Albreda vigil notes 10/01/2009 09:24 PM CDT
Terra stands solemnly in the center of the prayer chamber, her head bowed and hands clasped together. Moving slowly and with reverence, she retrieves a small altar candle from her charm bag and begins to light it. Sparks catch the wick, and the effect is immediate and dazzling - the single flame is caught and reflected by the myriad hanging mirrors as the entire chamber is filled with brilliant reddish gold light. Gently lowering it, she places the candle at the far back of the altar so as to allow space for offerings in the center.

Nothing about the pure white granite of this altar should contribute to the sense of peace that fills this room, yet it is the only object here.

Terra recites:

"I would like to thank all of you for coming today. We gather to pray to the goddess Albreda for guidance. The cementer of alliances and the peacemaker, she knows many forms and faces. "

You see a diminishing form that is you within an endless repetition of the white granite altar reflected from many mirrors.

Terra softly says, "I have included appropriate offerings to the benevolent Goddess in the chest on the floor. Please feel free to take one if you wish to obtain favor, or if you simply wish to bring with you a memento of today's gathering."

Terra tilts her head down to indicate an open treasure chest near the altar filled with various dove trinkets and charms.

In the treasure chest you see a silver dove charm, a glass dove, an Albreda charm, a glass rose, a glass dove, a glass dove, a glass dove, a glass dove, a glass dove, a glass dove, a glass dove, a glass dove, a glass dove, a glass dove, some dove hairbeads, a glass rose, a glass rose and a glass dove.

Terra calmly says, "I would like to say a few words followed by a prayer. Then I would like to offer the altar for those who might like to say something."

Brief flashes of silver light illuminate the surroundings in sharp bursts as shimmering bolts arc from within the depths of the shadowy orb, swirling around Cerval merely to rejoin with their parent on the other side.

Terra chants in a mezzo-soprano voice:

"Bringer of Peace
Forger of Alliances
You who watches over all lost children.
We beseech your wisdom in this time of great peril.
Please help guide us, for yours is the divine council we require."

"When darkness threatens to swallow us
Guide us back to the light.
Where there is doubt, swell our hearts with faith
Where there is despair, let us find hope."

Terra inhales deeply, calming herself as she gazes into the light of the flickering candle.

Terra's able tutoring continues, in an effort to insure that you more fully understand Targeted Magic.

"Please help to fill the hearts of those who hate with the joy of forgiveness.
Help us to join hands and unite as one.
So that we may vanquish the darkness that threatens our existence."

"Let old grudges dissolve, and new alliances be forged.
I ask you to use us as instruments of your will.
Give us the strength to rise above this evil."

Terra says, "So glad that you can make it."
Terra says to Cerval, "So glad you could make it."
Sionyl says to Malzard, "It is a great honor to once more be in your presence."
Cerval says, "I'm still not sure what help Albreda will be in a time like this."
Cerval says, "But maybe you two can convince me."
Malzard says to Sionyl, "Thank you. It is good seeing you as well, Sionyl."
Terra says, "You would think a Priest would have a bit more of an open mind."
Cerval says, "I haven't given up on the idea yet."
Terra says, "Good."
Terra says, "This prayer vigil is in no way an attempt to beseech Albreda for peace with the undead minions."
Terra says, "Thank you for coming."
Terra says, "Glad you could make it."
Malzard says to Vahlissa, "Good evening."
Vahlissa says, "Glad to be here."
Xzean says to Terra, "Sionyl would not let me stay behind."
Terra asks, "Malzard, perhaps you could do me a favor and shift a moonbeam to Glizten?"
Terra says, "And then open a gate, she should be within range."
Malzard says, "Hello friends."
Terra says, "It's turning out not to be too bad of a turnout."
Tzian says, "Greetings."
You say, "If anyone would like a dove charm, symbol of the Goddes Albreda, I have some."
Terra says, "I also have some offerings I will be bringing out once we get inside the temple."
Terra says, "I must say, this already exceeds my expectations of a count. And I know for sure two more are coming."
Terra asks, "Does everyone know everyone here?"
Glizten says, "Nope."
Malzard asks Terra, "Must I?"
Terra says, "Okay, well everynoe..this is everyone."
Terra says to Malzard, "If you wouldn't mind."
Sionyl says, "I know many here but I am Sionyl Faelrlyn, and this is my cousin Xzean."
Tzian says, "Nice to see you again Sionyl."
Vahlissa says, "I'm Vahlissa Rexem'lor. My friends call me Lissa. It's nice to be here."
Marsais says, "I'm Marsais."
Terra says, "Marsais is around, he will be here short...ahh there he is."
Marsais says, "Nice to see you all."
Terra asks, "I think everyone here already knows that we're engaged now?"
Marsais asks Sionyl, "I hope all is well? Try out the cantrip yet?"
Glizten says, "I'm Glizten, Tzian's ball and chain."
Vahlissa says, "I am happy for you both. You make a great couple."
Sionyl says to Marsais, "Not yet, but I shall soon enough."
Terra says, "Ah good to see you."
Sendithu asks, "Good to be seen! I am not late, am I?"
Terra says, "No no, we are still waiting on a few more."
Terra says, "And we still have five roisaen before we are scheduled to begin at any rate."
Sendithu says, "Good good. I find myself concentrating so hard on that icy road that I lose track of time."
Terra asks, "It's horrible, isn't it?"
Malzard asks, "Road?"
Marsais asks, "There are.. roads?"
Sendithu asks, "Mmmhmm, some of us walk places. Weird, right?"
You ask, "So anyone for a charm?"
Terra matter-of-factly says to Malzard, "Of course you can't be bothered with such mundane things."
Sionyl says, "Yes, I need to go seek that shard while I am here."
Marsais says to you, "Pleasure to see you and glad you could make it."
You say, "Good to see you again as well Marsais."
Sionyl says, "I do not wish to make that journey again by standard means."
You say, "Congratulations."
Marsais says, "Thank you."
Xzean says to Sionyl, "Our feet serve the rest of us well enough."
Marsais says to Sionyl, "The bed and breakfast is amazing at the top of the mountain too."
Marsais says, "She makes the best pancakes."
Marsais says, "Hmm, hmm good."
Sionyl says to Marsais, "My cousin is too dour to appreciate such trips."
Marsais says, "Some good pancakes from Momma's with maple syrup would cheer him right up."
You ask, "Ohhh pancakes?"
Aeviona exclaims, "Where!"
Daerte says to Terra, "Unfortunately Sijan is unable to return home to the plateau and this area at this time. She is seeking information regarding a certain person."
Marsais asks Xzean, "Fluffy buttered biscuits?"
Sionyl says, "I highly doubt that."
You say, "The Court Mage would love it then i daresay due to his sect."
Malzard says, "Wise of you to hide."
Cerval asks, "Sijan has been investigating a person?"
Daerte says to Terra, "She does send her warm wishes however and hopes she can run into you soon."
Marsais says to Aeviona, "Glad you could make it, you're practically glowing."
You say, "No fair I am in town."
You say, "And have no natural advantage."
Marsais says, "It's ok Celitha i'll pretend I didn't see you."
Aeviona exclaims to Marsais, "Thank you!"
Terra says, "If you will all please join me, we will beign in a few moments. Just let me gather my thoughts."
Sendithu says, "Thank you."
You say, "It is alright, if he wants to torment me later for the pancake remark, that is fair enough."
Malzard says, "Nonsense, we do love our breakfast food, after all."
Marsais says, "He's loud."
Terra says, "Thank you Celitha."
Daerte quietly says to Malzard, "If you have a chance after this or perhaps another time I would love to speak with you regarding a certain voidspawn."
Malzard says to Daerte, "Of course."
Marsais says to Daerte, "Always good to see you my friend."
Terra asks, "Alrigh, are we all ready?"
Daerte says to Marsais, "Same to you. I hope all has been well with you since last we met. I have heard quite a bit about a cheerful event."
Tzian says, "Thank you."
Terra says, "I will try not to take up too much of your time this evening. And I greatly appreciate all of you coming."
Marsais asks Daerte, "Oh really?"
Terra says, "Please feel free to roam the rest of the temple after we have finished. You'll find a stunning wall mosaic to the west in the Peace Alcove."
Terra asks, "Unless anyone has objections, I think we can begin?"
Terra says, "Glizten has agreed to clean the altar for us. Thank you Glizten."
Glizten says, "Most welcome."
Terra softly says, "I have included appropriate offerings to the benevolent Goddess in the chest on the floor. Please feel free to take one if you wish to obtain favor, or if you simply wish to bring with you a memento of today's gathering."
Terra calmly says, "I would like to say a few words followed by a prayer. Then I would like to offer the altar for those who might like to say something."
Terra says, "Some may question why I think it is important to hold a prayer vigil to Albreda. The misconception that perhaps I think we can make peace with the undead hordes is, to put it quite plainly, foolish. Instead, I beseech her for her mercy and her ability to find light even in the darkest corner of our hearts. We live now in a time where politics have a heavy hand in world decision making."
Terra says, "This concerns me a great deal. How can a land divided hope to stand a chance against the single greatest threat we have ever faced? The answer is that we cannot."
Terra says, "So I seek her guidance. I look to her for the hope that our Rulers and the people they govern can look past our differences, so that we may unite and stop this terrible power."
Terra says, "So I ask this of you, govern your actions and your thoughts with an open mind. Practice compassion and understanding. You may think that one person cannot make a difference, but even the smallest act of kindness can set off a chain of events that could change the course of history."
Terra says, "With that, I open the altar for anyone wishing to speak a few words."
Terra asks, "Would anyone like to go first?"
Marsais says, "I have something to say."
Marsais says, "As a warrior who often acts first and asks questions later, the Goddess Albreda was one of the Immortals I gave little thought to, until I met Terra."
Marsais says, "In this shrine, I found many things that Albreda holds dear. She is the bringer of peace, her blessing brought lasting peace to the Seven-Star Empire, but what struck me most of all was the simple depictions of every day family life."
Marsais says, "A father plowing a field, while a mother gardens with two children playing nearby. A family enjoying a peaceful picnic."
Marsais says, "A mother holding her newborn infant while a proud father looks on. A wedding full of celebration and happiness."
Marsais says, "These things we take for granted, but often we find the most enjoyment in the 'mundane'. The things that fill our lives."
Marsais says, "It is no wonder that Albreda despises bloodshed and war, for these dear things cannot flourish in violence."
Marsais says, "This is no war however. One province will not conquer another and life flourish once again in time. If Lyras succeeds, there will be no laughter, nor families, no infants, nor proud fathers. There will be desolation."
Marsais says, "I beseech her now to bring her gentle blessings upon our lands. For everything she holds dear lays on a razor's edge."
Marsais softly says, "This is not an offering normally accepted..."
Marsais reverently places a plush snowbeast atop a granite altar
Marsais softly says, "But I believe she will know and understand its significance. May her blessings light our lives."
Terra says to Marsais, "You have a way with words. That was beautiful."
Xzean says, "I believe I will say something briefly."
Xzean says, "Simply put, Elanthia faces a crisis like never before. A Demon from another reality wishes to consume our own, and yet..."
Xzean darkly says, "All I see are bickering childish fools, killing each other to make the Demon's work easier."
Xzean says, "If this Goddess, or even if simply us gathered here shows that some stand for a greater peace in the face of annihilation.."
Xzean quietly says, "Then my time here is well spent."
Xzean says, "That is all."
Terra says to Xzean, "Thank you."
Tzian asks, "May I?"
Terra says, "Please do."
Tzian says, "I am young and still learning.. but what i know of this goddess is that.. in times like this.. she is the blanket after the storm.. the one who holds you when war and death are too close."
Tzian says, "When faced with such.. she is the saftey in the night.. the candle against the dark when after war.. and death and pain.. she is the peace giver."
Tzian says, "I pray that she will aid those who survive.. to deal with what they are forced to endure."
Tzian says, "Thank you."
Terra says, "Thank you Tzian."
Daerte asks, "May I share a few words?"
Daerte says, "First I will admit that despite hanging out with such talented friends, I am not the best of speakers."
Daerte says, "But I thought it important to speak on the importance that peace and Albreda's ways can lend to us in trying times."
Daerte says, "So close to my home on the plateau I am reminded of the ways of my people. Long ago we were nothing but warring tribes who brought much bloodshed to each other."
Daerte says, "It was not until the great Kir Dor'na'torna was guided by the spirits, and possibly Albreda, returned to us after exile to bring us together."
Daerte says, "He spoke enlightened words and brought peace to the plateau and our tribes banded together, eventually bringing us posterity. We became a joined people who are now proud and strong."
Daerte says, "It is through peace that we can find ourselves, even in times of great war."
Daerte says, "Such is all I wish to share."
Terra says, "Thank you."
Terra asks, "Would anyone else like to share something?"
Aeviona quietly says, "I would like to go."
Vahlissa says, "I would."
Terra says, "Lovely."
Vahlissa says, "You first."
Aeviona says, "First I have to say that this is my first vigil, so please forgive me if I do this incorrectly."
Aeviona says, "Secondly I want to thank Terra for inviting Denstimar and me. I now see just how much we need Albreda's blessing right now."
Aeviona says, "This is probably one of the worst times to bring a child into the world, but I hope with more vigils such as this, we can rise up and destroy the darkness that enshrouds us all."
Aeviona quietly says, "That's all. Thank you."
Vahlissa asks, "Shall I?"
Vahlissa says, "I'm sure most of you are aware of the strains that are hovering over the Provinces. You would think that at a such time of need and cooperation the individuals governing out Provinces would use the opportunity to show their leadership."
Vahlissa says, "Instead, they seem to be at odds. Perhaps not all of them but most certainly every single one of them could do more to unite the people across Elanthia."
Vahlissa says, "I stand here before you all to ask Albreda to spread her wisdom from the deserts of Muspar'i to Shard and M'riss to Hibarnhvidar. I pray our province leaders will not miss this opportunity to rise and unite instead of displaying actions that seperate and alienate their people from those of other provinces."
Vahlissa says, "It is a time to reach across the borders and focus on a common goal to defeat Lyras despite our differences in race, religion and alliances."
Vahlissa says, "That is all I really wanted to say."
Terra says to Vahlissa, "Well spoken, as usual."
Sionyl says, "I shall be as brief as possible."
Sionyl says, "We are all aware of the storm that is Lyras that plagues all lands and how until the lands unite we hold no chance of survival, and survival is what we need most to do at this time."
Sionyl says, "I stand here filled with visions, visions of white feathers floating across the fields of battle..."
Sionyl says, "I accept hope from this, as Her touch is delivered to the soldiers that have fallen."
Sionyl says, "We must be those warriors though, we cannot rely upon the political machinations of our "leaders". Being here we prove that we are the small wind that can stear away the storm."
Sionyl says, "Some of us will fall, and others shall loose themselves to the evil that plagues the lands but we must not falter..."
Sionyl says, "Let your wings encase us and keep us strong for the battles to come, this is what I ask."
Terra says, "Thank you Sionyl."
Terra asks, "Would anyone else like to say a few words?"

Terra reverently places a long-stemmed ruby-red glass rose atop the granite altar.

Terra kneels down.

Terra begins to pray.

Terra prays fervently.

Terra prays fervently.

Terra stands up.

Terra's offering is consumed in a blinding flash of light. When your vision clears, a glowing Albreda orb rests in its place upon the altar.

Terra gets a glowing Albreda orb from atop a white granite altar.

Terra says, "I would like to thank all of you for coming, and sharing your prayers and words of wisdom on this day."
Marsais says, "All words of wisdom and sense to be sure."
Terra says, "I realize that I am probably the only devotee of the Goddess here at the moment, but I think others have begun to grasp more of a sense of why it is I wished to gather here."
Terra says, "It is in giving that we receive. It is in pardoning that we are pardoned."

Terra says, "The only thing I ask is that we all make an active effort to be compassionate and forgiving, in hopes that our actions will influence those around us. A land divided stands a small chance against a foe as dangerous as Lyras."
Terra says, "But a land united, well... that is different."

Terra says, "Thanks to each of you for your attendance, patience, and reverence today. If you would like to take a memento with you, I have several in the chest on the floor here."
Terra asks, "Would anyone else like to add anything before I dismiss the gathering?"
Sionyl says, "You speak words of kindness Terra, but more than compassion and forgiveness will be needed if we are to defeat Lyras and the demon inside."
Terra quietly says, "Thank you Albreda, for hearing our prayers."

Sendithu says to Terra, "Thank you for doing this, it was lovely."
Marsais says to Terra, "Yes, thank you for gathering us, my dear."
Terra says, "I am surprised at the turn out. I wouldn't say that Albreda has the largest following, and the implications of what a prayer vigil to her might be could have been very misleading."
Terra says, "I guess nobody isi in the market for a glass dove or a pouf of hairbeads."
Marsais says, "Many of the Immortals are sadly overlooked by the masses."
Sionyl asks, "Hairbeads?"
Terra says, "Celitha has kindly offered to transcribe this evenings events. A special thank you to her."
Marsais says, "It is a shame."
Sendithu says, "I would like to remind everyone that, in the spirit of unity, we will be joining together for a massive undead hunt tomorrow. The aim is to kill 10,000 of them, from Therengia to Ilithi."
Tzian says, "Terra.. thank you for including me.. us.. in the invite for this."
Terra says, "I am honored that you all came."
Terra says, "This is a much greater turnout for an Albreda vigil than I could have imagined."
Sionyl says, "Have more faith in yourself then Terra."
Daerte asks, "She is one who brings many together, is she not?"
Terra says, "So with that, we are dismissed."
Marsais says, "Terra is amazing."
Malzard says to Terra, "Whatever works, at this point."
Sionyl asks, "Can I trouble one of the other mages to direct me to the shard that is close to here?"
Marsais says to Malzard, "Have hope my friend. All is not lost."
Terra says, "I'll walk us to the gate, so you can easily navigate your way back."
Terra says, "It really means a lot to me that all of you came. Thank you."

[Albreda's Shrine, Hall of Reflections]
The long, narrow mirrors that line the walls of this area are hung so as to infinitely reproduce each other and the altar. This design results in constant reflection, which deliberately encourages occupants to look deep within to find reality. You also see an iron-bound treasure chest.
Also here: Animist Daerte, Fatebound Vahlissa, Gallant Marsais, Ambassador Sendithu, Unbelievable Aeviona, Scholar Xzean, Malzard, Garden Seeker Sionyl, Dissident Denstimar, Sacred Artisan Glizten, Warrior Priest Cerval, Mystic Artisan Tzian, Muse Terra.
Obvious exits: south.

Celitha