn, you happen upon a small shrine. Kicking away what appears to be rubbish from around it, you reveal a sculpted granite image of the serpent god Ushnish. Seeing that, you realize with a shudder that it is not rubbish you just pushed aside, but offerings of dead rats, uncured, fresh skins and other offal left by devotees of the viper-headed deity. You're positive that the remainder of this post is a flat out lie.
Obvious paths: out.

> spit alt
You spit on the ground.
> spit on altar
You spit on the ebony altar.
> tap altar
You tap an ebony altar.
> spit
You spit on the ground.

---
Inauri
Re: Kudos to GMs: Recent Kra'hei Event 06/15/2020 05:25 PM CDT
>>There is no implementation of spitting on altars, nor is there mechanical support for it.

>Thank you very much for the response. I probably overreacted and obviously misundersood, but I must say I saw red when I read it.

You... you know the gods in DR aren't real, right?

- Saragos
Re: Kudos to GMs: Recent Kra'hei Event 06/16/2020 02:05 PM CDT
>>You... you know the gods in DR aren't real, right?

Lies! I also tried out SPIT ALTAR just to see if it was possible. Next day I lost my wallet and my garden was raided by raccoons. Zachriedek is the truth.

- Anuind Silverspruce

Any drunken idiot can fall off a bar stool, a real man rides it to the ground.
Re: Kudos to GMs: Recent Kra'hei Event 06/16/2020 02:10 PM CDT

Off topic, but Walrus, I love your quote, had me laughing outloud...just because I have done it more than once in my lifetime......lol

Dalkin/Jim