Astral Group Prediction - From the inside 05/28/2018 01:13 PM CDT
Here is the log from the group prediction attempted from within the astral plane on 5/27/18

TL:DR version

After studying the skies and focusing on the obelisk on Taisgath, all of the mages transported into the Astral Plane. Joining Aaoskar, we were lead to the Pillar of Convergence inside of the Axis. Once inside the group of participants focused upon the obelisk aiming to look back through time to their creation. However there were signals of things going awry, and a condemning voice began ringing through our heads.

A thrumming buzz with metallic undertones projects within your mind, "Defilers could never resist walking through an open door, and now your insolence compels you further."

A thrumming buzz with metallic undertones projects within your mind, "You dare attempt to break every window in a house that was never yours!"

A thrumming buzz with metallic undertones projects within your mind, "Hopeless children can only corrupt all that they encounter."

An irritated buzz with metallic undertones projects within your mind, "These desperate circles have only ever had one end."

You sense disturbing ripples in the Web of Fate.

Disturbing ripples undulate across the network of streaking lights that buffer the edges of the microcosm from the relentless expanse beyond!

An irritated buzz with metallic undertones projects within your mind, "This path is already perfectly set, as it is for all things, and it leads rightfully to your much deserved suffering!"

A pale visage with striking red hair flashes in your mind before manifesting into an acute sensation of crossed-daggers being simultaneously driven through opposite ends of the base of your skull and out each orbital socket!

A large tear briefly ruptures the latticework of light buffering the edges of the microcosm as a hulking creature emerges!

Ten luminous limbs pierce the air, which begins to turn astonishingly... porous. Having found purchase, a maddened starlight harbinger hauls itself through the pores, into dramatically brightened existence.

We all died some way or another and fell out of the Astral Plane back to the Grazhir shard on Taigath, then moongated back to the Crossing Observatory. However things were not over, as the harbinger followed us into the Plane of Abiding, accompanied by zenzigs. There was a lot of death, noone could seem to beat the harbingers. After repentance was made to Harawep, she withdrew the Harbinger from our plane.

Edited log
There is a large page break right before the action starts in case you want to skip the arguing and planning.

You exclaim, "Hypocrite!"

Aerathor asks you, "Oh you are going to pull that card?"

You ask, "You chide me for using the ways to travel, and now you want to do a prediction from INSIDE?"

Aerathor says to you, "I'm not tampering with the obelisks, or pursuing Teleologic patterns. I am no hypocrite. Perhaps misunderstood."

Aerathor says to you, "And I don't use the ways lightly. This is for purpose."

Aerathor says to you, "I use them sparingly. As I urge everyone to."

Aerathor says to you, "Sure you won't reconsider your stance."

Aerathor asks you, "Were making history. And aren't you at least a bit interested in what we might see?"

You ask, "Have you even considered the consequences? What if you create a feedback loop, cutting us all off from the plane of probability or the astral plane?"

Aerathor says to you, "You credit us with too much."

You ask, "You are making history the same as the Children do. Are you one of their spies, is that what you were going during your time away?"

Aerathor says to you, "I'm glad you are here either way. Maybe you should come just to help ensure we don't."

You ask, "Damn the consequences right?"

You exclaim to Aaoskar, "And you!"

Aaoskar says, "I am always overcome with people of such concern."

Aerathor says to you, "Consequences that are not known, can't be feared."

Aerathor says, "At least we are charting something."

You exclaim, "Someone tries to warn you of danger and the rules set down by our own guild... so you kill them!"

Aaoskar says, "No consequence is ever known. not even when you get out of bed in the morning to drink your tea."

Aaoskar says, "Whoah."

Aerathor says to you, "Navesi is a child after attention, nothing more."

Aaoskar says, "I would never do that Mistanna."

You say, "I never thought of you as a bully but apparently you yet resort to violence when faced with an opposite viewpoint."

Aaoskar says, "Kind of like how you are free to speak."

Aaoskar says, "Navessi was killed for being rude."

Aerathor says to you, "Nobody is bullying you. Your perception is off because you are so defensive."

Aerathor says, "Relax."

You say, "I would trust Navesi over both of you any bloody day."

Aerathor says, "Well then go join her."

Aaoskar says, "I am glad to hear your views Mistanna."

Aaoskar says, "In fact, if I may."

Aaoskar says, "I hope everyone here is listening to the words of Mistanna because she is warning us all of great dangers."

Aaoskar says, "And for that I would like to thank her."

Aaoskar says, "Thank you, Mistanna."

Treylis asks, "What exactly is being attempted?"

Aerathor says to you, "You are quite the storm crow."

Aaoskar says, "I would prefer to wait just a couple more minutes to make sure everyone is here."

Aaoskar says, "Let me use our gweth system within our guild."

Aerathor says to you, "I was hoping you would be of a different mind. You would be a valued ally on this endeavor for discovery."

Aaoskar says, "I would like to thank everyone for the large turnout."

Aaoskar says, "We have a lot to discuss and to do."

Aerathor says to you, "We are taking precautions, and we have warned everyone of their own death being probable. But I think Navesi has no expertise on these matters, nor anything but ruffled feelings to mend."

Aaoskar says, "I was not planning on doing this, but we have a very wise Moon Mage, Mistanna, who disagrees with what we are about to do. Because she is wise, I think that we give her a couple minutes to let her speak her mind. that way those who are unsure can hear both sides."

Treylis says to Aerathor, "I have had no such warning."

Aaoskar asks, "Would you do us the honor Mistanna?"

Treylis says, "Still no idea what we are about."

Aaoskar says, "A group prediction."

Aaoskar says, "I really would like to give you the opportunity to speak your mind Mistanna."

Aaoskar says, "I don't want anyone to feel that they were strong armed to do or not do what we are setting out to do."

Missah says, "Aye, would like to hear her thoughts on it."

Aerathor says to Treylis, "I'm Aerathor welcome to our vision quest."

You say, "The guild has outlawed group predictions for a reason, a very good reason. You do not seem to be seriously considering possible consequences here."

Aaoskar says, "Yes and i will be going over those as well, but it is good to reinforce the possible danger."

You ask, "What if you bring creatures into the ways, and they cannot leave?"

You ask, "Is this really worth the chance of cutting our connections with prophesy or Grazhir?"

Aaoskar says, "Yes, they will be stranded on the astral plane."

Aerathor says to you, "The guild leaders are silent as stone. They are as mobile as stone when it comes to taking action. I think if we were really that dangerous they would have stepped in."

Treylis asks, "Is it true that our guild forbids group predictions?"

Aaoskar says, "And they will likely be burned by the same lunar mana that storms the astral plane, burning each of us."

Aaoskar says, "Yes and no."

Missah asks you, "Why would a group prediction cause creatures to enter the ways?"

You say, "Much can escape their notice, keeping track of the novices and such."

Aaoskar says, "It is true that guild master prime has forbidden it."

You say, "Because it has happened at every other group prediction."

Aaoskar says, "But it is also true that since the guildmaster Prime took his role, the council has not really spoken on anything."

You say, "There is no council, just Taramaine."

Aerathor says, "I think they are aware of what lies beneath and have merely forbade this sort of endeavor because its easier to do that than to regulate it. And we don't plan on doing this often."

Aaoskar says, "Just one person."

Aerathor says, "This is an exceptional event."

Aaoskar says, "I don't bow to kings or queens."

Aaoskar says, "I hope that no one here does."

Missah says to you, "When was this last attempted?"

Aaoskar says, "I hope that everyone here follows their own conscious."

Aerathor says, "We've dealt with a lack of true leadership long enough, we have to get the answers we seek on our own unfortunately."

Aaoskar says, "It was last attempted with Master Traim."

Aaoskar says, "A wise man and a good friend of mine."

Missah asks, "How long ago?"

You say to Missah, "A few years back, Traim attempted to use a group prediction and it ended in a long, bloody battle."

Aaoskar says, "I would guess about 15 years."

Aerathor says to you, "Even Tiv did something drastic recently to gain insight. There is much going on behind the scenes to hide the truth."

Aaoskar says, "And he also attempted it with sorcery."

Aaoskar says, "Which obviously we won't do."

Aaoskar says, "He did it on the plane of abiding."

Aaoskar says, "Which we obviously won't do."

You ask, "Is it hidden or are you just rooting for something that isn't there?"

Aerathor says to you, "His reaching out to the Arbiter perhaps put in motion the Traders bargain. And who knows what else."

Aaoskar says, "He didn't make use of the power of grazhir."

Aaoskar says, "Which we obviously will do."

Aaoskar says, "But please, Mistanna, can you just tell everyone why we shouldn't do it."

Aaoskar says, "And then i will tell them why we are."

Aaoskar says, "And then we will allow people to follow their own hearts and minds."

Aerathor says, "Fair enough."

You say, "Have you been listening to what I've said? No, of course not."

Aaoskar says, "It is something i value even if guildmaster prime does not."

Aerathor says, "But after she has said her peace let us begin in earnest with your speech and what follows."

Missah says to you, "I have been listening."

Aaoskar says, "I will be silent for now, mistanna. i do not want to be rude. speak to us."

Aerathor says, "Now is a good time to study the heavens for insight as well."

Missah asks you, "You say it is dangerous...and might release creature into the ways. Are there any other reasons not to do this?"

You say, "I have expressed possible consequences already. What happens if you lure creatures into the astral plane? What if you create a feedback loop that severs us from our powers. Surely this experiment is something the Children would seek, not proper guilded mages."

Aerathor asks you, "Explain what you mean by a feedback loop?"

Aaoskar says, "Actually, severing our link to the plane of probability is what guildmaster prime would like. not me."

You say, "Please, do not proceed. Nothing good has ever come out of a group prediction."

Aerathor says, "No prediction has ever sought the past this way, or in the place."

Aerathor says, "Nor with the same people or foresight and planning."

Aerathor says, "This is not the same."

Aaoskar says, "Now aerathor, please let mistanna finish."

Aaoskar says, "Let us know when you are finished Mistanna."

Aerathor says, "No river is ever the same when you step into it, much like the web of fate. Today is not yesterday."

Aaoskar says, "I value your wisdom."

You say, "I will not repeat myself further. These things are acceptable consequences by you, then so be it."

Aaoskar says, "Ok."

Aerathor says, "I'm trying my best to help her see why she should be with us and not against us."

Aaoskar says, "Thank you Mistanna."

Aaoskar says, "I truly appreciate your concerns."

Aerathor says to you, "Til our fates align again, and they will. Be well."

Aaoskar says, "And i will hopefully expound more on the dangers."

Aaoskar says, "Then shall i begin."

Aerathor says, "Please."

Aaoskar says, "Before anything, let me begin by asking each of you to begin this night by studying the sky repeatedly so that our minds can be made fully open to the visions that we will seek this night."

Aerathor says, "Aaoskar has a few words for us."

Aaoskar says, "So as we all know, we have discussed this event for many moons. We are done discussing. It is time to act."

Treylis says, "Some of us are hearing of this for the first time. if I may mention."

Aaoskar says, "We have considered many strands of the web of fate, many access and focal points, and many historical events."

Aaoskar says, "So i shall recap."

Aaoskar says, "And after many nights, many discussions, many visions, and hard research, it is in Taisgath that we will do that which has not been done before."

Aaoskar says, "It is here that we will enter the astral plane and travel to the microcosm, which corresponds to the magic essence of the shattered moon, Grazhir."

Aaoskar says, "It is there, in the microcosm, that we will draw upon the power of Grazhir to power our magic and our visions of what once was."

Aaoskar says, "But going to the microcosm has other tangible effects."

Aaoskar says, "It is known to all that travel the Astral Plane that the microcosm is a sort of safe bubble. It is a place where the astral plane does not shift before our very eyes and a place where the mana streams do not twist and weave upon themselves."

Aaoskar says, "It is believed that in this calm area of an otherwise ever-changing plane of existence, our portal into the Plane of Probability will not be adversely affected by the changing environment of the Astral Plane."

Aaoskar says, "Furthermore, the Pillar of Convergence is closest to the highest number of physical shards."

Aaoskar says, "And as we will be in the astral plane, if shadow creatures do cross through our window into the Plane of Probability, they will find themselves in the Astral Plane and not Elanthia."

Aaoskar says, "And so for these reasons, we will travel to the Pillar of Convergence and perform a group prediction so that we may learn of our past."

Aaoskar says, "We hope that we will learn more about the obelisk builders and the obelisks themselves."

Aaoskar says, "We have chosen Taisgath because it is home to an active obelisk and because it is an area that is rich in history."

Aaoskar says, "And here is that obelisk."

Aaoskar says, "Because it is a place of known history, we believe that it will be easier to follow the strands of the Web of Fate backwards in time to the very creation of the obelisks."

Aerathor says, "What we are doing is a vision quest more or less."

Aaoskar says, "This expedition is still very dangerous and many suggestions have been made by extremely wise individuals. I fault none of them for their astute observations that could only have been made after a life long commitment to understanding our history and our ways."

Aaoskar asks, "It has been argued that perhaps we should not travel to the microcosm and instead only step within the astral plane and stay at the end of a conduit so that we may retreat if needed and so that we do not risk failing before we begin. For how can we do a group prediction if many us stumble, become lost in the Grey Expanse, or simply lose our concentration?"

Aaoskar says, "Each of these arguments are legitimate concerns."

Aaoskar says, "And even falling through the window into the plane of probability."

Aaoskar says, "But what we do this day is done knowing that there is much risk and much personal sacrifice. It is done knowing that even if we do everything correctly, we may still come away without the knowledge we seek."

Aaoskar says, "We go to the microcosm because we feel that it is the most likely place where we will succeed and because it is a place free from the swirling chaos found everywhere else in the Astral Plane."

Aerathor says, "Great risks do not always come with great rewards, we have to hope we are not only skillful but lucky."

Aaoskar says, "But we also go there because if shadow creatures do cross through our portal into the Plane of Probability, they will be far away from the closest access point to the Plane of Abiding and Elanthia."

Aaoskar says, "This means that we will have to take additional precautions. We will need to limit our footprints on the astral. So instead of each of us going to the microcosm and the Pillar of Convergence independently, we will go as one group. I will lead everyone through the Astral Plane."

Aaoskar says, "I have done this before."

Treylis asks, "Since when did that become a possibility again?"

Aaoskar says, "This method of group travel through the Astral Plane has been tested before this night. And it is has thus far been proven to be a safe method of passage or as safe as can be given the nature of what we do."

Aerathor says, "He's quite the fish in there, he knows the currents well."

Aerathor says to Treylis, "We tested it alot."

Missah says, "Was not aware such a thing was possible."

Aaoskar says, "And lastly, but perhaps most importantly, we must all have a clear picture of the Web of Fate and which strands we will trace back in time."

Treylis says, "It hasn't been for quite some time."

Aerathor says, "We just all enter, and join him. And probably don't expect to get out alive. But if we do, he can lead us out. Though I imagine he will linger there quite awhile."

Aaoskar says, "To help us find the right strands of the Web of Fate, as we travel, I ask each of you to focus your thoughts on our present steps and then of the obelisk being used by Tezirah to access the Plane of Abiding. This should give us two points of time on the Web of Fate, which we can then follow backwards until the obelisks construction."

Aaoskar says, "When we finally arrive to our destination, I ask each of you to hold off on making any predictions until we can do so in unison. I will indicate when we will focus our minds."

Aaoskar says, "That is why we chose to be here at this obelisk."

Aaoskar says, "After we focus our collective minds and open a window so that we may gaze upon the Web of Fate, each person may make their way out of the Astral Plane."

Aaoskar says, "If they wish."

Aaoskar says, "However, for those that wish to stay, please stay for as long as you think you are able. I will stay for as long as possible and continue to gaze through whatever window we manage to create. I am hoping that the nature of the Astral Plane will amplify our concerted and focused minds and thoughts."

Gavius asks, "Is there a recommended skill level for this ..ah.. jaunt?"

Aaoskar says, "Whenever we all finally make it out, I hope we can gather again in Taisgath to discuss what we learned. One last note, it may be wise for each of us to prepare for battle before we go just in case we are met by those who do not wish us to have such knowledge. But, it is possible that our precautions will prevent the sort of calamity that has happened in the past."

Aerathor says to Gavius, "Somewhere between crazy and brilliant."

Aaoskar says, "And with that, i would recommend people to prepare their spells and to study the skies and have a complete pool before we go."

Aaoskar says, "And as people do that."

Aaoskar says, "Ask your questions and decide if this is something that you wish to risk."

Aerathor says, "Well said old friend."

Treylis asks, "You say that it is well known our guild forbids this yes?"

Aaoskar says, "It is well known that guildmaster prime forbids it."

Aaoskar says, "But."

Aaoskar says, "Let me say one other thing about guildmaster prime that most don't know."

Aerathor says, "Let's all focus now."

Aaoskar says, "If it were up to guildmaster prime, our connection to the plane of probability would be permanently severed."

Aerathor says, "Anyone who will be going."

Aerathor says, "Please Focus on the obelisk."

Aerathor says, "Form a strong visual image in your minds eye."

Aerathor says, "ANd hold it."

Aaoskar says, "Sometimes it helps to make a physical connection with something tangible."

Treylis says, "It seems Aerathor is starting already."

Aaoskar says, "It is important for those that know that they are going to do this, that they prepare."

Aerathor says, "I'm focused what can I say."

Aaoskar says, "So while people decide."

Treylis says, "What is being attempted here pulls at the very height of knowledge and understanding of our craft."

Aerathor says, "This is the most organized effort in a vision quest ever put forward."

Aaoskar says, "We are using ever piece of knowledge ever taught to us."

Treylis says, "And we don't even know your names."

Treylis says, "This seems entirely too rushed."

Aaoskar says, "I am Aaoskar Moonbender, student of Master Lomtaun and Tiv."

Aaoskar says, "Well, this discussion has been going on for months now."

Aerathor says to Treylis, "We have not rushed anything, or we would have already done it privately with fewer numbers."

You say, "If I'd been able to make those meetings perhaps this all would have been shot down early, as it should have been."

Avelia says, "Doubtful."

Aaoskar says, "Well, we are lucky that fate did not see it your way, then."

Aerathor says, "Ahh fate, such a cruel mistress."

Aaoskar says, "Ok. so let me go over some practical things that we must do."

Aaoskar says, "For those that are going."

Aaoskar says, "We will all need to go to Erekinzil. and prepare teleport or moongate, however you do it....and then focus on the shard and cast to enter the astral plane."

Aaoskar says, "Once inside."

Aaoskar says, "Do not go on your own."

Aaoskar says, "Join me."

Aaoskar says, "And we will go as a group and trace each others footsteps."

Gavius says, "I suppose we must be able to learn Erek's name."

Aaoskar says, "Hopefully this will limit astral disturbance."

Aerathor says, "Well just join Aaoskar and he will guide you in."

Aerathor says, "It's fairly simple."

Aaoskar says, "You would need to know erekinzil to get inside."

Gavius says, "I... ah.. am just under the range, sadly."

Gavius exclaims, "I wish you all luck!"

Aharilyn exclaims, "Me too!"

Aaoskar asks, "So is anyone going in the astral?"

Mondmorder cheerfully says to Aaoskar, "I am."

Missah says, "I need a few more moments....my pools are not filled yet."

Missah says, "I am Missah, by the way."

Aerathor says to Aaoskar, "I'm thinking I'll sit this one out. you guys go ahead now.."

Aerathor says to Aaoskar, "Obviously I will be in there with you."

Aaoskar says, "Yes, no one goes in until we have studied the sky till it can teach us no more."

Aerathor exclaims, "No fear!"

Aerathor asks Elrendryl, "You are a bit late, are you here to watch or more?"

Elrendryl says, "I'm not sure what more I can do, but I'll help as I can, otherwise just watch."

Aerathor says to Elrendryl, "I'm Aerathor I don't believe I've seen you at any meetings."

Elrendryl says, "Ive been away for a bit."

Elrendryl says, "I apologize for my arriving so late. I got a bit lost in the sewers."

Aaoskar says, "Ok. i am going to go to the shard."

Aaoskar says, "And meditate."

Aerathor says, "Anyone who is ready please join him."

Aaoskar says, "When people are ready, meet me there."

Aerathor says, "I'll linger here a bit then be on my way."

Aaoskar says, "And just so everyone knows, this will be a predict event in the Pillar of Convergence."

Aaoskar says, "Every trick you know, every spell you know, it might be wise to use it."

Aaoskar says, "I will go check on everyone else."

Aaoskar says, "Someone destroyed our moonbeams in crossing."

Aaoskar says, "Be careful with your moonbeams. our has been destroyed by one of those coins."

Aaoskar says, "Yeah. didn't expect our own guild to use them against us."

Aaoskar asks, "Is this everyone?"

Fidon gestures.

Several motes of light gather, briefly forming a minute version of the constellation of the Spider before collapsing into a glimmering brilliant red sphere.

You raise an arm skyward, chanting the equation of the Starlight Sphere spell.

Aerathor says to you, "Please don't."

You grumble.

Aerathor says to you, "I'd rather not kill you."

Aerathor says, "Don't attack anyone here please."

Aerathor says, "I'll ask polite."

Aerathor asks you, "Or perhaps I'm wrong and you changed heart?"

Aaoskar says, "She might be preparing for battle inside."

You say, "I was merely following suite. Seemed a good idea."

Aerathor asks you, "You are with us now?"

You say, "No, but I'd rather watch this unfold."

Aerathor says to you, "In that case I'm sorry. I'm glad you are here anyway lady luck had to pull you."

Aaoskar says, "I have a feeling that our precautions are too good."

Aerathor says to you, "You won't regret it."

You fold your arms across your chest.

Aerathor says, "I don't think anything could go wrong but a lack of vision."

Aaoskar asks, "Ok. so are we all ready?"

Aerathor says, "I just hope we learn what we seek."

Mondmorder cheerfully says to Aaoskar, "Ready."

Aerathor says, "I'm ready."

Missah says, "I am ready, thanks to Aerathor's help."

Aaoskar says, "Aerathor, as i will be focusing on the travel, can you just remind people to stay focused on the obelisk and tracing the web back in time."

Aaoskar says, "I don't want to do anything but focus on our trip."

Aerathor says, "I can do that."

Aerathor says, "Im entering now."

Aerathor says, "See you on the other side."

Aaoskar says, "Everyone prep and enter."

Aerathor is drawn through the unstable Moongate just before it collapses.

A blinding flash of silver light explodes into existence! As it fades, you notice that Aaoskar is gone.

Mondmorder is drawn through the unstable Moongate just before it collapses.

You say, "Ai ai ai... Lady Harawep may your silk be unaffected by the foolishness of men."

You sigh.

You are pulled through your unstable Moongate.

[Astral Plane, Erekinzil Conduit]
A sandy expanse stretches out in every direction, littered with titanic, half-buried remains. Arcs of burning silvery light discharge from one bone to the next, creating a crude maze of pathways.

Missah steps through the unstable Moongate just before it collapses.

Digmo steps through the unstable Moongate just before it collapses.

Aerathor says, "Lets all keep the image of the obelisk in mind guys, please join Aaoskar and focus your mind on the obelisk as it currently stands."

Aaoskar says, "I think that is everyone."

Aaoskar says, "Let's go."

Aaoskar's group moves further into the conduit.

You follow Aaoskar up.

[Astral Plane, Pillar of Convergence]
A stunted silvery-white pillar is set in the center of a disc of seething energy.

Also here: Prophetic Warrior Aerathor, Telaen Gwernit Mondmorder, Fateweaver Missah, Burden to Society Digmo, Fidon and Master of Fate Aaoskar.

Aaoskar says, "We are at the pillar of convergence."

Aerathor says, "Now focus on the Taisgath obelisk please."

Aaoskar says, "I'll count down."

Aerathor says, "As it currently stands, and we will slowly walk back in time."

Aaoskar says, "You give us the cue aerathor."

Aerathor says, "I want you to now focus on the Obelisk as it was being conceived, being built."

Aerathor says, "Imagine the obelisk being created, being conceived."

Aaoskar says, "Just in your mind."

Aerathor says, "Then when aaoskar asks, PREDICT EVENT AAOSKAR."

Aerathor says, "He will direct all our energies."

Aerathor says, "Energies even."

You say, "Ai Cashek gand Aldam, if invoking your name has any worth, please open their eyes to this danger."

Aaoskar says, "On the count of 3, predict event."

Aaoskar says, "3."

Aaoskar says, "2."

Aerathor says, "Try now to imagine the obelisk being built as you predict."

Aaoskar says, "1."

Aaoskar says, "Predict event."

Missah says, "Oh my."

Digmo asks, "The future remains dark to me, what did I do wrong?"

(Aerathor directs his vision to Aaoskar with his prediction)

Missah says, "Smoke billowing from a golden structure."

Aerathor says, "Same as me it's old."

Aerathor says, "Be patient."

Aerathor says, "Focus the image."

Aerathor says, "Imagine it."

A thrumming buzz with metallic undertones projects within your mind, "Defilers could never resist walking through an open door, and now your insolence compels you further."

Missah blinks.

You cringe.

Missah says, "Oh my."

Aaoskar exclaims, "Stay focused!"

A thrumming buzz with metallic undertones projects within your mind, "You dare attempt to break every window in a house that was never yours!"

You exclaim, "No, stop!"

Aerathor says, "Seek the obelisk in your mind's eye."

You push at Aerathor, to no avail.

The pillar's light noticeably dims. For a few moments after the change everything around you, even your own flesh, feels somehow lighter and less substantial. The sensation quickly passes.

Missah shivers.

A thrumming buzz with metallic undertones projects within your mind, "Hopeless children can only corrupt all that they encounter."

An irritated buzz with metallic undertones projects within your mind, "These desperate circles have only ever had one end."

Disturbing ripples undulate across the network of streaking lights that buffer the edges of the microcosm from the relentless expanse beyond!

You sense disturbing ripples in the Web of Fate.

You fret.

Aaoskar exclaims, "Harness your mana and keep gazing through the portal!"

You exclaim, "Stop! Stop! Don't you see what is happening!"

(Aerathor closes his eyes and opens his mind seeking stillness and emptiness.)

Aaoskar exclaims, "We're almost there!"

An irritated buzz with metallic undertones projects within your mind, "This path is already perfectly set, as it is for all things, and it leads rightfully to your much deserved suffering!"

A pale visage with striking red hair flashes in your mind before manifesting into an acute sensation of crossed-daggers being simultaneously driven through opposite ends of the base of your skull and out each orbital socket!

A stunned Aaoskar slowly tips over, falling on his face!

A stunned Digmo slowly tips over, falling on his face!

A stunned Missah slowly tips over, falling on her face!

You fall forward, landing on your face!

You shake off the stun.

A stunned Mondmorder slowly tips over, falling on his face!

A stunned Aerathor slowly tips over, falling on his face!

A stunned Fidon slowly tips over, falling on his face!

A large tear briefly ruptures the latticework of light buffering the edges of the microcosm as a hulking creature emerges!

Aerathor asks, "Yes perhaps we do deserve suffering, But don't we deserve knowledge?"

Ten luminous limbs pierce the air, which begins to turn astonishingly... porous. Having found purchase, a maddened starlight harbinger hauls itself through the pores, into dramatically brightened existence.

A maddened starlight harbinger spins violently, swinging its legs from side to side!

The starlight harbinger begins to advance on Aerathor.

Aerathor bobs, lowering himself into a smaller target.

You begin to advance on a maddened starlight harbinger.

Some of a maddened starlight harbinger's legs rear up and begin scrabbling at the air, while others dance freakishly in place.

A brief wave of disorientation washes outward as reality itself tears wide open, forming a sky-high rogue Moongate tinged with screaming, razor-edged shadows.

You try attacking a maddened starlight harbinger, only to discover that it is in fact a few inches away from where you would have struck! You blink, unsure what just happened. The harbinger appears as bewildered as you.

Tidal waves of force erupt from a sky-high rogue Moongate and wash over the area!

* Fidon is slain before your eyes!

A maddened starlight harbinger bends its legs into an angular, arcane gesture.

Bright points with luminous tails arise out of the air above the starlight harbinger, flung in descending arcs.

The starlight harbinger discovers Aaoskar, ruining his hiding place!

Aaoskar says, "We must have the knowledge so that we can walk safely in our future."

A sky-high rogue Moongate collapses in on itself.

A maddened starlight harbinger lands a hard hit to Aerathor's chest.

A crystal pebble flies by at a tangent to Aaoskar, icing his back.

A crystal pebble grazes Digmo's right arm and tumbles past him.

Aerathor tries to back out of combat but is unable to get away from a maddened starlight harbinger!

The contrail of a vaporous aggregate with a vivid white heart etches a line across the air. The crystal pebble hits Missah's back at an angle and breaks down.

An icy mare's-tail with a crystal pebble for its core streaks diagonally across the air, and its contrail frosts Mondmorder's chest in passing.

The starlight harbinger has the same bauplan as its inferior cousin: a pseudo-spider with too many legs. Whereas a starcrasher's integument is translucent, this creature shines a blinding white -- itself a living array of ripped seams between Elanthian air and some cold star.

Native to the Plane of Probability, the starcrashers and starlight harbingers are lesser incarnations of physics. Like most interlopers from that plane, their usual method of interaction is violent and inexplicably hostile. You have heard of such creatures occasionally keeping company with Traders and Moon Mages. Despite its expected hostility, this particular harbinger's maddened behavior is quite extraordinary, almost... Elanthian in a way. You think it may be susceptible to forbidden Teleologic Sorcery.

Aaoskar exclaims, "What did the obelisk builders know that we must know!"

A crystal pebble falls as a hammer wreathed in streamers of vapor, crashing upon Aerathor's chest and clapping it into oblivion! The impact throws his body aside like a toy Human.

A maddened starlight harbinger turns to face you.

You try to back away from a maddened starlight harbinger but are unable to get away!

Digmo screams! You turn in time to watch his body impact one of the streams of terrible light. His flesh is incinerated in front of your eyes, leaving weakened bones which blow away like loose granules of sand. Within seconds nothing remains of Digmo, not even ash at your feet.

* Digmo is slain before your eyes!

* A maddened starlight harbinger seems to climb the air before dropping from above at you. You completely fail to block with your battered shield.

The ovoid body lands an awesome strike that shatters every bone in the left arm, ripping it from its socket.

[You're near death, badly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]

[Taisgath Guildhouse, Walk of the Winds]

A slender spiraled horn of iridescence rises from the top of the guildhall to meet the sky. Below, the island spreads out to the south and the lagoon is no more than a small puddle splashed upon the shore.

Also here: the body of Burden to Society Digmo (prone), the body of Telaen Gwernit Mondmorder (prone), the body of Prophetic Warrior Aerathor (prone) and the body of Fidon (prone).

You feel like you're dying!

A flat, hazy image of Aaoskar's corpse manifests in the air. He quickly gains substance and plops to the ground with a sickening thud.

* Aaoskar is slain before your eyes!

You hear the ghostly voice of Mondmorder say, "That was... more fun than I thought."

A flat, hazy image of Missah's corpse manifests in the air. She quickly gains substance and plops to the ground with a sickening thud.

* Missah is slain before your eyes!

You hear the ghostly voice of Aaoskar exclaim, "We did it!"

You hear the ghostly voice of Missah say, "Goodness."

Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

You sigh softly, an eerie sound that rouses the fears of the superstitious.

You hear the ghostly voice of Aaoskar say, "Everyone hold onto those memories."

You hear the ghostly voice of Aaoskar exclaim, "Don't let them fade!"

Aerathor says, "I can still gain portents."

Aerathor sighs.

Aerathor asks, "Did anyone get a vision aside from pain?"

You feel your heart and mind being tugged in every direction, then suddenly you feel full of life, and know you are living once again.

You wander up.

[Taisgath Guildhouse, Walk of the Winds]

Aerathor says to you, "The web is intact."

Aerathor flashes a wide grin.

Aerathor says to you, "I suppose we were both wrong."

Aaoskar says, "They severed our moonbeams."

Aerathor says, "I have a beam at middens."

You say, "Are you sure? They were sigiled."

Aerathor says, "Mine is there."

Mondmorder cheerfully asks Aerathor, "It's not at the urn is it?"

Aerathor gestures.

In a blazing fountain of red-gold sparks, a red Moongate blazes into life.

[Middens, Crossbow Bend]

Also here: Master of Fate Aaoskar, Prophetic Warrior Aerathor, Elyssari, Outrider Raeyel, Stalking Dilettante Aharilyn (sitting), Mystic Blade Avelia and Alchemist Totenus (sitting).

Your connection to the Web of Fate feels briefly strained, as a rope pulled tight.

Raeyel says, "We has an empath."

Totenus says, "Looks like a fun time."

Raeyel asks, "Dig......where's the rest of you?"

Avelia says to Digmo, "Ouch."

Aaoskar says, "But he held onto his sword. sign of a good warrior."

The ghostly laughter of Digmo echoes through the room, sending a shiver down your spine.

Aerathor says, "So we were indeed foolish and learned nothing. But we didn't destroy anything but our own egos."

Aerathor says, "Perhaps that was a blessing in disguise anyway. I feel we tried our best."

Aaoskar says, "We learned much."

Totenus asks, "How did you perish?"

You say, "Small graces. Thank the Spider."

You hear the ghostly voice of Digmo say, "First it was crossed daggers through the back of my skull and out my eyes, and the I got blasted by the mana streams."

Aerathor says, "Harbringers."

Aaoskar says, "A starlight harbinger."

Aerathor says, "Such as I have never seen before."

Totenus says, "Sounds exciting."

Aaoskar says, "We learned much, i know that it will take time for me to process everything."

Aerathor says to Totenus, "Another time perhaps. But we were seeking a vision in earnest."

Raeyel says to Aaoskar, "I look forward to hearing or reading your findings."

Aaoskar says, "Besides all that we saw, it verified that the Theory of Temporal Shadows is correct."

You say, "I do hope that harbinger is not stuck in the astral plane. What a challenge that will be to get past."

Aaoskar says, "It's a theory that we've been working on for ages."

Aaoskar says, "And it's true."

Aaoskar says, "So much to decipher."

Aaoskar says, "So much to consider."

Raeyel says, "When it comes to that stuff.....I don't know my elbow from my arsehole."

Aaoskar says, "We will definitely need to discuss the findings once we all have had time to consider them in meditation."

Mondmorder cheerfully asks Nynavea, "What got you?"

You ask, "Is there a cleric present?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Missah say, "Jezz......"

Raeyel says, "Jezz."

Jezzail says, "Always."

You nod to Jezzail.

Aaoskar says, "And our precautions did protect Elanthia."

Aaoskar says, "We all still exist, right."

Aaoskar says, "Precautions worked."

You hear the ghostly voice of Missah say, "That was quite interesting."

Aerathor says, "There were lessons learned, just not those I sought."

Aaoskar says, "That's how all knowledge is acquired."

Aaoskar says, "You seek one thing and find another."

Aaoskar says, "This has helped."

Missah exclaims, "Thank you!"

You ask, "You still can't listen?"

Aharilyn says, "Apophys went in to hell you guys."

Missah says, "And thank you for the healing."

Aharilyn asks, "You think the harbinger is still in there?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Digmo ask, "I wonder if that harbinger is still in there?"

Aerathor asks, "Went to help?"

Aaoskar says, "It's possible, but i doubt it."

Aharilyn asks, "No one will be able to travel the planes ?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Digmo say, "Ah, dead minds think alike."

The ghostly laughter of Digmo echoes through the room, sending a shiver down your spine.

The ground cants, and your surroundings are thrown into absurdity. Every right angle comes alive with hyperemphasis, slewing together to form a zenzic.

Missah says, "I was briefly cast out of the plane....when I returned, it was still there."

A zenzic's feelers sweep toward Remedi as though in a wind.

The zenzic begins to advance on Remedi.

You notice the maddened starcrasher attempting to stealthily advance upon Remedi.

Missah says, "And dealt a final blow."

A zenzic's feelers sweep toward Missah as though in a wind.

You stagger as everything in the area pitches like the deck of a cog in high seas. A zenzic crawls out of an orthogonal intersection.

Aaoskar says, "The lunar mana enveloping the astral plane burns anyone to the touch."

You notice the maddened starcrasher attempting to stealthily advance upon you!

Aaoskar says, "No one can survive inside forever."

You say, "Oh dear."

Nynavea firmly says, "What are the Zenzics."

You exclaim, "CONFINED TO THE ASTRAL PLANE HUH?!"

Aaoskar says, "Well, almost."

A maddened starlight harbinger spins violently, swinging its legs from side to side!

Aerathor says to Aharilyn, "I'm wondering that too. Still wondering what other problems I caused."

Aharilyn says, "Ow."

Ghust asks, "What was that?"

Aashja says, "Well then."

Digmo says, "Bleh."

Agalea softly says, "It was that."

A maddened starlight harbinger bends its legs into an angular, arcane gesture.

Bright points with luminous tails arise out of the air above the starlight harbinger, flung in descending arcs.

Aerathor says, "The harbringer."

A brief wave of disorientation washes outward as reality itself tears wide open, forming a sky-high rogue Moongate tinged with screaming, razor-edged shadows.

Digmo says, "Not over yet."

Ghust says, "Ow mah head."

Tidal waves of force erupt from a sky-high rogue Moongate and wash over the area!

* Ithrios is slain before your eyes!

* Deshane is slain before your eyes!

Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

* Kawill is slain before your eyes!

* Japhrimel is slain before your eyes!

* Lagury is slain before your eyes!

* Agalea is slain before your eyes!

* Aharilyn is slain before your eyes!

* Ghust is slain before your eyes!

* Maxximas is slain before your eyes!

* Aashja is slain before your eyes!

* Ruven is slain before your eyes!

* Totenus is slain before your eyes!

* Digmo is slain before your eyes!

* Sophrona is slain before your eyes!

* Aaoskar is slain before your eyes!

* Aerathor is slain before your eyes!

You exclaim, "Repent to Harawep! Beg her forgiveness for trespassing where you should have not upon her web!"

Totenus's corpse begins to shake violently, sprouting new mass to replace its lost organs. The convulsions reach a fevered pitch and then abruptly stop when Totenus's eyes snap open! He drags himself upright, wracked with pain and gasping for air, but clearly alive.

You hear the ghostly voice of Deshane say, "Can't believe what I just witnessed."

You say, "The harbinger is opening the rogue moongates."

Talmoon quietly says, "Oi."

Totenus says, "No."

Totenus says, "Something came for it."

Totenus says, "And now its gone."

Mazrian says, "Harawep got it, apparently."
Re: Astral Group Prediction - From the inside 05/28/2018 02:19 PM CDT
<You exclaim, "CONFINED TO THE ASTRAL PLANE HUH?!"

<Aaoskar says, "Well, almost."

Poor Mistanna... I couldn't help but laugh.

Thanks for posting this! I was curious to see what all happened on the Moon Mage side of things (before horrible mass Harbinger deaths, of course).
Re: Astral Group Prediction - From the inside 05/28/2018 02:59 PM CDT
That's a neat log. Thanks for posting!