Dwarven Remembrance Day (12/29/2009 - 9pm Eastern) 12/24/2009 10:46 AM CST
What: Dwarven Remembrance Day

When: Tuesday, December 29th, 9:00pm Eastern

Where: Temple of Kertigen, Central Chamber, Inner Hibarnhvidar

Details:

Come to Hibarnhvidar and remember the deeds of the dwarves. There will be music, acting, fine foods and drink. Musicians and playwrights from across the continent have been commissioned by the Wardens and invited to come perform or give tribute to dwarven accomplishments in Elanthia.

Moon Mages who get hit with HULP should indulge in their Survival Secondary side and run away.

-Armifer
Re: Dwarven Remembrance Day (12/29/2009 - 9pm Eastern) (Event Log) 12/30/2009 03:17 PM CST
Vansiil offers Aleyden a bottle of throat melter.

Vansiil exclaims, "Aha!"

Vansiil says, "I knew there was some booze hiding in my possessions."

Raven Priest Shevden just arrived.

Aleyden accepts Vansiil's throat melter.

Aleyden says, "Thanks."

Shevden calmly says to Kraggur, "I let tha people up by tha Boar Clan know."

Kraggur nods.

Aleyden takes a drink of his throat melter. He makes an effort to swallow, but doesn't seem to be faring very well. Small puffs of smoke rise from his nostrils.

Aleyden rubs his throat, looking very uncomfortable.

Vansiil says, "Feel free to pass it around."

Kraggur grins at Aleyden.

Kraggur gets a tall glass of Ishra's Pale from inside his spidersilk backpack.

Aleyden babbles incoherently.
Aleyden says, "Strong stuff."

Kraggur offers Sendithu a tall glass of Ishra's Pale.

Aleyden sniffs at a bottle of throat melter.

Aleyden puts his hand to his throat, looking like he is about to choke.

Sendithu accepts Kraggur's Ishra's Pale.

Vansiil rummages through a spidersilk traveler's backpack.

Shevden stretches his arms.

Sendithu moves a tall glass of Ishra's Pale to her right hand.

Aleyden looks very pained, as if choking on something, and puffs of smoke escape from the corners of his mouth.

Raising her Ishra's Pale to Kraggur, Sendithu gives him a toast.

Kraggur asks, "Well, lets be startin' then, eh?"
Sendithu takes a sip of her Pale.

Vansiil gets a cut-crystal glass of iridescent gaharzen grog from inside his traveler's backpack.

Shevden nods at Kraggur, obviously agreeing with his views.

Kraggur gets a curved ebony pipe carved to resemble a raven in flight from inside his icesilk cloak.
Aleyden gags a bit and then opens his mouth, a jet of roaring white-hot pouring from it. Strangely, he looks immensely relieved.

Vansiil offers Malzard a cut-crystal glass of iridescent gaharzen grog.

Sendithu blinks at Aleyden.

Malzard smiles slightly.

Malzard accepts Vansiil's gaharzen grog.

Kraggur says, "Well, welcome ta Forfedhdar, on behalf o' tha Wardens o' tha Biiskbowr."

Malzard nods graciously at Vansiil, giving him a polite smile.

Malzard gazes at his grog.

Vansiil chortles softly at some secret joke.

Vansiil rummages through a spidersilk traveler's backpack, pausing once in a while and then quickly resuming the search.

Malzard says, "Heres to the occassion."

Raising his gaharzen grog to Vansiil, Malzard gives him a toast.
Malzard takes a sip of his grog.

Vansiil gets a bottle of flaming firesprite fury from inside his traveler's backpack.

Vansiil offers you a bottle of flaming firesprite fury. Enter ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

Kraggur says, "Due to some... technical.... difficulties involvin' Vansiil drinkin' all tha ale.... we're a bit light this eve, but I do believe we should hae a shipment o' tha Biiskbowr's finest when tha temple is reconsecrated in a few weeks here."

Offer declined.

Vansiil takes a drink of his firesprite fury and you can swear you can see smoke when he exhales. Looking suddenly very uncomfortable, he falls to the ground and rolls around as if trying to put out a fire in him clothes.

Sendithu grins.

You whisper to Vansiil, "no thank you , I dislike hard alcohol"

Vansiil starts sweating, looking uncomfortably hot for some reason.

Vansiil rolls around on the ground. Typical.
Vansiil coughs.

Vansiil leaps to his feet!

Vansiil clutches his chest, looking very pained.

Vansiil cries out in agony, clutching his stomach.

Vansiil says, "That hits the spot."

Shevden raises an eyebrow in Vansiil's direction.

Vansiil seems to relax a little bit, letting out a sigh of relief.

Vansiil offers Shevden a bottle of flaming firesprite fury.

Shevden accepts Vansiil's firesprite fury.

Shevden calmly says, "Ok, ya got my curiousity up."

Shevden takes a drink of his firesprite fury and you can swear you can see smoke when he exhales. Looking suddenly very uncomfortable, he falls to the ground and rolls around as if trying to put out a fire in him clothes.

Vansiil snickers.

Shevden starts sweating, looking uncomfortably hot for some reason.

Sendithu tilts her Ishra's Pale side to side, making the light play off it.

Shevden calmly says, "Wow, gots a kick to it."

Shevden clutches his chest, looking very pained.

Kraggur says, "Anyhow, welcome 'n well met ta ya fra Shard 'n thanks fer comin'."

Shevden offers Vansiil a bottle of flaming firesprite fury.

Vansiil accepts Shevden's firesprite fury.

Vansiil puts his fury in his traveler's backpack.

Shevden cries out in agony, clutching his stomach.

Shevden seems to relax a little bit, letting out a sigh of relief.

Kraggur says, "We hae enlisted tha services o' tha Bardess Terra who will perform a ceremonial dwarven dance in a few weeks when tha Temple is reconsecrated proper."
Kraggur asks, "So.... anyone hae any tales, stories, songs, or words about famous dwarves?"

Kraggur asks, "Er those who hae assisted us through tha long years?"

Kraggur rubs a curved ebony pipe carved to resemble a raven in flight.

[Temple of Kertigen, Central Chamber]
An enormous vaulted cavern opens out deep into the heart of the mountain, the ceiling lost in shadows far overhead. The walls of the chamber appear untouched by any tools, displaying the natural beauty of the rock cradling this underground cathedral. In its center, a highly polished granite altar rises, unadorned by carvings or ornamentation, and flanked to either side by two steadily burning tapers.
Also here: Raven Priest Shevden, Druid Kraggur, Wind Runner Aleyden, Spear Hand Vansiil, Ambassador Sendithu, Commander Jairem, Malzard.
Obvious exits: north, east, west, up.
Thief Zandrith just arrived.

Kraggur waves to Zandrith.

Zandrith nods to Kraggur.

Kraggur asks, "Not e'eryone at once, eh?"

Shevden calmly says, "Well, if you like, I can say a prayer before we get the stories out there to Kertigen."

Shevden smiles at Kraggur.

Kraggur nods to Shevden.

Zandrith's body below the waist is dripping water everywhere.

Kraggur says to Shevden, "Aye, 'n none fitter ta say such words than a Raven Priest."
>
Shevden recites:

"Kertigen, bless these who are in attendance today in your holy hall
May we bring honor to both you and all the dwarves that have influenced both the lands of Forfedhdar and also all of Elanthia."

Shevden places his hands together in silent prayer. A smile passes his lips and you can't help but notice how he begins to rub his hands together.
Shevden nods to Kraggur.

Shevden nods politely.

Kraggur nods to Shevden.

Kraggur says, "Ah, so now a story o' High Hold...."

Aleyden praises Kraggur.

Aleyden takes a drink of his throat melter. He makes an effort to swallow, but doesn't seem to be faring very well. Small puffs of smoke rise from his nostrils.
Kraggur chants:

"Long ago, in the mountains to the south
Dwelt the dwarves of Adamantia, high above the plains below
Tween Albaria and Kermoria, sheltering the lowlands to the north"

Aleyden rubs his throat, looking very uncomfortable.

Aleyden puts his hand to his throat, looking like he is about to choke.

Aleyden looks very pained, as if choking on something, and puffs of smoke escape from the corners of his mouth.

Aleyden gags a bit and then opens his mouth, a jet of roaring white-hot pouring from it. Strangely, he looks immensely relieved.

Kraggur chants:

"Some will say that the Sana'ati Dyaus Drui'tas is the elder
But stone and iron cannot lie, High Hold was there amongst the first"

Kraggur chants:

"Now in ages long past, before Lanival was ever known
The Gorbesh tried to siege the girdle of the world
Elven might upon the seas was broken
Dwarven might was strongly contested"

Kraggur chants:

"King Dougan Stonecleft fell to war, and his mantle was taken up
Borne by Calcine Hammerfell.
The Gorbesh were broken upon High Hold's gates
And this is a story of King Hammerfell"

Kraggur says, "Calcine Hammerfell was not always the dwarf of legend as is now known amongst the lowlanders."

Kraggur says, "'Originally he was nothing more than a common forester, working the hills of Hiimarhand Shel to feed the eternal forges of High Hold."

Kraggur asks, "Now, how did the come by the name of Hammerfell? Does anyone know?"

Vansiil asks, "Dropped a hammer?"

Kraggur snorts at Vansiil.

Vansiil says, "Was a guess."

Kraggur asks, "Anyone hae a mer educated guess than master Vansiil?"
Kraggur raises an eyebrow in Shevden's direction.

You ask, "He slew a Gorbesh leader with a warhammer?"

Kraggur says to you, "Close but not quite... that was in his later years..."

Aleyden asks, "He fell over a hammer in the forge?"

Vansiil praises Aleyden.

Kraggur grunts darkly at Aleyden.

Kraggur says, "Nae."

Shevden looks at Kraggur and shrugs.

Aleyden says, "I'm bad a names."

Kraggur says, "He earned the name by usin' his hammer ta knock down trees. Found it did be quicker 'n usin' an axe."
>
Kraggur says to Sendithu, "As tha Raven Priest can attest, hammers be a right powerful tool."

Shevden nods.

Shevden nods in agreement.

Shevden gets a war mattock from inside his oilcloth rucksack.

Shevden leans on his mattock.

Shevden calmly says, "I can see why he'd prefer to use a hammer o'er an axe."

Kraggur grunts at Shevden.

Kraggur says, "Now, e'en in our tellings, it nae be sure why he decided upon such an unconventional approach ta foresting..."

Kraggur tugs at the tip of his beard distractedly.

Shevden calmly says, "Maybe back in tha day, the roots weren't in as deep on the trees."

Kraggur says, "Except that it did come in handy in tha later years against the wars wit' tha Gorbesh."

Kraggur says, "Since there be nae too much different 'tween a plate clad Gorbesh 'n a big tree."

Shevden calmly says, "Both stockyness and intelligence wise."

Shevden nods.

Shevden makes a laughing grunting noise.

Kraggur says, "Now, others hae said that it also be a sign o' his devout nature, that he would nae take up 'n axe, instead favorin' Kertigen's tool above all others."

The wind ruffles Kraggur's beard and he reaches up to smooth it back down.

Kraggur says, "An that be tha story o' how Calcine Hammerfell earned his last name."

Malzard adds to Kraggur's praises.

Shevden praises Kraggur.

Kraggur asks, "Now, anyone else hae any stories, lore, er such that they'd like ta be sharin'?"

Kraggur raises an eyebrow in Jairem's direction.

Malzard says, "I'm afraid I came to learn about Dwarven lore more than anything else."

Jairem articulately goes over several major points regarding advanced Arcana to you.

Kraggur asks, "Anythin' in particular?"

Malzard says, "I had nothing specific in mind, no."

Aleyden raises his hand.

Kraggur points at Aleyden.

Aleyden says, "With all these inquistors and stuff as of late... you can tell about the Dark Dwarves again. To refresh my memories. I think that touches on some elven and dwarven interaction."
Kraggur scowls.

Kraggur spits on the floor disgustedly.

Sendithu raises an eyebrow.

Kraggur says, "Curse upon tha Bone Elves, tha Mountain Elves, 'n their rotten stinkin' ways."

Sendithu narrows her eyes.

Vansiil coughs.

Kraggur says, "N a pox upon them dwarves who'd be lettin' themselves turned by necromancy 'n false magics."

Kraggur folds his arms across his chest.

Vansiil whispers something to Sendithu.

Kraggur scowls.

Sendithu whispers something to Jairem.

Aleyden casually observes the area.

Kraggur says, "Anyhow, afore I start another war 'tween elvenkind 'n dwarfkind."

Jairem says to Sendithu, "A pond with nary a ripple on its pleasant surface."

Jairem smiles at Sendithu.

Sendithu leans on Jairem.

Sendithu gives Jairem a slight nod.

Kraggur says, "Back in tha lon' history afore men were doin' little more 'n scrabblin' wit' sticks in caves off in tha west fra where they came...."

Kraggur says, "There did be some bad business involvin' tha ol' city o' Garnedhren, tha dwarves, tha elves, 'n tha city now known as Elamiri."

Shevden calmly says to Kraggur, "With all tha undead prowlin tha area and knockin on the city gates, I understand 'bout your anger with the dark dwarves and the Bone Elves."

Kraggur slowly empties his lungs.

Kraggur says, "Anyhow, did be some events that went on, ended wit' Morganae takin' King Hvalig's crown fra his own head."
>
Kraggur says, "Tha Iron Kingdom, one o' tha most ancient o' dwarven Kingdoms, fell wit' his death."

Kraggur says, "Tha survivors fled inta tha wilds, swearin' dark oaths o' vengance upon tha Mountain Elves....."

Kraggur says, "... 'n tha Bone Elves, fer their ends against tha Mountain Elves, heard these dark oaths 'n swore assistance ta tha remnants o' tha Iron Kingdom who did nae leave ta join tha o'er kingoms, such as Adamania, er our own Kwarlog."

Kraggur says, "Wit' such hate in their hearts, 'n tha willin' assistance o' tha Bone Elves, turned ta necromancy 'n sorcery in order ta seek their revenge."

Shevden makes a grunting noise.

Kraggur says, "Sidhlot turned them well, 'n slowly they did be changed by tha dark arts inta somethin...."

Kraggur gazes off into the distance.

Kraggur softly says, "Evil."

You ask, "What were they called again, the name of these undead beings?"
>
Vansiil asks, "Was it Elba Darvager?"

Kraggur says, "Dark Dwarves in tha Common tongue."

Kraggur says, "Elba Darvager in Gamgweth."

Kraggur says, "Tha Haakish word be such that I will not say it."

Kraggur says, "Fer them that hae been ta tha caverns upon Aesry, tha last remants o' that foul breed ken be found."

Kraggur says, "That they ken breed 'n still be alive, let me be thinkin' at they be nae undead, but instead some foul sorcerous perversion."

Kraggur says, "Hideous, wit' a black carapace, horn stickin' fra twixt their eyes."

Malzard gives a slight nod.

Kraggur says, "An' a craft fer weapons that ken nearly match their original dwarven nature."

Kraggur slowly rolls his head around in a circle, closing his eyes as he adjusts his icesilk cloak.

Kraggur spits on the floor disgustedly.

Kraggur yells, "Kertigen blast them ta tha farthest reaches fer their betrayal!"

Shevden nods in agreement.

Kraggur mutters something into the air about not wishing any offense to any elves who may be present.

Vansiil says, "Hey, Kraggur, I've got a question about some dwarven customs...."

Sendithu chuckles at Kraggur.

Shevden chuckles.

Shevden calmly says, "Probably be good right 'bout now."

Shevden grins at Vansiil.

Vansiil asks, "What are the pillars that I've heard you reference before?"

Kraggur says to Sendithu, "Nae offense intended there.... hae studied tha histories o' tha Iron Kingdom 'n Adamantia closely, 'n both fell ultimately ta necromantic 'n sorcerous practices."

Jairem imparts some of his Arcana knowledge to you, and you feel that the precepts are slowly beginning to sink in.

Sendithu smiles at Kraggur.

Kraggur says, "Ah... tha Pillars o' tha Dwarves."

Sendithu asks Kraggur, "I was not there, of course, being far too young, and I am neither sorceror nor necromancer. How could I take offense?"

Kraggur asks, "Who here else hae heard o' tha Pillars o' tha Dwarves?"

Kraggur flashes a wide grin at Sendithu.

Kraggur just hugged Sendithu.

Sendithu pats Kraggur on the back.

Shevden calmly says, "I've seen reference in a couple of book, but I haven't had time to do a hefty study on 'em."

Kraggur mutters something to Shevden about having spent too much time amongst the lowlanders.

Shevden grunts at Kraggur.

Kraggur says, "There be perhaps no tradition mer important ta a dwarf than their pillar."

Kraggur says, "It is tha recordin' o' ones history inta tha livin' stone itself."

Kraggur says, "Each dwarf will make their own pillar, wit' six parts ta it."

Malzard takes a sip of his grog.

Kraggur says, "Upon their death, it is placed at their tomb to serve as a recordin' o their deeds. A given family will hae their totems gathered in tha same spot, creatin' "totem groves."

(Kraggur draws his hood over his head shadowing his face entirely so that only his beard can be seen)

Kraggur says, "It marks tha great tragedy o' tha loss o' tha dwarf holds."

Kraggur says, "Collectively, tha family histories o' tha Iron Kingdom 'n Adamantia 'n tha Gemfire Dwarves hae been lost."

Shevden calmly says, "I remember me father talkin 'bout the pillars now. I remember some of the details, but its been a long while since I was a wee dwarf."

Jairem imparts some of his Arcana knowledge to you, and you feel that the precepts are slowly beginning to sink in.

Kraggur says, "Alone, tha Gemfire Dwarves retain some portion o' their history due ta their close ties wit' Kwarlog 'n its standin' as tha youngest o' tha outposts, save fer Stone Clan."

Malzard asks, "You say your own pillars, you say?"

Kraggur nods to Malzard.

Kraggur says to Malzard, "Aye, that do be correct."

Malzard asks, "Are they created throughout one's lifetime, or is the entirely thing constructed shortly before the end?"

Malzard clears his throat.

Kraggur says, "Throughout ones lifetime."

Malzard says, "Fascinating."

Kraggur says, "Six aspects are carved upon ones Pillar."

Shevden nods.

Shevden calmly asks, "May I Kraggur?"

Kraggur nods to Shevden.

Shevden calmly says, "Basically the pillar represents the life of the dwarf."

Kraggur says, "Tha Raven Priest shall tell what he may, then I will give an example fra each o' tha aspects o' me own pillar that I hae carved."

Shevden calmly says, "The first aspect shows about the persons gender, ancestery, and about the person himself."

Shevden calmly says, "Or the core of the person."

Kraggur says, "In tha case o' me pillar, tha base be carved as such."

Kraggur chants:

"Kraggur
Kraggath-mag, Kreggath-mag, Kreggur-mag"

Kraggur nods to Shevden.

Shevden calmly says, "The second one shows about where the person was born at and also what season."

Shevden calmly says, "So it could show the image of where 'bouts you were born at, then it would show extra details about the season also. For example..."

Kraggur says, "Above tha name o' me, me father, me father's father, and his father, be tha second aspect."

Shevden calmly says, "If you were born in the mountains, it'd show a snow covered mountain."

Kraggur says, "A raven circling above a mountain peak, the sun rising high above."

Kraggur nods to Shevden.

Shevden calmly says, "The third aspect is goin to show your profession and kinda in a way, shows the coming of age."

Shevden nods to Kraggur.

Kraggur says, "Upon tha third aspect is carved tha lunar symbol fer tha evenin' star; In my case it be fairly primitive, fer I was.... different.... when it came time ta carve that aspect. Then I hae since added a welkin image, wit' tha evenin' star servin' fer one o' its eyes."

Shevden calmly says, "The fourth aspect gives an image of the person's heart. Basically, where yer heart is dedicated towards. It might show an image of a loved one. If'n the person chooses to remain celibate, that part will remain blank."

Kraggur says, "An as such, me fourth aspect remain blank fer now."

Shevden calmly says, "The fifth aspect marks any major achievements you've accomplished. A good way to look at this is the third aspect shows the path yer walkin, and the fifth shows why."

Kraggur says, "Me fifth aspect be an intricately carved open book, resting upon a pile of scrolls."

Shevden mutters something into the air about mining spikes and Kraggur.

Kraggur snorts at Shevden.

Shevden calmly says, "The sixth an final aspect shows the dwarves animal guardian."

Kraggur says, "A raven stylized in three ways: the first is a carving; the second are holes drilled forming the constellation of the raven; and the third is the lunar sigil for the raven."

Shevden calmly says, "Well, once the pillar is completed, if your family has a grove, they place it in the family totem grove..."

Kraggur says, "An' fer those like me, it will one day serve upon tha Haalikshal Highway."

Kraggur says, "Unless one day, tha mines in tha Gemfire are reclaimed 'n reopened."

Kraggur gazes off into the distance.

Kraggur sighs.

Kraggur says, "So that be tha lore behind tha pillars o' tha dwarves."

Malzard nods graciously at Kraggur, giving him a polite smile.

Shevden calmly says, "In all honesty, with my studies in the Cleric Guild, I really haven't had a chance to even begin plannin my pillar. An to Kraggur's comment earlier, yes, I spent a lot of time up in the Zoulran area, but I'm happy to be back home so I may sit down and start planning mine."

Shevden makes a sad grunting noise.

Kraggur nods to Sendithu.

Kraggur asks, "Any other bits o' lore yer wantin' ta know?"

Kraggur says, "We will hae sommat mer.... lively... at tha full rededication ceremony in a few weeks time, as I did mention earlier."

Sendithu says, "You have given us a lot to think about."

Sendithu nods.

Kraggur says, "Hopefully Vansiil'll nae hog all tha ale this time."

Vansiil whistles a merry tune.

Kraggur mutters something into the air about needing to brew a fresh batch again.

Kraggur bops Vansiil over the head.

Shevden chuckles.

Vansiil knocks on a pickle barrel fashioned into a keg with a burin handle for a spigot.

Vansiil says, "Empty..."

Kraggur says to Vansiil, "Sendin' ya first inta tha mines when I finally get tha expedition back inta tha Gemfire goin' again."

A tear runs down Vansiil's face.

Shevden pats Vansiil on the back.

Vansiil says, "Sure, make an Elf do all the real work for ya."

Vansiil nods to Kraggur.

Vansiil strikes a heroic pose.

Kraggur says to Vansiil, "Use ya ta flush out tha goblins so Shevvie 'n I ken deal wit' tha funner stuff. Like giants, black orcs, 'n what'er else hae taken root there in tha last decades."

Vansiil snorts, loudly.

Kraggur says, "Well, ifn there nae be mer questions, I'll be askin' ya all fer a few moments o' silence, then tha Raven Priest will hae a closin' prayer ta Kertigen."

Malzard gives a slight nod.

Kraggur says, "Ah, also make sure ta check around fer scrolls wit' information about tha larger event."

Kraggur tugs at the tip of his beard distractedly.

Kraggur asks Vansiil, "I ferget anythin?"

Shevden glances at Vansiil.

Vansiil shakes his head.

Kraggur nods.

Kraggur grunts matter-of-factly at Shevden.

Shevden nods.

(Shevden bows his head reverently.)
Shevden recites:

"Thank you Kertigen for allowing us in your holy halls today
May the stories and tales shared here today bring glory to both you and also the dwarves that helped carve us a place to call our own
As we leave this place, may these tales linger in our minds and our hearts so we can bring honor to our ancestors and also to our future decendants."

(Kraggur casts his cowl back and then faces the altar.)

Vansiil just touched a polished granite altar.

Vansiil bows to a polished granite altar.

Kraggur kneels down.

Kraggur just kissed a polished granite altar!

Kraggur stands up.

(Shevden raises his head towards the heavens and smiles brightly.)

They thank everyone for attending, the Court of Ilithi thank them for holding the event, we moon gate back to Ilithi, courtesy of Commander Jairem.

Celitha
Re: Dwarven Remembrance Day (12/29/2009 - 9pm Eastern) (Event Log) 12/30/2009 04:22 PM CST
Thanks for the log Celitha, hope you all enjoyed it!

Moon Mages who get hit with HULP should indulge in their Survival Secondary side and run away.

-Armifer