The North Wind Beckons 01/09/2018 04:27 PM CST
A crisp notice is tacked to the wall within the Crossing Temple's Li Stil rae Kwego ia Kweld. It reads:

People of Elanthia,

The eve of the new year approaches, and with it, Shosandu and the Midnight Hunt. The Dark Ones stir in anticipation. Yet, there may still be time ere the grim harvest comes to pass. For those who have not done so already, take you to the temples and shrines of the Mistress Asketi and put forth what prayers and offerings you may. Eschew a moment's time for silent genuflection and reverence of the Goddess, of Her might and hallowed deeds, and of that which She holds dominion over. Sacrifice, even of one's time, is a precious gift. The Gods will take notice.

I embark on my yearly pilgrimage to keep vigil at the Temple of the North Wind in Forfedhdar. For those who wish to appease and honor the Mistress of the Midnight Hunt but are unsure of what must needs be done, or unlearned in supplication unto the Dark Ones, I will be available to proffer what assistance I may and to intercede on your behalf. I strongly urge anyone who has not yet made the journey to join me at the summit of Asketi's Mount.

Take this to heart, one and all; that prayer and acknowledgment of the Immortals and of Their aspects is not only a duty of the Clergy, but of all of the Gods' children. Similarly, reverence ought not be rendered only once a year, but throughout it. We, who are inclined to be proud, must accept that humble obeisance is a virtue. Look up to the heavens with eyes unclouded by earthly judgment and They will smile upon you and walk by your side throughout the seasons.

Lastly, I must briefly and regrettably touch on the subject of that vile art known as Necromancy, which is anathema and an unpardonable affront to all of our blessed Immortals and our plane of abiding. Each and every one of us has a duty to stand against that abominated craft. Idleness and tolerance of Necromancy, as well as acceptance of its practitioners, is absolutely a sin and will assuredly call down the ire and wrath of the Gods. To that end, I urge you to speak with our own Temple's Brother Fidakel about what you can do to support the Church and oppose Necromancy. As always, cleave to your faith and believe in the Immortals to guide you along the path of righteousness, and so you shall be favored in Their eyes.

May Asketi be praised, and may you and your loved ones be safe this coming Shosandu.

Hisakna'hhs'Izzu'hhr
Whiteburn