Guildfest 2018? 01/25/2018 09:13 PM CST
Just curious if Guildfest is coming back this year. I was said a few years ago it's an every other year event now so am just curious if that is still the case.
Re: Guildfest 2018? 01/26/2018 07:43 PM CST
>>Just curious if Guildfest is coming back this year.

Not this year, no. We have other things planned for this year!

>>I was said a few years ago it's an every other year event now so am just curious if that is still the case.

This is still the case. Last year was the GF year, and next year will be as well.

-Persida
Re: Guildfest 2018? 01/27/2018 02:20 PM CST

Is there going to be a coin auction that would normally happen at guild fest, or will it be different/non-existent this year?
Re: Guildfest 2018? 01/27/2018 06:36 PM CST
As was said there isn't going to be a Guildfest this year, but next year. Guildfest are every other year.

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game. Michael Jordan
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/game
Re: Guildfest 2018? 01/27/2018 07:38 PM CST
>>Is there going to be a coin auction that would normally happen at guild fest, or will it be different/non-existent this year?

Yes, we still do at least one non-pay-event coin auction even on the non-GF years.

-Persida
Re: Guildfest 2018? 01/28/2018 10:15 AM CST
Can we ever go back to a token auction. I like how much more level that is. I’ve never been one of those characters with millions. And it would be nice to get a chance at an actual auction item.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Guildfest 2018? 01/28/2018 02:34 PM CST
>>Can we ever go back to a token auction.

The last token auction was less than two years ago :)

There aren't any planned currently, but they aren't something that's off of the table, either.

-Persida
Re: Guildfest 2018? 01/29/2018 05:13 AM CST
Yeah bacon man or whatever. It was of course during a small break I took while moving. I’ve played this game off and on since 99 and never been able to participate in one. I just like the idea of it. Coin auctions bore me, because you either buy plats from the same people you are bidding against or you watch the same 4 people win with all thier alts.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Guildfest 2018? 01/29/2018 11:21 PM CST
>>you either buy plats from the same people you are bidding against or you watch the same 4 people win with all thier alts.

Just as a counterpoint to this, I and two friends have won items in numerous auctions without ever buying a single plat -- or selling quest/simucoin items, with the exception of a few prizes won at Hollow Eve. Almost every plat we use, we earned through regular, basic game systems. We pool our coins together and take turns getting prizes. And we've gotten some good ones too (e.g. mirror weapon voucher).

Not saying plat selling isn't a problem. I just like to point this out when people feel like it's impossible to win without it.

- Navesi
Re: Guildfest 2018? 01/30/2018 12:05 PM CST
>We pool our coins together

I feel like this kind of defeats the purpose of counter-pointing his objection. Pooling resources from several people isn't fundamentally different from buying plats, the baseline comparison is one person's resources.
Re: Guildfest 2018? **nudge** 01/31/2018 09:43 AM CST
Guys, this thread is getting pretty far off topic. If you want to continue the discussion of the pros and cons of different auction styles, please make a new thread.

-Persida