Warrior Mage Event on 5.9.2020 05/10/2020 01:15 PM CDT
[Northeast Wilds, Grimsage Way]
An enormous tower of grey marble rises imposingly from the ground, its stones fitted so closely that it appears to be one seamless spear of earth. The top of the tower gleams brightly, the light reflecting from the panes of a skylight set into the roof. A set of gleaming ebonwood doors inlaid with gold lead into the tower.
You also see a green-eyed tiger-striped lynx, a small fiery fissure, a spotted cream and gold owl, a shockingly pink piglet with expressive doe-eyes behind long glittery eyelashes that is sitting, a red roan horse, a black panther that is sitting and a bucket of viscous gloop.
Also here: Soye Sanborroc Itto who has a stony visage, Kirrans, Vision Sage Miskton, Professor of Medicine Rufutie, Favored Marssi, Swashbuckler Ezerak, Salvalis, Latheon, Lore Keeper Broichan, Julsie, Warbler Budnik, Jesterz, Talmoon, Rifkinn, Mountain Lady Ayrell, Soye Sanborroc Nazaruss, Arcane Researcher Xelten, Thunderclay, Heartless Raithren, Carnage Darling Dantia, Ambassador Angel who is darkened by an unnatural shadow, Rahek who is sitting, Perune, Ikevindy, Zextan who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Tart Connoisseur Eoworfinia who is sitting, Daughter of the Dark Elabela and Wildling Dexstar who is sitting.
You join Perune's group.
Perune asks Ayrell, "If anyone shows up late would you mind be the person who runs down to grab them?"
Xelten asks in Ilithic, "I am as fond of the rain as anyone, but perhaps it would be prudent to wait inside?"
Ayrell says to Perune, "Of course."
Rifkinn sarcastically asks you, "Playing with fate, ripping holes in fabric?"
Nazaruss says to Itto, "Mine's custom, but I gave it to the guild."
Perune says, "We're moving in."
You say, "This wasn't me, Rifkin."
Itto says, "Uh...okay."
Perune asks, "Anyone else?"
Elabela stares up with a look of wonder.
Perune asks, "Or do we have everyone?"
Isenriel quietly says, "... If it would be acceptable, I have a sermon to offer when we are in the place proper."
Marssi asks, "What kind of sermon?"
Rufutie asks, "This is not where we are supposed to be?"
Talmoon quietly asks, "A sermon prior to a lecture?"
Perune says to Isenriel, "We're not conducting the experiment today, if that matters."
Perune says, "We're heading upstairs."
Elabela looks around at something that you can't see, laughing softly in amazement.
Isenriel quietly says, ".. Nay, it does not matter. It is a simple recitation of an old prayer to Meraud."
Perune says, "Last Warning! If you want into the lecture, follow me now."
Rufutie asks, "Who do I join?"
Perune says, "I grabbed you Rufutie."
Elabela darkly says in Ilithic, "Your joined already, dear."
Perune says, "We're heading up."
Perune says, "Warrior Mages, feel free to go up the stairs and meet Mazrian in the hall of history."
Perune says, "Everyone else, when I show you to the elemental, please head up."
Rufutie says, "Ohh okies thank you Perune."
Elabela darkly says, "Poor Aaoskar."
Perune asks, "Can everyone get up?"
An elemental of electricity blocks Talmoon's way, saying, "You have been warned, Talmoon. You may not pass!"
Rifkinn quietly says to Marssi, "How is it, no matter where we go, you always manage to outshine every one in the room."
As Marssi begins to climb the stairs, a swirling vortex of wind appears before her. In a voice like the banshee wail of the north wind, the air elemental says, "Nay, mortal. Only those of the Warrior Mage Guild may pass."
Isenriel quietly says, "... You seem to have missed me."
Talmoon quietly says, "Hmm."
Perune says, "Try again."
Talmoon quietly says, "I as well."
You say, "They don't like me."
Perune says, "Weird."
Perune says, "Head east."
Isenriel quietly says, "... There we are."
Mazrian says, "One can hope. He's very dedicated to his task."
Mazrian says, "Which is, mostly, standing there at the door and keeping people out."
Mazrian says, "Afternoon, Miskton."
Raithren says, "Oh there thanks."
Miskton says, "Good afternoon."
Mazrian says, "Refresments are on the table. Please, make yourselves comfortable."
Elabela darkly says, "Since you promised sandmiches."
Mazrian says, "If you're taking a Stone Seat, please try not to summon it through the carpet."
You say, "My favorite."
Rifkinn says to Marssi, "I did not like how he seperated us."
Raithren says, "I shall never leave, my plot to infiltrate the guild is successful."
Perune says, "Alright, sorry about the chaos."
Marssi says, "They will try."
You offer your Katamba-black whiskey to Rifkinn, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.
Rifkinn says to Marssi, "They will fail."
Raithren says, "I get to know all the juicy secrets of Warrior mages."
Ezerak asks Ayrell, "Care for a drink, love?"
Rifkinn says to you, "Thank you, but i do not drink."
Isenriel recites:
"*Meraud Muses*"
by Sartor
> 'i always knew there was something funny about you
You say, "I always knew there was something funny about you."
Ayrell says to Ezerak, "A drink sounds lovely."
Isenriel reads:
"O farthest-sighted masterful Meraud,
You know our past, time out of mind, a god
Remembering our beast-like days when we
Kept each his mind in silent secrecy.
Nazaruss says, "Ok, that's everyone outside and downstairs."
Isenriel continues:
"You pitied then our mute and mortal state,
And so that we might worlds of words create,
You gave us speech, and taught us to aspire
To kindle fleeting breaths to lasting fire.
Jorenn says, "The air elemental is lowering its standards, it looks like."
Perune says, "Isenriel will be giving a short sermon before we begin."
"Not yet content, a burden you unsealed,
A burden and a joy, your quest revealed--
To join your search to probe each hidden lore
And solve the riddle at creation's core.
Ikevindy softly says to Dantia, " ikomik aksa, achuks ulasa nak dirka! nice to see you again."
Talmoon quietly asks, "It was forced to, eh?"
Isenriel continues:
"To ready us, you gave a second gift,
Writing, the bridge that overleaps time's rift,
And joins the generations yet to be
And those long gone in one community.
Rifkinn says to you, "Oh, thats just called my charismatic aura."
Isenriel concludes:
"Twice-blessed, we offer you our double laud,
For each beneficence, one deep, one broad.
Accept our humble promise in return,
To strive, to seek, to think, to speak, to learn.
Amen."
Isenriel looks up and sighs, smiling.
Dantia happily says to Ikevindy, "And I you! I always enjoy these discussion."
Isenriel tilts his head down.
Perune says to Isenriel, "Thank you."
You applaud.
Isenriel nods to Perune.
Xelten nods to Isenriel.
Mazrian smiles.
Thunderclay looks at Isenriel and applauds!
Isenriel opens his prayer tome.
Rifkinn nods to Isenriel.
Ayrell says to Ezerak, "Thank you, darling."
Mazrian says, "Thank you all for coming. Please grab some refreshment, have a seat, and then get settled as we start the talk."
Elabela darkly says, "Just dont kiss it , be stunning kiss."
Nazaruss says, "Still no rum."
Angel says to Nazaruss, "He or she? Does not seem to like me."
Perune says, "Tonight we are going to be discussing the next experiment involving a joint effort between the Warrior Mages and the Bards. It is a continuation based on the previous success we have had here in the Guild."
Elabela darkly says, "I cant promise rum i have some butyour not getting my flask."
Nazaruss says to Angel, "They don't like anyone."
Perune says, "To start off, I am going to outline the results of the experiment for those who either weren't there for the undertaking or missed the final review given by Uryutis."
Mekage says to Mazrian, "Thanks."
Perune says, "In our previous experiment, we attempted to use an opening to the Plane of Aether to weave and hold a firm patch of pure Aether and examine the results of the restrained weave."
Mekage says, "Oh man chicken wings."
Perune says, "This was done because our understanding of Aether is that it does not tend to be restrained in this manner, it reverts back to its original position quickly when manipulated."
Perune says, "This was also done to observe any oddities that might take place within such a patch, as the aetheric field of our Plane acts as a type of barrier to extraplanar influences."
Perune says, "This experiment produced an anomaly which took the fissure used to draw aether, and wrapped our weave around it. contorting into a perfect tunnel to the Plane of Aether."
Perune says, "The end result was an unbreachable tunnel, at least at that scale and magnitude."
Perune says, "Extraplanar forces were observed being unable to breach the specific tunnel. Firulf himself displayed a sign of tapping this tunnel with his staff, and the tunnel remained unchanged."
Xelten asks, "Could you elaborate on that point?"
Perune says, "Not really, it was a Clerical observation that only one Priest had and I am not that Priest."
Perune says, "Anyone curious about it can speak with Liurilias."
Angel says, "Good grief Elabela."
Elabela darkly says, "What i like boozs that pack a good punch."
Perune says, "Moving on, though. We know these type of openings have been done by researchers before, and likely often, however, Uryutis assures us that our method has never been done, and not with this type of success."
Perune says, "He was rather floored by the result."
Perune says, "Thus, we're moving forward into new territory with the understanding that we can create an impenetrable tunneling under certain conditions."
Angel says to Isenriel, "Be careful with that one."
Angel taps a black silk-bound book titled "The Plane of Abiding" that she is holding.
Perune says, "Many of my colleagues have an interest in learning more about the planes themselves, and thus, our next experiment will be to use this technique in opening a gateway to the Plane of Electricity."
Jorenn asks, "Will the Bards Guild play a role in that experimental process as well?"
Elabela darkly says, "Boozs abuse."
Perune says, "Absolutely. The aetheric procedure relies on Bardic techniques."
Perune says, "Specifically, the harmonic connection the Bards have plays a role in manipulating Aether."
Mekage says, "Ahh there we go."
Elabela darkly says, "Oh your funny."
Perune says, "So a strong showing of Bards will be quite crucial."
Jorenn says, "We'll marshal our best and brightest."
Xelten asks, "Can you elaborate on the difference between your method and those used previously? Is it the inclusion of Bardic manipulation? Is it the number or strength of mages involved?"
Perune says, "The Bardic Inclusion was a big part of it."
Perune says, "The Warrior Mage guild rarely works with outside sources. Research is conducted in cloisters known only to the Grove."
Perune says, "Anywho, one of the reasons we chose the Plane of Electricity is that it is the only elemental plane we know of that has actual spatial dimension."
Mazrian says, "If we could hold questions until after the presentation, I think many of them will be answered."
Nazaruss asks, "Oh? Nothing to do with the Rathan philosophical view of it being the opposite of Aether?"
Perune says, "Thus, in some small measure, while likely hostile to life, it can actually support someone being within it. Unlike the Plane of Aether, where the anomaly tore apart anyone who approached it."
Ayrell says, "Quite literally."
Perune says, "No, some small testing has shown that the understanding of opposites in that specific measure is actually false."
Nazaruss says, "Fascinating, I'll poke your brain about it later."
Perune says, "We do not intend to actually enter the Plane on this test, simply to see if we can successfully open the way."
Perune says, "And observe the interior."
Perune says, "Or peek from this side, basically."
Rifkinn quietly says to you, "Sounds like what the kid said befor he poked the hornets nest."
Perune says, "To get more into specifics..."
You grin at Rifkinn.
Perune says, "The plan is to open a fissure to the Plane of Electricity, and take two groups of Warrior Mages and Bards to peel back the aetheric field surrounding the fissure, and weave it into the form we produced last time, to encapsulate what would be a larger opening at that point."
Perune says, "This will be peeled back to some rods we plan to use to ground the.."
Mazrian quietly says to Uryutis, "Welcome. Refreshments on the table."
Perune says to Uryutis, "Greetings friend."
Uryutis says to Perune, "Just... a few months, that was all I was hoping for before I had to again prepare my defense of your projects."
Perune asks, "Hey, I'm good for it, yeah?"
Nazaruss says, "If this one works, next time we'll open both at the same time."
Perune says, "Done some pretty incredible stuff, I think my reputation with the Guild is fair."
Perune asks Uryutis, "How much trouble am I in now?"
Uryutis says, "At this rate, the goal appears to be playing a particularly nasty game of "Guess what comes next" with my superiors. They are evenly split between impressed with your last project and mortified at your next."
Perune asks, "Do they have specific concerns we can assauge?"
Perune says, "Things about the experimental procedure can be altered if they have doubts."
Uryutis says, "They instructed me to thread the needle here, and were explicit that I not share too much and not stimulate your curiosity even more."
Uryutis says, "I spent the entire journey here thinking of how to do so and frankly, I'm at a total loss."
Perune asks, "By thread the needle, does that mean rein us in or...?"
Mazrian quietly says, "Sounds about right."
Ikevindy quietly says to Dantia, "Ga sinoi posoi omaz roosam tluyona, ket anh tin ket hauke ubav roosam liduasa, uzoai knireka all this curious talk of elemental magic, think ima gonna stick with life magic, a bit more ... natural."
Ayrell says, "Yes, we would prefer not to step on toes, if possible."
Uryutis says, "So... Your last experiment was brilliant, either because of your skills or because of your luck, either of which still resulted in something that had never been seen before and won you a great deal of respect."
Uryutis asks, "Your next experiment has... potential... to... damn it all... to put some people in uncomfortable positions?"
Perune asks, "Regarding.. the overseer of that Plane, I'm assuming?"
Nazaruss says, "Shocking."
Isenriel quietly says, "... Surely you recognize that speaking in half-truths and quarter-revelations will do more harm than good."
Uryutis says, "No, that's not correct. There are risks, that may not present the research opportunity you believe them to be..."
Uryutis says to Isenriel, "The point I'm trying very hard to circle around while pointing at dramatically without overtly stating is rather the point."
Raithren says to Uryutis, "You mean the results of... experiments like this before. I guess."
Uryutis says, "Nothing like experiments before."
Nazaruss says, "Tinker at your own risk? We can always move away from the guild so as not to blow up another one."
Lawrendar asks, "Blow up another one?"
Rufutie asks, "Have all the pros and cons been properly weighed though to all those involved as well as to those that would those that would be affected by it?"
Raithren says, "I'll bring my best oops clothes then."
Ayrell says to Nazaruss, "Our plan was already to move it away from the guild."
Nazaruss asks Ayrell, "The old guild might be a good spot, yeah?"
You say, "When you are finished, i have one question. i just don't want to speak out of turn."
Perune says, "I am open about the fact this will be quite dangerous, especially considering the location, but I am a bit confused as to the risks."
Nazaruss says, "Please tell me we're going to the standing stones."
Raithren says, "Nooo."
Perune says, "Into Ker'leor, near the Suur Pillar, the area with the seordmaor."
Elabela darkly says, "You just sounded like a older moon mage."
Samech says, "The Pillar seems like the most appropriate place."
Rifkinn quietly says, "/quiet am i the only one who only sees this as ending in disaster."
Nazaruss says, "Actually yes, that's perfect."
Ayrell says to Samech, "That was our thought."
Rifkinn quietly says to Marssi, " These mages power is getting out of controll."
Raithren says to Rifkinn, "All of life is a gamble."
Perune says to you, "You can ask your question."
Jorenn says, "Next time Firulf taps his staff, it might not end the same way, however."
Uryutis says to Perune, "I don't think telling you to not do this would be prudent. I don't think giving you my blessing would result in me being allowed back to my work. I'm fairly certain you've not planned for this curious position to transpire, but were I more than a Scholar of Aether, I would likely wonder if you were a career diplomat or spy."
You say, "As a Moon Mage, I understand that I can't tug on the Web of Fate and expect my actions to go without consequences. After all, each strand of the web is connected to many others. Would this principle not apply to aether? If you concentrate aether in one location, wouldn't it weaken aether in another? Is this not the case? I do not ask this to suggest you should stop your experiments. Actually, much to the contrary. I am merely curious to hear your thoughts on this."
Jorenn gazes at Uryutis.
Nazaruss gazes at his punch.
Dantia raises an eyebrow.
Ayrell looks thoughtfully at Uryutis.
Perune says to Uryutis, "To be fair, I did once operate as a shadow operative for the Province."
Miskton scratches distractedly at his beard.
Dantia frowns, shaking her head with an expression of exasperation before resting her face in the palm of her hand.
Uryutis sighs.
Perune says, "Received a medal by the Prince even."
Collain says, "Ratehr curious what the theoretical consequences are assesed to be myself."
Uryutis says, "A fact that was not missed by my superiors."
Ayrell ponders.
Rahek scratches distractedly at his beard.
Perune says, "But I am not trying to manipulate anyone. To be blunt, my time after killing Maelshyve has left me with only two things. A desire to consume more alcohol and research that might interest what little of my mind cares anymore."
Isenriel chants a quiet mantra to himself a few times.
Uryutis laughs!
Perune says, "But I understand if you cannot support our endeavor. Though we would very much like you to be there incase we need your ward again."
Rifkinn says, "Mages sorcery."
Rifkinn scowls.
Rifkinn clasps Marssi's hand tenderly.
Perune says, "Despite the ward not fully containing the last anomaly, we cannot ignore the fact its use could have had an impact on the overall result."
Uryutis asks, "Rifkinn?"
Mazrian asks, "Rifkinn, what are you doing?"
Nazaruss says, "I'm rather suprised the guild or the grove is willing to let this happen, if we're going to start looking at people's pasts more than one here has some Black marks.. pun intended. Regardless, this should prove to be at the very least an engaging experiment, at worst an isolated mass death, and just maybe.. something to be gleaned for more isight into the elements."
Rifkinn angrily says to Uryutis, "What."
Uryutis says, "A fascinating demonstration that I assure you will end poorly for you if you do not stop."
Mazrian says, "Also, extremely pointless right at the moment.."
Rifkinn says to Uryutis, "Strange, i would same the same to you."
Perune asks Rifkinn, "What is the problem, sir?"
Rifkinn angrily says to Uryutis, "Your santioning of this work will only bring the unknown to the foolish."
Perune says, "He cannot sanction it, as he has stated."
Isenriel quietly says, "... A strange place to come if you have no love for the Arte."
Raithren says to Rifkinn, "He just said he didn't."
Ayrell says, "Yes. He stated that quite clearly."
Rifkinn angrily says to Uryutis, "There are mysteries that is not ment for us to know."
Perune says, "People do know these mysteries. One is rumored to even walk the Plane of Electricity."
Uryutis says, "This will not go well for you. This is a conversation."
Raithren says, "You need this more than me."
Perune says to Rifkinn, "I ask you to relax and hear everything out, there is no need for violence at the moment."
Perune says, "This is simply a discussion."
Jorenn says, "Well this is unexpected. The air elemental really ought to step up its game."
Falcrain says, "Unexpected? Quite the contrary, I saw it coming and I don't even live in Crossing."
You say, "I agree. this is not a place for violence. conversations should always be permitted and encouraged."
Uryutis says to Perune, "His fears are understandable for one not trained in the ways of magic."
Falcrain says, "Little minds have no place here."
Rifkinn says to Uryutis, "Your guilds power is running wild with what it is delving into."
Perune says, "I understand his fears, yes. We've spoken on these issues in the past."
Mazrian says, "Please don't force the elemental to remove you. Perhaps this discussion can allay some of those fears."
Rifkinn says, "And people lack of fear will be their folly."
Angel says, "Agreed, we have held many unpopular gatherings outside the Moon Mage guild and allowed people thier voice without violence."
Nazaruss asks, "It's a good day to be Favored, no?"
Nazaruss says, "Lets blow something up."
Isenriel quietly asks, "... Did I miss Rifkinn making some sort of aggressive action before he was bound so?"
Mazrian says, "You did."
Jorenn says, "Yes."
Angel says to Nazaruss, "I expected to be shielded."
Isenriel quietly says, "... I see."
Elabela darkly says, "No last time you blew up your tower, you blamed moon mages resulted into a war."
Perune says to Uryutis, "I believe we can continue for now."
Rifkinn asks Marssi, "Are we done?"
Marssi says, "Yes, we are."
Kaelie says, "Two different whiskey glasses, going to be one of those nights."
Rifkinn angrily says to Uryutis, "Dont think i have finished with you Sorcerer."
Uryutis glares at Rifkinn.
Raithren says to Rifkinn, "You should have a bit more fear."
Uryutis asks, "What did you call me?"
Nazaruss says, "Well."
Coldwolf says, "This won't end well."
Angel says, "And so it goes."
Uryutis asks, "You dare?"
Rifkinn says to Uryutis, "Sorcerer."
Uryutis gestures at Rifkinn, and a blur of geometric forms composed of pure energy lashes outward, binding him firmly and carrying him away.
Woten says, "Oh I was going to get the elemental to do that."
Nazaruss says, "Well that was more fancy than the elemental."
Woten says, "Forget you need 2 though."
Xelten says, "Incidentally, I am very interested in learning more about the magic you just used. For posterity."
Mazrian says, "That was impressive."
Mazrian says, "So, let us all continue in a spirit of scholarly and definitely non violent discussion."
Isenriel quietly says, "... What an impressive spell."
Uryutis says, "If he returns I will not maintain safe handling parameters of the barrier."
Raithren says, "That was... silly."
Uryutis says, "I may have squeezed his head a little."
Collain says, "I was about to ask whether it was necessary to see what the yappy dog was yapping about when we've seen this sort of thing before."
Jorenn says, "Careful not to damage anything inside..."
Nazaruss says, "If he returns, any warmages of sufficient rank can ask the elemental to REMOVE him and he'll be gone."
Mazrian says, "It might be for the best. It's Rifkinn, he's going to return. Well. Depending on where you sent him."
Uryutis says, "As I was saying - there are particularl risks associated with this direction... Unique to this direction."
Nazaruss asks, "Why this over fire?"
Nazaruss says, "Or Earth, for that matter."
Falcrain asks, "Because of the plane chosen? Or with any plane?"
Uryutis says, "Because of the Plane chosen."
Perune asks, "Because it is different from the purer Elements?"
Mazrian quietly says to Nazaruss, "Fire and Earth planes are singularities, as far as we know. There is no "there" to there, as far as we know. But the Plane of Electricity seems to have spatial dimensions."
Samech says, "I think the Guild has had too many experiments with the Plane of Fire already..."
Elabela raises her hand.
Samech says, "In which case I might agree with that aggressive Halfling."
Nazaruss says, "The guild has no experiments with the plane of fire."
Itto exclaims, "Fire is probably just a series of endless explosions, and Earth is the crushing weight of eternity. Not great for experiments, I bet!"
Raithren says to Uryutis, "So your position is basically. You aren't giving your consent. Which means it is not forbidden either."
Mazrian quietly says to Nazaruss, "Makes it a better candidate for sounding observations, and perhaps sending something across."
Woten says, "What was wrong with Aether? It worked fine last time."
Nazaruss says to Mazrian, "I'll go, lets do this."
Woten says, "Better than fine, that rift lasted FOREVER."
Perune says to Woten, "Nothing is wrong with, we plan to use that technique to reinforce a gateway to a Plane that can be more fully observed and potentially explored in the future."
Elabela darkly asks, "I am curious on something, like moon mages can mauliplate certain things, Would it be possible to combine a elemental ?"
Uryutis asks Raithren, "I don't know how diplomats do this... Yesss?"
Jorenn says, "I'd be more confident that the Bards Guild could help manage any... surprises... if we continued an exploration of Aether, it's true."
Mazrian quietly says to Nazaruss, "In time, there is a lot of set up. We were going to talk about the details of the proposal when things sidetracked a bit."
Elabela darkly asks, "Either two or three?"
Uryutis says to Elabela, "That is the definition of Hylomorphic Sorcery, and it is an abomination."
Perune says to Uryutis, "Are you allowed to inform us of the risks? We don't wish to cause any harm to either that Plane or our Own."
Nazaruss says to Mazrian, "So long as I'm the first one through."
Woten asks, "Ah, hence the compound plane. I'm guessing the other one was voted no?"
Angel says to Mazrian, "So not tonight then? Shaemful, tis my favorite time of day."
Mazrian quietly says to Nazaruss, "Thumb wrestle you for it."
Elabela darkly says, "Depends on who you ask i would think. Research can bring enlightment."
Raithren says to Perune, "When we doing this, I will try to be there."
Mazrian resonantly says, "Please, let's have order for a moment, and allow Uryutis to explain. Perhaps some of these concerns will be answered."
Dantia says to Uryutis, "Your stance might be better understood if you shared the risks as you seem them. As of yet, you've warned a child not to overeat candy "just because"."
Perune says to Raithren, "There was an announcement about the date."
Collain says, "I was completely comfortable with a lot of War Mages getting fried."
Woten asks, "Why are non-war mages offering so many objections?"
Uryutis says to Perune, "My superiors seemed to be of a mind that if they told me to demand you stopped, that you would simply do this outside of our ability to surveil, and I or others would be thus unable to help. They also felt if we encouraged you, you would think this was a wide idea and do something even more foolish."
Isenriel quietly says, "... We all live in the same Abiding."
Xelten says, "Because they do not understand, I am sure."
Dantia asks Woten, "Was this a War Mage only discussion?"
Isenriel quietly says, "... Utterly uncalled for."
Perune says, "I am not a child. Safety is a priority."
Mazrian dryly says to Perune, "Well. They more or less pegged it."
Perune says, "I think my prior work demonstrates that."
Uryutis says, "It is thus somewhat their hope that you will try, and I will be able to monitor, and you will fail, and no harm or further issue will arise."
Ayrell asks Uryutis, "They desire us to fail?"
Woten asks Uryutis, "Have any of the higher-ups at the Bard Guild been talking with you?"
Perune asks, "And if we succeed?"
Woten says, "Their assistance was instrumental last time."
Woten says, "No pun intended."
Jorenn says to Woten, "I was about to ask the same thing."
Xelten asks, "Research requires both success and failure. What reason would the Grove possibly have to believe that one failure would result in a cessation of experiments?"
Perune says, "A fair question."
Perune nods to Xelten.
Angel nods in agreement.
Ayrell says, "Yes. Fair, indeed."
Perune says, "Especially considering my original experiment ended in failure and we've moved on to more."
Woten says, "Yeah, I fail all the time."
Uryutis says, "I have discussed matters with Bardic co-researchers, though as I have said before, my branch of research is somewhat esoteric and not yet fully accepted among my superiors. So, my theories have given more respect since your last experiment, though that also brings more scrutiny."
Uryutis says, "Your original experiment was a failure in... magnitude. It was not a failure in design."
Uryutis says, "Your last experiment, similarly, was a success that built off that design."
Uryutis says, "The Plane of Electricity is... phhlbtbtbthhh... It is different."
Perune says, "Of course."
Woten asks, "What do you think if we tried that experiment at the Suur Pillar?"
Nazaruss says, "Please provide a tome of information on the differences."
Uryutis says to Nazaruss, "No."
Mazrian quietly says to Woten, "That's the plan, more or less."
Perune asks, "Do you not believe the previous result can be utilized to secure such an opening, however?"
Falcrain asks, "And there is no way to manipulate the Aether further to allow for a more stable tunnel than what was already created? An inversion of the forces to prevent things and people being pulled apart by it?"
Woten says to Nazaruss, "There are already some books."
Woten says, "In our library here in fact, I think."
Nazaruss says to Woten, "We've read those, you should try the books in Ratha."
Mazrian quietly says to Falcrain, "What makes this technique potentially unique is that it IS that stable tunnel."
Nazaruss says, "Those might be possibly wrong now though, not sure."
Uryutis says to Perune, "Look, the researcher in me wants to tear this problem apart with some chalk and ancient research and strong coffee, and I'd like nothing more than to do so with you lot. There are reasons I cannot do that."
Perune says, "So be it."
Perune says, "The results will have to speak for themselves."
Woten says, "The results speak well so far."
Jorenn says, "I suppose guild surveillance is a double-edged sword, anyhow."
Mazrian asks, "I trust that, were there complications that could be long-term dangerous, or dangerous to uninvolved parties, you could be somewhat more direct?"
Woten quietly says to Ayrell, "Channelling buddies for life."
Uryutis says, "I will be present at your experiment. My purpose will be containment in the event of catastrophe, and observation in the event of something novel occurring, and maybe some discussion of theory in the event of failure. Truthfully, I hope for the latter."
Nazaruss asks, "Can't we have all three?"
Raithren says, "Will be interesting no matter what happens."
Angel quietly says to Nazaruss, "I agree with high standards."
Perune says, "I am glad you will be there in the interest of safety."
Kaelie says, "Pretty sure there should be a triage area for this..."
Perune says, "And lectures following the results are always welcome."
Woten asks, "I might have missed it, showing up late as I did, but has a date been chosen for our next test?"
Nazaruss says to Kaelie, "There's no safety nets."
Perune says, "It has. If everyone could join me I will put out the date."
Falcrain says, "What is the purpose of these experiments? What is the end goal? Just a better understanding of the planes and how they work? Or is there a hope of planar travel or other manipulation? If you don't mind my curiosity."
You say to Uryutis, "I look forward to your lecture. I have studied your last lecture for hours."
Woten says, "Just to learn new things."
J> Perune whispers to your group, "OOC: The date is May 20th at 8 Eastern. Its on the calendar."
Woten says, "Maybe blow some stuff up."
Nazaruss exclaims, "Suprise it's in five rois, lets go!"
Mazrian quietly says to Falcrain, "They grew out of an attempt to manipulate aether to strengthen the planar boundry against outside influences."
Elabela darkly says, "What did you want to blow up."
Woten says, "Ignorance."
Nazaruss says, "Yes this exactly."
Woten says, "The odd volcano."
Isenriel quietly says, "... Good evening to you all. I look forward to the experiment."
Ikevindy jubilantly exclaims to Uryutis, "Ruek aksa zose sa baram rachlina!"
Mazrian quietly says to Falcrain, "But novel results led in a new direction, and now we're attempting to extend what we learned by luck or extremely good planning."
Nazaruss says to Woten, "You get me."
Woten says, "Secretly I'm trying to learn how to teleport."
Woten says, "Break into that ruthless moonmage monoply."
Uryutis says, "Based on some preliminary calculations and consultations with some Bardic theorists, and based on some of the observations from your last experiment, I believe I will be able to contain any issues. Best case outcome, a strange phenomenon is observed, and you move my research forward a little."
Nazaruss says, "I think electricity has that potential, yes."
You say to Woten, "You will probably have as much success as I do."
Mazrian dryly says, "Hypothetically speaking..."
Elabela darkly says, "I cant even do a bad teleport no more i just end up at the conduct."
Mazrian asks Uryutis, "What's the worst-case outcome?"
Woten says to you, "Even if I just disentigrate myself that's most of the way there."
Perune says to Falcrain, "I have yet to divine a way to use the results for their original purpose, though I imagine it is possible in some fashion I haven't realized yet. I consider it regularly but it is not an easy problem."
Angel says to Woten, "That does not come without trouble though."
You say to Woten, "You're definitely on your way."
Jorenn asks Uryutis, "Is your research typically experimental, or merely theoretical?"
Angel says to Woten, "Last time we were experiementing..."
Elabela darkly says, "Only if it a rogue gate , got nice shadow master last time i blew up."
Elabela darkly says, "Still not as good as it used to be."
Woten says, "Oh yeah, maybe elemental magic is the secret to green moongates."
Angel says, "And by we, I mean Guild."
Woten says, "Although I'd probably just teleport myself to the Town Gray and never be heard from again."
Samech says, "'Worst case,' for this guild, would truly be a catastrophe..."
Nazaruss says to Woten, "I'm convinced that we could survive with a dousing of theoretical elemental planar juice coating our bodies for at least a good ten rois, with practice."
Angel says, "Worst case would be the bastard plane being ripped open."
Uryutis says to Jorenn, "Have you been speaking with my superiors? A common criticism is that my theories are often not supported by ample experimental result. Which is truthfully... Anyway... I do plenty of experiments, thank you very much."
Elabela darkly says, "Only barbarian blow up in the planes of abiding."
Jorenn says, "I meant no criticism at all, though it's nice to see you have some stake in this."
Elabela darkly says, "But i like way your thinking."
Ikevindy happily exclaims to Falcrain, "Gestena baz glaiyesha!"
Mazrian says, "Some prudent safety measures might include, for Warrior Mages who can do it, a grounding field tuned to electricity."
Uryutis says, "Actually, it's going to bother me if I don't clarify this - Aether is a much more subtle Element to work with, and my experiments require a fine hand and a finer interpretation, meanwhile some of my peers are just melting rock or compressing air and gaining accolades for their efforts and it's a little frustrating sometimes."
Mazrian says, "And, potentially, being aligned to and Electricity and fully charged."
Woten says to Uryutis, "You're just mad you didn't come up with Eddy first."
Itto exclaims to Uryutis, "But melting rock is fun!"
Uryutis says, "But don't, you know, repeat that I said that. My peers are very talented."
Woten says, "Oh of course."
Talvor says to Mazrian, "Thank you."
Perune says to Uryutis, "You're working with a more complex element, so I am not surprised."
Talvor says to Mazrian, "The Elemental is rude."
Uryutis asks, "That's a good point - Perune, I trust you will take precaution with the appropriate Electricity spells?"
Rufutie says, "How do I find my way out? My husband seems to be looking for me."
Mazrian says to Talvor, "He's doing his job. He's not SUPPOSED to be nice."
Woten says, "Ugh grounding field is the worst."
Perune says to Nazaruss, "Thank you for helping."
Perune says, "It well help you from being shocked, however."
Nazaruss says to Perune, "I have alterior motives, i'm going to be first."
Perune says, "Though I am hoping the copper rods we will be using will prevent some of that."
Jorenn says to Uryutis, "We Bards share your interest in the subtlety of Aether. And are grateful for your work."
Uryutis says, "I suggest extremely thick copper rods, and also using magical safeguards when possible."
Perune says, "I am told my supplier provided actual staves."
Nazaruss asks, "Perune, you need more rods forged?"
Samech asks Perune, "When will you share the complete experimental design?"
Perune says, "Besides, they will be planted into the ground."
Uryutis says, "I worry you anticipate the Plane of Electricity to be merely "a place with a lot of Electricity"."
Woten says, "I'm sure we could whip up some copper rods."
Perune says, "I do not really know what to anticipate, as I have never.. seen it."
Falcrain asks, "Is there a way to use the solidified Aether to bridge the gap above Sky Giants and get rid of that damndable rope?"
Woten asks, "Can't you look at it from the planar observatory?"
Woten says, "Not that it's very helpful."
Perune says to Nazaruss, "I only need two for the procedure, they've been forged I'm told."
Collain says, "Asking the real questions."
You say, "Yes you can see it from the planar observatory."
Perune says to Falcrain, "You would want earth for that."
Woten says, "Well, the representation of it anyway."
Perune says, "Much in the same way this Guild or Stormwill tower was crafted."
Woten says, "I'd much rather learn how to summon that storm, but I guess building towers is good too."
Perune says to Woten, "Yeah I don't think the symbology there would help me in this case."
Mazrian quietly asks Uryutis, " There are some ways we could predict it would be very different from the Plane of Abiding, but...do you have a specific difference in mind?"
You say, "I would suggest that we take a Warrior Mage into the Planar observatory to see if they can learn something by studying the Plane of Electricity just as Moon Mages can learn things by studying the Astral Plane."
Woten says to Perune, "You never know, although I tend to agree."
Elabela darkly asks, "Ratha in phelim temple?"
Perune says, "We recently attempted that but it failed, if you know of a way, we could try it."
Mazrian says, "Miskton and I tried to enter the Planar Observatory for those and other observations, but it is apparantly impossible now."
You say, "Of course i do."
Perune says, "If you could get with Mazrian about that, it may be helpful."
Uryutis says to Mazrian, "You are correct that the Plane of Electricity has space and directions akin to our own Plane. Up is up, not "Up is fire"."
Woten says, "I didn't know the observatory was inaccessible, although I admit it's been awhile since I went."
Miskton says, "Or at least my astral guide was too old."
Woten says to Miskton, "Yeah I think those are... funky with age."
Falcrain asks, "Does this experiment have potential to lead to a new spell from the electrial plane that mimics that of the Fire Rain?"
Perune says, "I think not, no."
You say, "Oh when you spend your time in libraries reading obscure texts, you find sneaky things."
Miskton says, "I was unable to convince the researchers in Throne City to supply another one, sadly."
Woten says to Falcrain, "Probably not, the last one was just a super elemental fissure."
Mazrian says to Uryutis, "It occurs to me that there are a very large number of other properties that, for the Plane to allow an excursion, should not be "this is electricity, actually."
Falcrain asks, "I mean if we could hold the plane open, for just short bursts of time, I could be possible to summon lightening on a more cyclical basis, no?"
Jorenn asks, "Do you have any plans yet for the Bards, Perune?"
Falcrain says, "On a smaller scale than what you are experimenting with no of course."
Falcrain says, "Now."
Perune says to Jorenn, "Similar to last time, we will need their help to guide the weaving and the holding."
Mazrian quietly says to Uryutis, "Some of which we could, theoretically offset. Aand others for which I would have no clue where to begin."
Perune says, "There will be two groups working on holding with 2 Mages working on weaving. The number of participants will determine the pairings."
Nazaruss says, "Time to go make lots of bard friends."
Angel asks Perune, "Do you already have all the groups you need?"
Uryutis says to Mazrian, "My superiors seemed to think that no matter what, you would be learning of some things that had previously been kept from you. We'll have to see what happens I suppose. But for the purposes of safety, as I know you will not turn away from this, please utilize what you learned in the Aether Experiment, and apply ample precaution to account for significant electrical energies."
Perune says to Angel, "All the participants? It will truly depend on who can show."
Perune says, "But if you know other Bards and Warrior Mages, feel free to inform them."
Jorenn says, "Navesi regretted she could not be here tonight."
Perune says, "But please advise them that this is not a safe experiment. Both the location and the attempt will involve their own dangers."
Raithren says, "Everyone come in plate armor."
Nazaruss says, "Copper plate."
Samech says, "I'm prepared."
Thunderclay says, "Make sure you're wet too."
Falcrain asks, "What skills would the mages need to most proficiant in, and what level of skill to be helpful to the project?"
Woten says, "Copper plate would actually be pretty safe, assuming you had a good path to ground."
Broichan asks, "Ought we simply arrive at the time arranged if we wish to assist? With any particular preparation?"
Mazrian says, "Ethereal Shields for everyone, Grounding Fields for those who can..I will have to see what other measures could be devised."
Perune says, "Yes, simply arrive at the time and location."
Nazaruss says, "If only we stil had static discharge."
Woten asks, "Maybe set up an earth elemental field?"
Kaelie says, "Perhaps a few empaths on hand too."
Woten says, "Might interfer with the experiment though."
Perune says, "I'll get into all the dirty details when we setup."
Samech says to Woten, "Interesting thought..."
Uryutis says, "Those with Grounding Field should maybe put themselves between the experimental foci and those without Grounding Field."
Xelten asks, "The observation booth will be how far away, exactly?"
Woten says, "Just bribe a moonmage to cast Shadewatch."
Nazaruss says, "Send a lynx."
Mazrian says, "Perhaps those with Grounding Fields could also carry copper rods, to act as maximally conductive, well, conductors."
Woten says, "They love that spell."
Perune says, "We will be in the wild. A Bard will be using Sanctuary to keep the area of from getting over-run."
Perune says, "And yes, I'd get with a mage to use Shadewatch if you want a true safe distance."
Nazaruss says, "I'm going to make a bunch of copper rods."
Mazrian says, "The electricity should ground out without harming the mages. At least, theoretically."
Nazaruss says, "Just in case."
Woten says, "I've been shocked before."
Mazrian says, "Your funeral."
Perune says, "The rods are solely to ground the open."
Perune says, "Er, opening."
Perune says, "Something to adhere the widening of the gap to."
Collain quietly says to Kaelie, "Going to be a lot of damaged nerves."
Nazaruss slowly asks, "If we all carry rods, the hole gets... bigger?"
Perune says, "Something will get bigger."
Uryutis says, "I should be going. I hope I left you with a sense of the importance of caution and preparation here. Feel free to write me with any questions or ideas and I'll try and get back to you as I can to increase the safety of the experiment."
Perune says, "Likely the amount of shocks you take."
Nazaruss says, "That's what the grounding field is fore."
Perune says, "Thank you friend. Good to see you."
Woten says, "Thanks for coming, and putting up with the, uhm, chaos."
Ayrell says to Uryutis, "Thank you for your information."
Kaelie says, "Thank you."
Mazrian says to Uryutis, "Thank you. I will definitely be doing that."
Raithren says, "Well met."
Uryutis says, "I'll see you at the experiment."
Nazaruss says, "Actually."
Nazaruss says, "I wonder if having a lot of lynx about would matter."
Woten says, "There will be plenty of seordmar I'm sure."
Perune says, "The sanctuary will keep them at bay."
Nazaruss says, "Depending on who you ask they are magic animals or aetherial constructs attuned to various planes."
Perune asks, "Did anyone have any further questions while we're here?"
Perune says, "This is largely the end of the gathering, so now is your chance."
Jorenn asks, "Will all materials be provided, or should we gather our own... precautions?"
Nazaruss says, "If the latter is to be believed, the electrically attuned familiars might be of benefit."
Nazaruss says, "Especialy in stability."
Perune says, "For non-Warrior Mages, I would merely make sure you're not in metal gear."
Xelten asks, "The Grove representative alluded to two prior experiments. I believe I only heard one mentioned in detail. What was the other?"
Woten asks Perune, "Should we bring disposable foci again?"
Raithren says, "I'll bring booze."
Woten says, "Ok, I'll make some spares."
Perune says, "Yes, the mages will need foci once more."
Ayrell says to Xelten, "The first one was of a much smaller scale."
Ezerak dryly asks Perune, "So I shouldn't wear my full plate, then?"
Raithren says, "Exactly.."
Xelten asks, "Greater magnitude was required to achieve a positive result, then?"
Ayrell says to Xelten, "To a degree."
Falcrain asks, "Has the Barron given his consent for the experiment to be conducted in Therengia?"
Perune says to Xelten, "In secret I gathered a trusted group of Warrior Mages and attempted a particular pattern of repeated aetheric saturation by way of summoning domains at rotating points of weakness in a concentrated area."
Perune says, "This is actually how I first met Uryutis."
Xelten says, "Oh, fascinating. Are your results published? Or are those of the subsequent experiment, for that matter."
Perune says, "His familiar sensed our work across a great distance, and put out a resonance that gave me a migraine. Rather amusing now to think about it."
Jorenn says, "He was right, however -- that it was merely a failure of magnitude."
Perune says, "Hmm, I believe Uryutis briefly spoke about it in a lecture that was published."
Samech asks, "In the Herald?"
Mazrian says, "He did mention it, yes. I believe the Herald covered it at some point."
Perune says, "But the result was basically failure, the method didn't securet anything and actually made minor tearing in the field that quickly repaired itself."
Perune asks, "Anyone else?"
Xelten says, "Wonderful to see such initiative, at any rate. Would that I could contribute more actively to the practical portion, but alas, elemental confounds elude me."
Nazaruss says, "You mentioned the theory of Aether and Electricity was wrong."
Nazaruss asks, "How so?"
Raithren says to Xelten, "We could use your moral support."
Xelten says, "Naturally."
Perune says, "Aether is a singularity, what I sometimes call the base or pure elemental planes."
Perune says, "Electricity is not. There's been some signs that they are not true opposites."
Mazrian says, "Nor are any of the planes true opposites, for that matter."
Perune says, "That simply the tiny portion of us that is elemental regards itself that way, at first."
Nazaruss asks, "Ah so the springing of the four primal elemants from aether and electricity being the void that encompasses them is misunderstood or just plain incorrect?"
Perune says, "Keep in mind, you can alter this relationship. In short, its the result of our specific connection."
Mazrian says, "It's a model of reality that works for what it's intended to do."
Perune says, "If I were going to use the word primal to describe those elements, I would consider aether primal as well."
Nazaruss says, "It seems there is a distinct difference when comparing classic elements and aether, though."
Perune says, "In my opinion, Aether is a rather key element because it is what has constructed the reality we live in, diffuses the entire manafield, and so on."
Jorenn says, "Aether appears to be a medium distinct from other elements, according to Bardic musical traditions."
Broichan says, "And aether being represented by five interlocking rings, at least in the instance of the nijare, suggests it has some unique property."
Nazaruss says, "So then it's more right than we might know."
Xelten says to Mazrian, "I am still musing over the notion of... you want some air to breathe? Here, have some electricity."
Mazrian says, "It's right on a certain scale, if you like. And for the purposes of certain calculations that go into our magic."
Perune says, "It works for us, and for some, that's all that matters."
Nazaruss says, "Uryutis did allude to Aether being distinctly more fragile in nature."
Ikevindy quietly says to himself, "Ket roek vonerto ga asahai vaz osiam srez sinoi pralesha labaja."
Mazrian says to Perune, "Well, until you try to do OTHER things, and the differences become relevant."
Perune says, "It is more difficult to work with."
Mazrian says, "Metaphysics is great."
Nazaruss says, "It seems that perhaps that fragility lends some thought to the nature of the elements, where you have the most pure being Aether, then from that comes Fire, Water, Air, and Earth, which have a purity to them with distinct natures, while Electricity provides the depth of substance that the others lack at the other end of the spectrum."
Raithren says, "This has been.. enlightening."
Mazrian asks Xelten, "We're...not sure if the Plane of Electricity will be entirely like that. Though it might?"
Nazaruss asks, "The question is, what of those links, and do they exist or are the planes wholly independent of each other?"
Xelten says to Mazrian, "Here is hoping we have some idea, soon."
Mazrian says, "Calling any of the elements wholly independant is probably wrong."
Mazrian quietly says to himself, "Thinking of the elements as discrete categories is wrong, as well."
You say, "You are speaking like a moon mage now...everything is interconnected in ways that most do not consider."
Perune says, "We know all of them interact here as a sort of crossroads, whether they're independent too, I can't say."
Miskton says, "Well, I'm afraid I need to go. I am looking forward to observing the experiment, though."
Perune says to Miskton, "Thanks for coming."
Angel says to you, "I was thinking that exact thing myself."
Mazrian says to Nazaruss, "It's a question of scale and how much energy is in the system you're examining. Under the right conditions things get weird. Theoretically, anyway."
Jorenn says, "I'm afraid 'sounding like a Moon Mage' might not bode well for the outcomes of our next experiment..."
Xelten says, "Oh, I am sure that, observed from a significant enough distance, it all winds up connected in the end."
Nazaruss says to Mazrian, "The macro scale always does, odd how that works."
Mazrian says to Nazaruss, "Isn't it just."
Nazaruss says, "I think that oddity is how we have a guild, to be honest."
You exclaim, "Yesit does. it's all connected!"
Mazrian dryly says, "That history is fairly widely available."
Mazrian says, "At least, the official account."
Nazaruss asks Mazrian, "You trust authors?"
Perune says, "If there are no more questions, I will be taking off for the evening."
Nazaruss says to Perune, "Well done."
Perune says, "I thank everyone for coming."
Jorenn says, "Thanks for convening, Perune."
Perune bows.
Samech says, "Be well, all."
Xelten says, "Well then. Thank you, Warrior Mages, for hosting this discussion. It was most illuminating. I look forward to the next stage."
You say, "Thanks for holding this event."
Broichan says, "Aye, thank you."
Raithren says, "I am just getting some... tarts."
Perune says, "Be well everyone."
Raithren says, "Thanks for the chat."
Mazrian says, "If you have questions later, get in touch with me. I can hopefully answer some."
Angel asks Nazaruss, "I don't know what a Ragran is?"